“Well appointed, convenient and a nice stay” 5 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #52 of 468 Hotels in Houston
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
“Well appointed, convenient and a nice stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

When corporate business sites negotiate rates, I'm always a bit suspect. In this case, I was pleasantly surprised. The Crowne Plaza Suites was a good location and had two great restaurants, The Olive Garden and Salt Grass Steahouse adjacent tot he hotel. The accomodation were very comfortable.

Front desk staff was extremely helpful and friendly, recommending restaurants and directions. What I really liked was that they took the time to print directions instead of just verbally telling me.

The bed was firm enough and the linens were crisp. I really appreciated the little touch of priority parking up front, a welcome bag with cookies, water & complimentary amenities, a gift bag on the bed with ear plugs, sleep mask and a lavender linen spray. I didn't need the first two items, but got a kick out of the lavender spray and used it. It sure smelled great and I had an excellent nights sleep.

I at at hotel restaurant (Sierra Grill) for lunch-it was reasonably priced and my Southwest club sandwich was huge-much too big to finish. Lunch with an iced tea, tax and tip was just over $10.00! Unlike some of the other hotels my wireless internet worked and had adequate speeds.

I'm sure I'll be back.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

I recently stayed at the Crowne Plaza and was most impressed! It has beautiful and spacious rooms, an excellent gym, a fully equipped business centre (they had both macs and PCs) and an overall extremely clean, well maintained and elegant environment. I got the best value for my money. I would definitely stay there every time I am in town. The best part of my experience was the incredibly high level of customer service. Every member of staff was extremely friendly, attentive and did everything possible to make my stay a success on every account.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
HIG110, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Suites Houston - Near Sugar Land, responded to this review, December 9, 2011
Dear Traveler,

We're so glad you enjoyed your stay and experienced our top-notch guest service, first-hand. Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments and we'll look forward to seeing you in the future!
Lexington, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

I just stayed at this Crown Plaza Suites for a two week period in November taking part in a training program..As the name says, this is a suite hotel. The suites are among the nicer mid-price hotels at which I have stayed and are quite large. All face an inner courtyard that goes up multiple floors If you have problems with height, therefore, it would be best to ask for a lower level suite. The railings are ironwork and you can see the restaurant and lounge from the upper floors.

The suites consist of a living room in the front with a very nice kitchenette area and a good work space (good light; lots of outlets). The WiFi functioned superbly. There is a nice sofa, a chair with a hassock, and a fairly decent flat screen 32 inch LCD television that got good reception in both the living area and the bedroom. I felt that there was a limited selection of channels as compared to the comforts of home, but it seems to nbe a typical issue in many of the Hotels I have stayed in. The kitchenette consists of a small refrigerator and a microwave. There were very limited kitchen tools, cutlery, and so forth. There is a coffee pot with ceramic mugs, which are so much nicer than the plastic cups Holiday Inn makes available. Thery had Wolfgang puck coffee which was excellent and I felt that two packets of regular and one of decaf was a good and thoughtful touch.

The bedroom is separated from the living area by the bath and therefore is away from hall noise and has a complimentary safe which I thought was a very thoughtful touch. The bedrooms have windows opening to the exterior balcony.

The bath was very nice and there was plenty of hot water and large, fluffy towels and a bathrobe. The closets were more than adequate for a single traveler. I had a friend visit me over the weekend and there was plenty of room for her clothes as well. The hotel has laundry facilities on the third floors that consist of three washers and three dryer. They seemed to work very well (I used them).

Front desk staff were very welcoming and helpful, including helping me to mail letters, which is not always the case. I am a priority Club Member and they handed me a "goody bag " full of complimentary items, a bottle of water, cookies and a pass for reserved parking in a few spaces up front at Check in. This was a great perk and I truly appreciated it. I had breakfast buffet every day in the restaurant which was included in my rate. The food was excellent with many choices was very good, but felt that the service was a little inconsistent.

There is a very nice gift shop staffed by helpful and friendly people on the ground floor. The lobby is quite nice with lots of comfortable seating and the Hotel offers a good bar with a decent selection of wines by the glass (or I suppose by the bottle). The bar is an open lobby bar and was a good place to sit during the day outside of class for work, email checking, and so forth.

The hotel has a decent fitness center which is located inside the indoor pool and Jacuzzi area. The equipment is acceptable and has a universal gym, treadmills, bicycle and free weights I did not use the pool, but It appeared to be quite inviting, and probably great for a dip at the end of the day.

The rooms at this hotel and the staff make it a great value. I would definitely stay and eat here.

Larry Hamilton Lexington SC

Nagpur, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

After staying at another Crowne Plaza in Downtown Seattle WA, where the service was below par, I was a little apprehensive about staying here. But I was offered the Breakfast & Cocktails package along with my Suite which sounded like a great deal and I decided to take a chance.. and boy was I glad I did ! The asian gentleman who checked me in was superb and took the extra time to explain the various amenities and features about the Hotel. Since I am a priority club member , I was given a parking permit to park right in front of the Hotel which I thought was a great perk. I was also given a goody bag full of cookies, a sample : bottle" of Armani code cologne and a shaving set. The desk clerk also told me that I was being put on the eighth floor which was reserved for Priority Club guests. I really liked the open lobby atrium and the glass elevators whisked me quickly to my suite. I can honestly say was very impressed by my room. I beleive this is an old embassy suite conversion but done extremely well. The living room had a 32 inch flat screen TV, microwave and refrigerator. My bedroom had a freshly made king bed and a amenity bag and a bathrobe was on the bed. I immediately felt comfortable and at ease. The staff here is exceptinally friendly and everyone I came in contact with during my two night say was most cordial and eager to please. I ordered room service the first night and the waiter Aaron, a delightful young man, brought up my Blackened Salmon dinner which was absolutely marvelous. He engaged a small conversation with me in spanish and while I could tell he had learned it in school, he did a great job ! Spanish is not my mother tounge and I had to learn it myself in school and is very essential for my business, I could ceratinly appreciate his efforts. I went down for the cocktails in the lounge and my waiter was very attentive. I presented my coupon I was a bit disappointed that the cocktails were only house brands and I had to pay $1.50 extra for Chivas, but I was OK with it Next mornig I went down for breakfast and I really enjoyed by huge American breakfast. I have heard that everything is big in Texas but I had no idea how lavish this breakfast buffet was and included in my rate ! I enjoyed an omelete from the International omelet station and was able to choose a few ingredeints from my country and I thought this was very special. Our world has become such a close knit community and touches like these made me feel completely welcome in this country. I felt that I was amongst good friends througout my stay and did not feel or get treated as just another customer. I will make it a point to stay again at this Hotel on my next trip to The US in March 2012.

Room Tip: Ask for the 8th Floor " quite Zone " room
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
HIG110, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Suites Houston - Near Sugar Land, responded to this review, December 2, 2011
Dear Traveler,

We never tire from reading reviews like yours. We're so glad that you enjoyed your stay and we were able to restore your faith in Crowne Plaza hotels. Thank you for taking the time to leave such a detailed review about the Crowne Plaza Suites Houston Southwest, as I'm sure other travelers will find it very helpful. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again. Safe travels!
Pune, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

Traveled here on business to Houston from Pune and this is my third visit to this Hotel. The service has always been superb and the staff is excellent. The food & beverage quality is exceptional and the rooms are very spacious. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

Dear Traveler,

We're thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and I will proudly pass on your comments to the entire team. Thank you for your continued patronage and for allowing us to serve your travel accomodation needs. See you soon!
Everywhere
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

I know the management reads the reviews here so I do hope they take note.
Check-in: Quick and painless. Got the welcome bag with water, crackers and razors. Unfortunately I had lost my toothbrush and they were out of complimentary ones but advised me to go to the gift shop and pay 3 bucks for one. I paid extra and booked a room with breakfast and cocktails included.
Room: Door was wide open when I got to the room. Got a call from the desk and did let them know that. Rooms ared definitely dated but clean. TV in the sitting area wasn't working but fixed quickly. I requested a room away from highway. I got a room on the side of the building which wasn't too bad but still in plain view and street noise is heard in the bedroom area.

Breakfast/cocktails: The included 2 cocktails include house wine, domestic beer and bottom shelf (house) liquors. We ended up paying for a couple drinks because there were lots of things 'not included'. There was a large conference present so there was a crowd in the lounge area and for breakfast. Arrived for breakfast at 1030am(ends at 11) to picked over and empty buffet containers. No eggs, no muffins, no waffles, no OJ. So we wandered around for about 5 minutes til someone showed up to put some fruit out. I asked if the waffles were going to be replenished, OJ. He responded 'No'. We 're about to close it up. Breakfast is clearly til 11am. It's now around 1035am. So after several people complained they brought out some orange juice. There was one female employee working this morning(couldn't see her name tag) but for management she was the only female working the buffet area on Nov 27 that I saw. Another guest asked about replenishing the food and she told her no we're closing in 10 minutes and not nicely at all. As I was standing right there, I corrected her and told her it's 1043am and she rolled her eyes at me. So my buffet was maybe half a scoop of eggs, a pancake and 1 piece of bacon. Not worth it for the extra money and the rudeness by the staff when there were several people there trying to eat was ridiculous. I spent 5 minutes looking for silverware, ketchup. They all were just standing around trying to rush folks out of there. Not once did anyone come over to our table to ask if we needed anything.

I would not return again to this Crowne Plaza. The service is not worthy of the brand name. I got better service staying at the Best western that is highly ranked here (see my review) and for half the price. Even an employee who worked at the lounge area indicated that since this owner took over they do the bare minimum. I did indeed write my complaints on the hotel review and reported to the front desk who said they would pass along to management. I had high hopes for this one but I will stay at the River Oaks Crowne next time or go back to Best Western.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
HIG110, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Suites Houston - Near Sugar Land, responded to this review, November 29, 2011
Dear Traveler,

You are indeed correct that Management reads your comments and boy are we embarassed by yours. First off, let me apologize for the disappointing breakfast experience. I offer no excuses, only the promise that we will perform much better in the future. As you can see from the majority of other comments, your experience is not the norm. I hope that you might reconsider staying with is in the future, and give us the opportunity to right our wrong and show you what a terrific hotel we are!
Kirbyville, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

Our check in was quick and easy. Our accommodations were spacious, comfortable, and very clean. Everyone was so nice.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Dear Traveler,

Thanks for your strong recommendation. We're thrilled that you enjoyed yourself so much and hope you'll stay again soon!

Been to Crowne Plaza Suites Houston - Near Sugar Land? Share your experiences!