My company has planned the past several years their yearly conference at this site. That being said, for the entire weekend, we book more than 250 rooms/apts and the Granite Ballroom room for 2+ days, as well as the entire Yacht Club for Saturday evening events.
I will start with then positive. The accommodations are very nice and clean. The grounds are beautiful and kids activities and pools are very nice.
However, regardless with how beautiful a place is, if the resort fails miserably at customer service, I won't be back.
I called ahead to ask for a pack n play for my 8 month old. When we checked in, the front staff stated he saw the request on my reservation but would have to call house keeping to get it for us. When you have a tired baby, it would have been nice to already have her bed in the condo and not wait.
Second, we had lunch at Lantana. Our server was horrible. I saw her 3 times, the first time for our drink order, the second to take our food order and the 3rd to bring our food. She never refilled our drinks, she never asked how our food was (which took over 25 minutes for 3 simple sandwiches and soup). When I got up to go to the hostess desk to ask for our bill to be charged to our room, since our server was MIA. The hostess walked past me 3 times and I had to wait another 5 minutes at the hostess desk. When she came back to the desk, she was talking to another server and I had to interrupt their conversation to get my bill!! Very frustrating.
Saturday night they had a movie at the pool, which is really nice for the kids. The only problem is the movie was over at 10 PM and the movie just kept looping a 15 second song over and over again for over a 1 1/2 hours until my husband called and asked if they were aware the movie had been over and if they could turn it off. The staff's reply, "really? its over?" Come on!!! I don't even think the movie was 1 1/2 hours long!
Getting back to my company spending the weekend at this resort, I called for a late check out, as our conference went until 1230. I was just asking to be able to check out at 1 PM. When I called the response I got was "absolutely not, the latest is 12 PM." I tried to explain the issue and I was just told sorry, noon is the latest. And LITERALLY a woman was standing the parking lot of the apartments with a clipboard to make sure EVERYONE was out by noon. What kind of customer service is that?!! HORRIFIC.
I am giving this feedback to my company and sitting on the board, I am certain we will not be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Texas' Premier Golf and Lake Resort located 45-minutes west of Austin in the heart of the Texas Wine Region. Horseshoe Bay Resort features 385 guest rooms, three Robert Trent Jones Sr. golf courses, full service marina, spa, sixteen adult tennis courts including red clay plus three kids' courts, 18-hole Bermuda grass putting course, private executive airport and seven dining outlets including two waterfront restaurants on the shores of Lake LBJ. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Horseshoe Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Horseshoe Bay Resort Marriott Hotel Horseshoe Bay
- Marriott Horseshoe Bay Hotel
- Horseshoe Bay Marriott
- Horseshoe Bay Resort Texas