“Not worth it” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Horseshoe Bay Resort

You added Horseshoe Bay Resort to your Saves list
Horseshoe Bay Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   200 Hi Circle North, Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657 (Formerly Horseshoe Bay Resort Marriott)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
35% off Memorial Day Wkd
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Horseshoe Bay
Fort Worth, Texas
“Not worth it”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My company has planned the past several years their yearly conference at this site. That being said, for the entire weekend, we book more than 250 rooms/apts and the Granite Ballroom room for 2+ days, as well as the entire Yacht Club for Saturday evening events.

I will start with then positive. The accommodations are very nice and clean. The grounds are beautiful and kids activities and pools are very nice.

However, regardless with how beautiful a place is, if the resort fails miserably at customer service, I won't be back.

I called ahead to ask for a pack n play for my 8 month old. When we checked in, the front staff stated he saw the request on my reservation but would have to call house keeping to get it for us. When you have a tired baby, it would have been nice to already have her bed in the condo and not wait.

Second, we had lunch at Lantana. Our server was horrible. I saw her 3 times, the first time for our drink order, the second to take our food order and the 3rd to bring our food. She never refilled our drinks, she never asked how our food was (which took over 25 minutes for 3 simple sandwiches and soup). When I got up to go to the hostess desk to ask for our bill to be charged to our room, since our server was MIA. The hostess walked past me 3 times and I had to wait another 5 minutes at the hostess desk. When she came back to the desk, she was talking to another server and I had to interrupt their conversation to get my bill!! Very frustrating.

Saturday night they had a movie at the pool, which is really nice for the kids. The only problem is the movie was over at 10 PM and the movie just kept looping a 15 second song over and over again for over a 1 1/2 hours until my husband called and asked if they were aware the movie had been over and if they could turn it off. The staff's reply, "really? its over?" Come on!!! I don't even think the movie was 1 1/2 hours long!

Getting back to my company spending the weekend at this resort, I called for a late check out, as our conference went until 1230. I was just asking to be able to check out at 1 PM. When I called the response I got was "absolutely not, the latest is 12 PM." I tried to explain the issue and I was just told sorry, noon is the latest. And LITERALLY a woman was standing the parking lot of the apartments with a clipboard to make sure EVERYONE was out by noon. What kind of customer service is that?!! HORRIFIC.

I am giving this feedback to my company and sitting on the board, I am certain we will not be back.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
HorseshoeBayResort, General Manager at Horseshoe Bay Resort, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Clever8,

Thank you for your review. Your feedback is very important to us and we are certainly disappointed to learn about your recent stay. Your experience, as described here, falls way below our standards, and I would like the opportunity to visit with you about it. Please reach out to me personally at mjeffrey@hsbresort.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

Mark Jeffrey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I would recommend this resort - it's gorgeous! The yacht club is awesome, marina is very nice as well & the pool & hot tub were perfect & the restaurant/food were good. Drinks are very pricey but you're on vacation! Not much to do outside this resort except a few shops & restaurants in town. Jason the pool / grounds guy was very helpful & informative.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear y2kclj,

Thank you for taking the time to review Horseshoe Bay Resort. We appreciate the five star rating and are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay. We're also glad you were able to experience several of the amenities we have to offer. With the resort located on full-level Lake LBJ, it's the perfect vacation destination for fun on the water and lakeside dining. We'll be sure to let Jason know you recognized him in your review. Thank you for your business and we look forward to welcoming you back to the resort again soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

The views are breathtaking and the grounds are very well kept. And I can't tell you how great the food was at our rehearsal dinner, and wedding. But what really made all of our events that weekend so perfect, was the staff! Everyone was so helpful and kind to all of our guest. Be sure to stop by the Yacht Club bar one night. Journey, one of the bartenders there, is amazing!

The ONLY complaint, is that we wish the rooms in the hotel tower were a bit more updated. Seeing that the resort has so many things to do, you probably won't be in your room too much though.

This was the perfect resort for our wedding, and a great vacation spot for all of our out-of-town guest. My husband and I see ourselves coming back every summer just for the heck of it! :)

Thanks so much to everyone at Horseshoe Bay Resort!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
HorseshoeBayResort, General Manager at Horseshoe Bay Resort, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear India B,

Thank you for taking the time to review Horseshoe Bay Resort. We are delighted to know that your wedding went well and that you chose the resort to celebrate such a momentous occasion. Our associates enjoy making your big day extra special so it comes as no surprise that they provided top notch service to you and your guests. We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming the two of you back this summer!

Warmest Regards,

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Ok so it's our second annual golf tournament. HOLE IN ONE!!! Stuart and Amberlee once again handle every single detail like it's nothing. Nothing phases them. They had back up plans since the weather was anywhere from 20 to 100% rain guarantee. Thankfully the weather was perfect. The reception staff was easy to deal with. The bellman escorted me to my room with my way to many bags. Shout out to Richard P!!! As Usual a perfect day.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
HorseshoeBayResort, General Manager at Horseshoe Bay Resort, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Ronaele R,

Thank you for taking the time to review Horseshoe Bay Resort. Your feedback is very important to us and it's nice to hear that we met your expectations. Our goal is to provide high quality customer service to ensure you have a flawless experience during your stay and our associates, like Amberlee, Stuart and Richard, enjoy going above and beyond for our guests. We will be sure to let them know you mentioned them here. We appreciate your business and look forward to hosting next year's golf tournament. If we can be of assistance before then, please let us know.

Austin, Tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My friends and I enjoyed a wonderful weekend at Horseshoe Bay Resort~ We stayed at the Paseo and were very happy. The 3 bedroom condo was clean, well stocked with linens and kitchen items. The beds were all very comfortable. Our unit had a wonderful upper deck where we enjoyed breakfast.

The pools , hot tub and grounds at this resort were simply terrific. The pools are clean, the towels are large and nice quality.

The miniature golf area was totally impressive. Since we didnt plan to golf, we simply walked around the area and fully enjoyed the many waterfalls and flowers around the course.

We did take advantage of the "trolly" rides from the hotel to the beach area. The drivers were pleasant and the "shuttle" service frequent.

The workout area had treadmills and somewhat older machines however all were in working order and the building was clean.

We found the staff to be helpful and pleasant. We all agreed we would return!

Room Tip: be sure to explore the entire grounds~You'll be delighted by the beautiful flowers and sculpture...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Dear AintAustin,

Thank you for taking the time to review Horseshoe Bay Resort. We are delighted to hear that you and your friends enjoyed your stay in our Paseo Vacation Suites. The Paseos are quite comfortable for groups and very convenient to many of our amenities like the hotel swimming pool & cabana and Whitewater Putting Course. We appreciate your business and hope to welcome you back to the resort this summer!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My wife and I had a wonderful golf get a way Thanks to David, the Pro at Ram Rock and Apple Rock golf courses and Angelina, at the Yacht club. They both showed us that Customer Service was still very much alive at Horseshoe Bay Resort. They both did outstanding at there jobs and showed it was not just a job but something they both enjoy and take a great deal of Pride doing. The resort was great but these two made the resort one of the Best you will ever find. Thank you for your great service and caring.
Everett DDS

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Everett,

Thank you for taking the time to review Horseshoe Bay Resort. We are very pleased to hear that your golf weekend went well and that our associates took great care of you. As a four-diamond golf resort, we pride ourselves on providing the best customer service in the business and our associates, like David and Angelina, work diligently to make that happen every day for our guests. We will definitely let them know that you recognized them here.

Horseshoe Bay, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We held a rehearsal dinner on the Magnolia Lawn at Horseshoe Bay Yacht Club. The food was wonderful, the setting was very beautiful and the staff exceeded our expectations! We received many complements that evening and the next day. A big thank you to Rachel and everyone involved at Horseshoe Bay Resort!

Room Tip: Higher floors have very nice views.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Dear Charlene F,

Thank you for taking the time to review Horseshoe Bay Resort. We are delighted to hear that your rehearsal dinner went well and that the venue and our staff met your expectations. The Yacht Club on Lake LBJ creates the perfect atmosphere for any celebration so we're happy you selected it for such a special event. We'll be sure to pass your comments on to Rachel and the entire wedding team. Thank you for your business and please let us know if there's anything we do for you in the future.

Warmest Regards,

Mark Jeffrey

Been to Horseshoe Bay Resort? Share your experiences!