“Geat Texas Resort” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Horseshoe Bay Resort

You added Horseshoe Bay Resort to your Saves list
Horseshoe Bay Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   200 Hi Circle North, Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657 (Formerly Horseshoe Bay Resort Marriott)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
SPRING BREAK FAMILY PKG
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Horseshoe Bay
Cedar Park, Texas
“Geat Texas Resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

If you want to be treated with some good ole' Texas hospitality this is the place to come. From the staff when pull up to the check out when you leave, you will feel that they really do care. I did not play golf but I have heard that their courses are top notch. I do know about tennis and their staff, Michelle and Aland, are top professionals and if you want to have fun and improve your game, take a group or private lesson. They offer hotel rooms and condos by the tennis courts, and if you want a lot of room and have kids, book the condos. Horseshoe Bay is a great getaway from the big city life!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The courts (clay and hard) are undoubtedly in great shape but what makes the program, is the leadership of Michelle Stallard. She is a consummate tennis professional, welcoming and runs a fantastic program.

Taylor, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Okay, lets start with the good. The people. The staff is super friendly, kind, and there to please you and FEEL THE LOVE.

Now for the better, the tennis court's. I'm a player, and a fan. I come here often to play on the clay courts and spend the nights gazing over the water and relaxing on the resort. The clay courts are the best around. Period. Michelle Stallard , who is the resident pro at HSB is amazing. She knows tennis inside and out, and if you have the time book a lesson with her, and watch you tennis IQ grow. Bartender Dawn in the Hotel lobby is something that fell from Heaven! Seriously, I lost my envelope of cash while downstairs and she went around asking everyone to see who it belonged to. She came to me, I felt my pocket was empty, and was so grateful to realize that she had kept it for me. What a blessing. Honesty like this is rare these days. She came around often to make sure we were good, and always had a smile on her face.

Finally, the best. The resort itself ......well....... just come see for yourself.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This was our second stay at HSB for a tennis conference. We are very impressed with the overall resort and the variety of activities you can do, from Red Clay tennis courts, walking paths, rustic Hill Country look, spa and massages, lake and Marina, activity area with games, bikes, putt-putt golf, etc.. The food seemed to have improved this second visit from last year, which was very good. However, the food is still a little pricer than we had expected. It takes a little time to get there since it is in the country, but once you are there it is worth it.

Room Tip: Paseo Rooms are like being in your own apartment.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
HorseshoeBayResort, General Manager at Horseshoe Bay Resort, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear ChuckSan,

Thank you for taking the time to review Horseshoe Bay Resort. We enjoy hosting the USPTA conference and are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay. The red clay tennis courts certainly add a unique experience for our tennis enthusiasts and as you mention in your review, there are plenty of activities and amenities to keep you busy while you're here.

In order to create value for our guests, we strive to keep pricing competitive and in line with other four-diamond resorts. We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back to the resort again soon.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I surprised my fiance Valentines day weekend with a golf trip. We arrive Sunday, I was told over the phone we should be able to check-in early (and upgrade our room to include a patio with no problem) I was let down very rudely by the front desk. She stated nothing was ready and she would call once our room is available. I received no call. The shuttle took very long time to arrive, he almost missed his tee time. The course wasn't in the best shape, definitely not worth the weekend rate! I made reservation for our Valentines dinner at Lantana. HORRIBLE experience! Reservations were useless, service was terrible and food was mediocre. I felt terrible presenting this experience as my Valentines day gift to him. We were seated and neglected for a very long time. We ordered water....which came 20 mins later. My fiance was getting very agitated. We considered going to another restaurant in the resort but this was the only sit down restaurant open on a Sunday. Monday we decided to go to the sauna and relax. We pay $15 each to use the facilities , the sauna was cold, I waited 30 mins...still cold. Needless to say the sauna never worked. I go to the workout room. I hop on the workout bike, look behind me and find water around electrical outlets. VERY DANGEROUS!!! I hop off and tell the employee, she just says ok, when it rains water leaks. If you know about this, why not fix it??! Not sure if she cleaned it up or not. I regret choosing Horseshoe bay.

Dear Melissa A,

Thank you for taking the time to review Horseshoe Bay Resort. We are disappointed to hear about your Valentine's weekend at the resort as your experiences certainly fall way below our standards. Please reach out to me personally at mjeffrey@hsbresort.com with your check in date and confirmation number. With this information, I can investigate what fell through and ensure it doesn't happen again. I look forward to hearing from you.

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Me and my wife stayed at HSB Resort the weekend of Valentine's Day, and we could not be happier. The resort has Valet as well as self-parking available, relatively closer to the Tower. We were on 6th floor with a lake view room in the Resort Tower....the view was as good as it could be....unfortunately, we did not have a patio, but that was just fine. We spent more time with activities, and less time in our room anyway...All the staff we encountered were nice, and attentive....The Valentine's Day Concert and Dinner were nice, and reasonable.....Pool was nice and warm. Mini golf was great...we loved the Palm garden, and took several strolls through it....One knock on the resort is the food.....We really did not like dinner at Latana Grill. Food was bland, and soups were barely warm. Our waitress did swap the soup for a warmer version, but still lacking...With limited eating options, the Resort can definitely use some help at the Latana Grill. Food at the Yatch Club was good. No complains on the prices, as we knew that going in. But, for the prices, the food can/should definitely be better....We hope to have better experience on our next visit soon.

Room Tip: High floors.....Lake/Garden View
Dear PKR2013,

Thank you for taking the time to review Horseshoe Bay Resort. We are delighted to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your stay and that you took time to explore many of our amenities, including the Whitewater Putting Course and surrounding gardens. The luscious gardens are truly unique to the resort and offer the perfect relaxing spot for our guests.

We appreciate your feedback concerning our dining outlets and will look into those issues specifically. Thank you for your business and we look forward to your return visit soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Our son playered this tournament Feb 7/8. This was our first time at Horseshoe Bay resorts and we were very impressed at the beginning with the hotel staff checking us in, answering questions and directing us to the Paseo rooms. Our family all agreed the bedding was very comfortable and we all had a good nights rest.
Our son needed to be on the course early the next morning so we called for the shuttle to pick him up and take him to the course. Without any problems, they did just as we requested. This allowed my husband and I to stay in and have coffee and then get ready to go to the course in our rented vehicle.
Throughout our 2 days there we ate several different times in the club house at the Putter Grill. We met a wonderful, friendly woman named Jill and lots of others who worked cooking food for people. She was so kind, helped answer our questions and made us feel very comfortable with anything we need. The food was excellent and I ordered a tuna melt which wasnt on the menu but the cook certainly new how to make it. Wonderful fries and drinks followed.
The guys (don't remember their names) that worked in the golf shop were helpful with getting us a cart the second day and answered a few questions again that we had. We finished the tournament and the course views were beautiful. Both days were the weather was extremely beautiful, cool, yet with bright sunshine. Awesome is what we kept saying, since our weather hadn't been so great the weeks before.
After we left for home, our son had left something behind in the room and we called the following day to the lost and found. I spoke with a lady named Cara. At this time, housekeeping hadn't turned anything in from our room. She asked for my phone number and would call me back the next day. As the day went on no word, so I called again and a nice fellow said Cara would be back in 10 mins and he would have her call me. Not long after, Cara was calling me and letting us know they found the lost item and she shipped it directly to our home in Beaumont, Texas. Nice to know people really care about others possessions.
All in all, wonderful place, excellent employees, very helpful staff and a wonderful golf trip for all of us. Thank you Horseshoe Bay Resorts. You exceeded our expectations. Vickie DuBose

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
HorseshoeBayResort, General Manager at Horseshoe Bay Resort, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Mrs. DuBose,

Thank you for taking the time to review Horseshoe Bay Resort and thank you for your 5-star rating. We were pleased to be selected as the tournament site again this year and are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay. As a AAA four-diamond resort, we enjoy catering to our guests and providing the little extra touches like the 24/7 shuttle service to make our guests feel comfortable and relaxed. We'll be sure to pass your comments on to the staff members you recognize here as they are always looking for ways to go above and beyond for our guests.

We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back to the resort for the next junior tournament, if not sooner.

Mark Jeffrey

Been to Horseshoe Bay Resort? Share your experiences!