“3 days at the resort” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Horseshoe Bay Resort

You added Horseshoe Bay Resort to your Saves list
Horseshoe Bay Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   200 Hi Circle North, Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657 (Formerly Horseshoe Bay Resort Marriott)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
Valentine's Weekend Pkg
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Horseshoe Bay
Kerrville, Texas
“3 days at the resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

WOW! Every staff member you come in contact with is exceptional. They WANT your stay to be its very best! Dawn from Landtana 5 stars, personable and professional!
Also I am a bit of a clean freak and the rooms were sparkling! I slept like a baby and ate like a king (well in my case a queen!)
Definitely will return.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
HorseshoeBayResort, General Manager at Horseshoe Bay Resort, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Donna B,

Thank you for taking the time to review Horseshoe Bay Resort. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. You're absolutely correct - our associates, from the front of the house to the heart of the house, genuinely want to provide top-notch customer service to every guest. We want you focused on what matters most to you while you're here, be it time with your loved ones or a peaceful getaway by yourself. Thank you for your business and we look forward to welcoming you back to the resort again soon.

Mark Jeffrey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Austin, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I spent my birthday weekend here with some girlfriends in the summer. I had purchased a Living Social deal. I called to book, it took awhile to reach someone and when they found out I had a Living Social deal, I had to call another number and do it all over again. What a hassle. When I tried checking in there was no parking that was close, it was a mess up front with vehicles. The front desk staff didn't seem happy about working. The rooms are nice but nothing fancy. It was nice to take the shuttle down to the lake but the second time we took it, they picked us up at the back of the hotel (earlier in the day it was in the front) so that was a pain to figure out. The pool areas are nice. The gym is average. Even with the discount rate I'd still say it's overpriced. I would not recommend paying full price. Check Groupon or Living Social for a deal. We had dinner at the restaurant, our soup was cold. Overall I wasn't impressed and this was a place I had wanted to visit for several years.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Natalie512,

Thank you for taking the time to review Horseshoe Bay Resort. Although we are glad to hear you and your friends enjoyed the lake and the pools during your stay, we are disappointed to know you did not find value in your experience. As a AAA four-diamond resort, we offer competitive pricing to other resorts throughout the area, even those not located on a full-level lake. We appreciate your business and hope you'll consider staying with us again for another quick getaway.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Our stay was very relaxing but could have been better in my opinion. The hotel beds are extremely firm and I enjoy a medium firm mattress. Therefore my sleep was interrupted with a lot of tossing and turning. The room was very clean except the sofa and chairs needed upholstery cleaning. The style was dated as were the curtains. A really nice hotel except for the age of the rooms.

• Stayed January 2015
HorseshoeBayResort, General Manager at Horseshoe Bay Resort, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Ellis21d,

Thank you for taking the time to review Horseshoe Bay Resort. We're glad to hear you had a relaxing stay overall but wish the bed had been more comfortable for you. Next time, please don't hesitate to alert the front desk. They'll be happy to send one of our housekeeping associates to your room to make adjustments to the bedding. We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back to the resort soon.

Basel, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

FIrst time staying at the hotel and it was fantastic. The holiday decor, restaurant food and the room were all great. Bets part was the excellent, quick, and friendly service from all the staff. Would highly recommend it!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
HorseshoeBayResort, General Manager at Horseshoe Bay Resort, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Rush1001,

Thank you for taking the time to review Horseshoe Bay Resort and thank you for spending the holidays with us. We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and that the level of service you received met your expectations. Our associates enjoy servicing our guests with warm hospitality so we'll be sure to share your comments with our staff resort-wide. We appreciate your business and look forward to your return in the new year.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Booked a room to play golf and brought my wife and two young boys to have a nice getaway. However it wasn't so. Upon arrival front desk didn't seem to happy to be working and were not very friendly at all. The room was very good size however you could see patches in the ceiling and stains all over the carpet. Room seemed a little dirty as well and seemed to not be taken care of very well. Golf course was great and no complaints there. We tried to eat at the yacht club and apparently they do not serve any food until 6pm. We arrived at 4:30pm but could not be accommodated. So we were sent to the lantana resturant that was suppose to be open. However when we arrived we were told that they were not open until 6pm as well and by reservation only. They had open reservations from 6pm on. I was told however that I could go sit at the bar and they could serve me food. I however have a 4 and 6 year old so sitting at the bar would be out of the question and the fact that the very rude personnel suggested it is ridiculas. I had to go to town to eat which defeats the purpose of staying at a resort. I brought this to the attention of the front desk and I recieved a sorry as the solution to my issues. We checked out the same day we checked in and went to another resort which is worth the money spent.

• Stayed December 2014
HorseshoeBayResort, General Manager at Horseshoe Bay Resort, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Cray2,

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed one of our Robert Trent Jones, Sr. golf courses during your stay. However, we are certainly disppointed by the condition of your room and lack of customer service you experienced. We pride ourselves on delivering a quality product through top-notch service every time and it's clear your experience fell short of our standards. Please reach out to me personally at mjeffrey@hsbresort.com with your check-in date and confirmation number so that we may investigate what fell through and ensure the issue is remedied for the future.

We appreciate your business and hope you'll give us another opportunity to wow you with the level of customer service we're known for as a AAA four-diamond resort.

Danbury, Connecticut, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have stayed at this hotel many times. It is the best hotel around the adjacent town of Marble Falls which is where my family lives. During the summer time it is packed with lots to do and the staffing levels are appropriate. When I stayed there recently I couldn't get anyone to answer the phone for about 10 minutes. Also the beds need a little updating, especially the pillows. There is a nice store in the lobby for sundries and room service closes at 10 pm. There is only vending options after this. The pool is great and the doormen are very attentive. The Christmas decorations were very beautiful!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
HorseshoeBayResort, General Manager at Horseshoe Bay Resort, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Shaun B,

Thank you for taking the time to review Horseshoe Bay Resort and thank you for being a loyal customer. Your feedback is very important to us and we apologize for any inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We look forward to seeing you this summer for warmer temps and the opportunity to enjoy all of our many amenities.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2014

I sent my sons for their birthdays for a weekend of golf at Horseshoe Bay Resort and they loved it! Lorie New made all the arrangements for me and even had a piece of birthday cake complete with candles with their dinner. The resort and golf course were beautiful and the service was impeccable.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
HorseshoeBayResort, General Manager at Horseshoe Bay Resort, responded to this review, 5 weeks ago
Dear liz p,

Thank you for taking the time to review Horseshoe Bay Resort. We are delighted to hear your sons enjoyed their stay and that you chose to gift them with golf on our Robert Trent Jones, Sr. courses. Thank you for your compliment of Lorie - we will be sure to let her know you recognized her here. Our associates are always looking for opportunities to go above and beyond for our guests so you can concentrate on what matters most, like spending time with family.

We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back to the resort again soon.

Mark Jeffrey

Been to Horseshoe Bay Resort? Share your experiences!