“One of the Best” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Horseshoe Bay Resort

You added Horseshoe Bay Resort to your Saves list
Horseshoe Bay Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   200 Hi Circle North, Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657 (Formerly Horseshoe Bay Resort Marriott)   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Horseshoe Bay
Apple Valley
“One of the Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The Resort has it all. The Yacht Club Resturant is superb. Try the Halibut. The bar and three meal Resturant exceeded my expectation. I thought the employees where professional and well trained. The room was spacious and clean with all the amenities that one would expect of a good Resort. The valet staff where so accommodating.they couldn't do enough for us and Took us every where we need to go...we used the Resorts Spa and I had a terrific Massage by Lorin.

We played three of the Resorts Four Golf Courses and I can safely say that they are they are some of the Best in Texas. The views from some of the Tee Boxes where breathtaking. The courses where really well maintained and I found them challenging but fair.
I look forward returning next year.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This resort is a great place, on a lovely lake in the hill country. It's a nice spot for weddings, with ceremony/reception on the water. They have a big resort style pool, AND a faux beach on the lake. The cocktails are excellent, although wait times are long (sometimes extremely long). You can rent boats to go out on the water (captain'ed or not) which is cool too. There is a spa on the resort property, and I truly enjoyed the facial I had. The lady who did my facial gave me some excellent and extremely helpful advice for my skincare routine.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Weaverville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Horseshoe Bay is a beautiful resort. It does have that country club feel; which can be both good and bad. Good in that it has a lot of activities available, but bad in the sense that it is very expensive and seems to cater more to the very wealthy.
It has numerous golf courses; though not all are available for use by everyone (country club, remember). It has a beautiful lake for water sports activities and a small spa.
Be sure you have a large budget when visiting HBR, it ain't a place for the frugal family.
Their major business is summer, but has great potential for winter vacationers escaping from the cold.

Room Tip: Be sure to get a room overlooking the water.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

I just recently stayed at your beautiful hotel about a week ago. My overall experience with the restaurant the room in your staff was great. But at check in it was horrible. I checked in and my room was not ready so I did not mind waiting but right off from the start Bailey had a very unpleasant nature around her. She just seemed like today was just not her day and she just had a very nasty attitude. To me as a guest here staying at your hotel you should put your problems aside. I did not feel comfortable asking her questions because I would felt like if I did ask her questions I was wasting her time and she would give me one answer to my question. at this time she left to go check and see if my room is ready and I talked to one of the gentleman named Omar he was so helpful I asked him questions he responded with yes ma'am no ma'am and if he didn't know the answer he would call to find out. When bailey returned she still had a nasty attitude. when I asked to speak to the manager to discuss how my check in was going she said she was the manager and that the manager was not going to be in until tomorrow morning I said ok she said how can I help you what's the problem in a very disrespectful way also with attitude I said no I will discuss it to your upper management. After that experience I do not talk to management because I felt that if I did she was going to continue to do it I work in the hotel industry and if my employees that there and was disrespectful to any of my guests she will be gone I would fire her. This is a beautiful resort everybody else was perfectly fine but her she honestly made this resort looks bad I will never step foot in this hotel ever again. I also went into the market and the girls that work in there absolutely nice from Margaret the manager to Whitney and also Megan they were so nice even though they were busy they still got the job done they all had smiles on their face that's what I like when I come to resort when I come to hotel. the restaurant food was amazing the people the waitress the waiters were amazing.

• Stayed November 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Checked in an asked for adjoining rooms. None were available and desk clerk could not find any rooms side by side, so our group was given a free upgrade to two, two bedroom condos. They were fantastic. Golf courses were in excellent shape.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
HorseshoeBayResort, General Manager at Horseshoe Bay Resort, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Larry B,

Thank you for taking the time to review Horseshoe Bay Resort. We're so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay in our Waters Condos on Lake LBJ. Delivering top-notch customer service to every guest is our number one priority so that you can concentrate on the moments that matter most, like being close to friends during your stay and enjoying world-class golf on one of our Robert Trent Jones, Sr. golf courses. We hope to welcome you back to the resort soon.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I spent a cold weekend in Horseshoe Bay for a friend's wedding. Although the weather was unusually cold (30s-50s in mid-November), the property was beautiful and warmed with heaters and fire pits. We took a stroll through Whitewater and really appreciated the lush, well-kept grounds. We didn't have time to play mini-golf, but I would on a return trip. The day of the wedding, my hair blowdryer was broken. Just a few minutes after a call to the front desk, I had a new working dryer delivered to my room. A minute later, the dryer shorted. A few minutes after a second call, a third desk was delivered to my room thanks to the courteous, apologetic and quickly resourceful front desk associates. Thanks for a great stay! This is definitely the stop to stay if I need a place to sleep in the area in the future. If I lived in Austin, I'd definitely try the holiday events, just a few hundred dollars for a room, show and meals! Wow!

Dear C G,

Thank you for taking the time to review Horseshoe Bay Resort. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and that our associates took good care of you while you were here. Our landscaped gardens are definitely a guest favorite so we are glad you got to experience them, despite the cold temperatures that weekend.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the resort again soon so you can spend time playing the Whitewater Putting Course and enjoying all the amenities Horseshoe Bay Resort has to offer.

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Really impressed with Horseshoe Bay. The highlight of the trip was the bar where THE Dawn Dulaney serves up some of the best drinks I've ever drunk. She even fixed my wife's glasses on the fly while tending to a full bar of rich drunk Republicans. Customer service is clearly a priority at Horseshoe Bay.

Room Tip: View of the pool is solid.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Wicked C,

Thank you for taking the time to review Horseshoe Bay Resort. We would agree - delivering great customer service is defnitely our number one priority! We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and that Dawn took great care of you. We'll be sure to let Dawn know you mentioned her in your review. Thank you for your business and we look forward to welcoming you back to the resort again soon.

Mark Jeffrey

Been to Horseshoe Bay Resort? Share your experiences!