“Wknd Getaway Relaxing” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Horseshoe Bay Resort

Save Saved
You added Horseshoe Bay Resort to your Saves list
Horseshoe Bay Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   200 Hi Circle North, Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657 (Formerly Horseshoe Bay Resort Marriott)   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Horseshoe Bay
San Antonio, Texas
“Wknd Getaway Relaxing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

Horseshoe Bay & Resort was a first for me and my boyfriend. We came to get a taste of the lake and all it's amenities. We dined at the Yacht Club and we were rocked by a fabulous dinner with fabulous service. We stayed on the 7th floor of the tower with a view on the lake. We were not disappointed!! There are gardens to stroll through. It was rainy and cold when we got there but having a fantastic Bloody Mary at Lantana and the best Tortilla Soup was impressive. I would definitely stay there again. Everyone is very friendly.

• Stayed October 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Texas
1,378 helpful votes 1,378 helpful votes
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We attended a wedding at Horseshoe Bay Resort and spent the night in the Tower. The rooms were clean and functioned well. The food served by the hotel at the wedding reception was delicious and the bar tenders were friendly. I would be inclined to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
HorseshoeBayResort, General Manager at Horseshoe Bay Resort, responded to this review, today
Dear CJTravelerTexas,

Thank you for taking the time to review Horseshoe Bay Resort. As a Top Contributor with Trip Advisor, we value your opinion greatly and are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay. With our luscious landscaping on Lake LBJ and our world-class customer service, we offer the perfect wedding venue in the Texas Hill Country. It sounds like the wedding you attended here was a success and met your expectations.

We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back to the resort again soon.

Best Regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

First let me say that HSB was recommended to me by a friend of mine. It was a great location for our families as most were traveling from north and south Texas. When we first decided this was the place for us we met with Stephanie Day. We had yet to book an official date. At this time the hotel was still a Marriott resort.
Then we decided to book a date and found out the hotel was not a Marriott resort. We were a little disappointed as we had accrued points and things to help with our stay. BUT it didn't detour our decision. I had tried contacting our original contact, Stephanie and it was hard very hard to get a hold of her and never really did. HOWEVER! Once I was connected with Rachel Harris it was all BLISS! Rachel is literally one of the best things that HSB has. She was always in contact with me. Always available to answer my questions. She would email me or call me whenever I needed clarification or had questions. She Met with me before the wedding. Met with me again the week we came down for our wedding. Coordinated EVERYTHING! From golf for the guys to my hair appts to mimosas for the ladies while we were getting ready. She helped decorate the wedding and reception. They worked with my husband to coordinate a surprise ending for me (leaving while our guests lit sparklers.). On the day of our wedding there were other weddings occurring as well but I never felt "second best". Our wedding a smaller one than the others. Rachel recruited some help, Sam and she was just as fabulous as Rachel. I also had the best catering coordinator (Noe---I am sorry if I am spelling it wrong)
The staff catered to our every need. I will recommend this as a wedding place for any and everyone that is getting married. And request Rachel, Sam and their team!!!!!
The accommodations are nice. The rooms in the hotel are a bit "older" but none the less---they are clean and very nice. We never had a problem.
Golf---the only complaint that the boys had was the "beer girl". She was not prompt as she only serviced them twice in 18 holes. She came around two times. She didn't have a "personable" personality which should be a requirement in the hospitality industry----especially if you are paying $150 per person for golf.
The course itself they said was good but probably not $150 worth. They did enjoy themselves however.
I really can't say enlightened great things about our wedding. It WAS the wedding our dreams! We had such a great time and our guests have all said that it was the best wedding that they had ever been to.
I recommend this place and would encourage anyone to stay there. The grounds are beautiful. The pools are great and there's fire pits outside that you can hang out around at night time.

• Stayed September 2014
Dear NewCarlile,

Thank you for taking the time to review Horseshoe Bay Resort and more importantly, thank you for choosing Horseshoe Bay Resort to celebrate the most important day of your life. We pride ourselves on providing top-notch customer service consistently throughout the resort and Rachel, Sam and Noelia certainly maintain that high standard. They are wedding and catering experts who leave no page unturned.

We are delighted to hear that you, your husband and guests enjoyed your experience here. We look forward to welcoming you back to the resort again soon...perhaps for an anniversary celebration.

Warmest Regards,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We live in Houston and have been taking a weekend in October to play Hill Country golf. The 16 that played at the resort this weekend thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Apple Rock and Ram Rock were exactly what we expected in beautiful but were a bit disappointed with Slick Rock that seemed less spectacular. The rooms were very comfortable and the service was consistently friendly everywhere we went. We will certainly consider returning in 2015.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
HorseshoeBayResort, General Manager at Horseshoe Bay Resort, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Rod L,

Thank you for taking the time to review Horseshoe Bay Resort. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and that Apple Rock and Ram Rock, two of our Robert Trent Jones, Sr. courses, met your expectations. In addition to world-class golf, we are known for our top-notch customer service and it sounds like you experienced that while you were here. Our associates pride themselves on making every guest feel comfortable and well taken care of.

We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back to the resort next year for another great golf weekend in the Texas Hill Country.

Warmest Regards,

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

BE CAREFUL WHAT THEY CHARGE YOU... They will put a hold on your card, and then they will screw you out of hundreds of dollars!! We had a golf outing this past weekend, and they were VERY lazy with their work while I was very clear about everything. I planned this trip THREE MONTHS in advance, and they still could not get anything right. I have all 30+ guys that now have problems with their bank statements, getting charged over $1,000 hold and $720 charged twice... Be careful, they WILL screw you over and they will do NOTHING about it. Stay away from this place. Terrible. Terrible service at the bar and restaurant, terrible effort on their reservations, nice golf courses, but that was about it. If you are looking for a place for any type of trip, find somewhere else. Trust me, it will save you a lot of work and stress.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
HorseshoeBayResort, General Manager at Horseshoe Bay Resort, responded to this review, 1 week ago
I am always very open and candid in listening to our guests and their opinions, (as you can see from my numerous other responses). With you I am compelled to defend my team. My team worked with you on numerous occasions asking that you and your group conduct themselves in a more appropriate manner. Your rude and excessively loud behavior toward our other guests affected their stay and caused me to refund some of their money. Your crude comments toward my hourly service staff left some of them in tears. Due to you and your group being drunk and bullying my staff I have banned you from the resort.

Horseshoe Bay Resort
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We visited this resort to celebrate my wife's birthday. We found the grounds to be beautiful and the rooms to be adequate, but nothing special. Our first night we had dinner at the Yacht Club. My wife ordered a filet mignon and I ordered the rib eye. Both meals were so overwhelmingly salty that we were unable to finish the meal. I had a side of grits with cheese that had the consistency of soup. It was terrible. The next day we went to the pool to relax. There wasn't any relaxing as the pool and hot tub were taken over by children. Even though the resort has a sign posted at the hot tub stating no one under the age of 16 is allowed, children much younger were in the hot tub. That may have been tolerable had they behaved, but they were jumping into the tub from the deck and the rocks of the tub. Later they began playing catch with a football in the hot tub. It is clear the resort doesn't enforce their own rules. Later that day I stopped at the Lantana bar for a beer. There were 2 other patons at the bar besides myself. Although the bartender was behind the bar, she ignored me. I waited about 10 minutes for her to take my order, but she never did. I left to find a beverage elsewhere. This place has potential if the food and service issues ever get resloved. Until then don't waste your money.

Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
HorseshoeBayResort, General Manager at Horseshoe Bay Resort, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear My Info C,

Thank you for taking the time to review Horseshoe Bay Resort. Your feedback is extremely important to us and we would like the opportunity to discuss your experience further. Please email your name, contact information and room number to mjeffrey@hsbresort.com. We look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stay at this beautiful resort hotel about once a year. I just wish the room matched the view! The bed is uncomfortable, the pillows are rocks in pillow cases and the lighting is way too dim! The desk is way too tall to be comfortable using a laptop; the wifi is free but very sloow!

The resort staff is friendly. The dining room staff is inexperienced; even with a breakfast buffet, I had to get a supervisor to get the right beverage!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Shirley L,

Thank you for taking the time to review Horseshoe Bay Resort and thank you for visiting us every year. We appreciate your feedback and will use it to evaluate the comfortablility of our sleeping rooms. Making sure our guests are well taken care of is our top priority. We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back to the resort again - this time with a better experience.

Regards,

Mark Jeffrey

Been to Horseshoe Bay Resort? Share your experiences!