We stayed at Horseshoe Bay for one night, on a Sunday. I was expecting extraordinary but it was just ordinary. It is not on the water and our lake view room wasn't what I expected as there are many buildings in between you and the lake and a view of the power plant. The staff is excellent, the room was very clean but the bed wasn't super comfortable and the choice of pillow was either flat or quadruple stuffed - neither of which was comfortable. We were excited to go to the yacht club pool and beach, hoping to take in happy hour on the lake, but when we arrived, the cabana was closed (6:00 p.m.). Maybe because it was Sunday? Anyway, only one restaurant was open - the one in the hotel - and it was pretty pricey with a limited menu. Also maybe this was because it was Sunday. No maps of the grounds were available, which was odd because this place is spread out and we had no idea how to get to the yacht club or where to find the various swimming pools. The main hotel swimming pool wasn't a 'resort' pool, in my opinion. It was average in size and full of way too many loud little kids. The yacht club pool was about the same. The "Beach" area was minuscule. Apparently there is an 'adults only' pool - but that is for members only. The acoustics are terrible and it sounded like there was a basketball game being played in the suite upstairs. Kids running around in the rooms and up and down the hallway. So bring a white noise machine for sure. If you are someone who loves to golf and play tennis, and to whom money is no object and you can afford fancy spa services, this place may be more to your liking. The one thing that was great was the pontoon boat rental - we had a great time on the lake! But, you can rent those other places. I don't think we will be staying there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Texas' Premier Golf and Lake Resort located 45-minutes west of Austin in the heart of the Texas Wine Region. Horseshoe Bay Resort features 385 guest rooms, three Robert Trent Jones Sr. Golf Courses, a Jack Nicklaus Signature Course, a full service marina and spa, and seven dining outlets including two on the waterfront on the shores of Lake LBJ ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Marriott, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Horseshoe Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Horseshoe Bay Resort Marriott Hotel Horseshoe Bay
- Marriott Horseshoe Bay Hotel
- Horseshoe Bay Marriott
- Horseshoe Bay Resort Texas