“Pleasantly Surprised” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Hillsboro
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Pleasantly Surprised”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Arriving very late at night ... we were so relieved to find the hotel to be extremely clean, spacious, comfortable and quiet. The employees were very courteous and helpful. Would definitely stay there again. Everything was great!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Mary R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hillsboro, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you for your kind review and we thank you for your loyalty! We try to maintain a high standard when it comes to our guests and clean and comfort are top of our list. We look forward to seeing you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Burleson, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We stay in Hilton hotels exclusively. We travel full-time after selling our home and retiring. We have stayed around the world but this has been our worst experience to date. There is a certain expectation and this hotel failed. We were aware they had no fridge or microwave in the room but the room did not even have a luggage stand, no bathtub, and the microwave downstairs was so small you couldn't pop a bag of regular size popcorn and allow the turntable to turn. Because of our frequent stays we are allowed late checkout but our orchards were turned off before 10:00 AM. The staff were pretty clueless. The room--a king-- only had 2 towels. It just appears the hotel is suffering in the economy and the owner chooses not to keep it up. Would not recommend you not stay--it was clean but there is no way I would pay the regular rate. Negotiate.

Room Tip: Negotiate price and ask what amenities the room has prior to paying
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
We would like to appologize to you that your stay was not what you expected. We understand that most Hampton's do provide microwaves in the room and we are working to improve our rooms by offering this amenity. Please take a look at our Hilton Honors program and update your profile to show that this is one of the important things that you want when you visit a Hilton property and that information will be matched up with your room preference when you make your next reservation. As for the shower and bathtub situation, all of our King Rooms have showers only and the Queen rooms have baths. We would like to have another chance to let you know how much we appreciate your loyalty, please let us know when you will be in the area again and we will be glad to get you in the room of your choice. Thank you again for staying at Hampton Inn of Hillsboro.
Joshua, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

This trip was just a weekend get away from home trip, not too far from home. I was pleasantly surprised at how nice, neat and clean this hotel is. The staff was very friendly and always asking if there was anything I needed to make my stay better. Breakfast was great!

Room Tip: The 4th floor is the smoking floor. My Hilton Honors profile requests upper floor, but I needed to m...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was able to meet all of your needs! We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

We stopped overnight on before a weekend in Dallas. The outstanding thing about the hotel is the staff, they are all so friendly and eager to help. I had two kids and the hotel doesn't have rooms with an extra sofabed so they had provided a rollaway without even asking. Hotel is modern and in great condition, beds comfortable. Breakfast is typical Hampton fair, with hot items.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Good hotel. Clean, comfortable bed, room was average size. Staff is very friendly which was very nice. Breakfast was ok, I've had better at other Hampton Inn's. It is located off the Interstate so if truck noise bothers you ask for a room not on the interstate side. They do allow smoking on one side of the hotel so be forewarned of that, it does filter over to your side of the hallway. Internet was a little slow the couple of times I stayed there, minor annoyance that I worked around. All in all it's a solid Hampton Inn, the small issues were not enough to keep me away when I had to stay there and the friendly staff more then made up for any minor annoyance. Would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Austin, Tx. USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed on the way back home from OkC to Austin to get our fill of Braum's Ice Cream and shop the outlet mall.
The hotel was quiet and comfy but there was an odor iin the hall that smelld like there was a 18 wheeler parket in the hall. The morning breakfast was less than so-so. I have had better food at a Motel 6. When I sent them a review and they refunded may money and gave me the hilton honors points any way. I like the Hilton Corp. They do believe in taking care of their guests.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Stayed here 10/3/2012 based on Hampton Inn reputation and online reviews. Pretty o.k. place, decent rate, good matress, large room, quiet, set off from the interstate, friendly desk clerk for my late check in. Several chain eateries nearby, and Hillsboro has a Starbucks on the northbound side of I-35. I stayed in Hillsboro a lot during the 2004 natural gas drilling boom, this Hampton was built after that so it is newer than most places in Hillsboro.

However a couple of glitches occurred that rarely happen in the Hampton chain. First, the phone and internet did not work in my room when I settled in late in the night. I was tired and the late night clerk would have to just pass along the info to the manager anyway.

I got up early for next leg of trip, the phone and internet had mysteriously become operative. Strange. I would've asked the front desk about this but was in a hurry.

Good thing I awakened early for shower, etc., when I was down in the breakfast area, guests began asking the front desk about the hot water. Oops! At least I got ahead of that.
The breakfast was o.k., but not great. Basically this is a good hotel, don't shy away, but if glitches occur maybe that could be addressed somehow. Maybe they just had a bad week.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Hillsboro? Share your experiences!