“Rest for the Weary” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Hillsboro
Smithville
“Rest for the Weary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We checked in after midnight and checked out at 11 a.m. Everything was absolutely to our satisfaction. Just wish the price were a bit better especially since we had no time to enjoy the facilities. We were very happy to be placed on the ground floor as we wanted to get to sleep asap. We wanted to join the Wyndham Rewards Loyalty, but were surprised that we could not count this visit. We have used this hotel several years in a row.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I called to reserve a queen double and was quoted 65 for the night. After driving 2 hours I arrived only to be told the person who answered the phone was new and the price would be additional. It wasn't much more but the manager should have honored the price quoted instead of making excuses that an employee was new. He insisted I should pay the price difference even after addmitting he knew she had made the mistake and that it wasn't much more. I left.

Stayed June 2013
GM_04, Owner at Super 8 Hillsboro, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Metsmom10 - I am the owner/overall manager here at the hotel. I sincerely apologize that the current manager would not honor the rate that was quoted to you over the phone by one of our associates. This is not the way we conduct business at this property and we have dealt with this issue with the manager on duty. You are correct, we should have honored what was told to you regardless of if it was incorrect. If you are ever passing through this area again we would like to offer you a discount ON TOP OF the quoted rate that you received initially over the phone.
Again I apologize for this incident. Thank You for your review, this helps us do a better job in the future!
texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is really clean. I stayed here on a weekend night. The hosts were so friendly and ready to offer suggestions as to where to eat and shop. The indoor heated pool was fantastic. Its temperature was luke warm - just perfect. Breakfast was a plethora of items. The room was comfy and very clean. I loved the way the sheets felt. I would recommend this establishment to everyone.

• Stayed June 2013
Ranger, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

My wife and I stayed here on a Sunday night. The hosts, Mr. & Mrs. Patel, are very pleasant and accommodating. The room was large and extremely clean. The linens were so soft. Our king sized bed was very comfortable as was the air conditioning. I highly recommend this establishment. There was also an extended breakfast with the room. Much more than a simple continental breakfast.

• Stayed June 2013
aegais
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Was very impressed with the cleanliness of this hotel. Clearly remodeled and updated. Great service upon arrival and check out. Rooms were large and clean. There was no smell and the AC worked. Only issue was the young kid they had on morning shift. He did not have hot coffee in the morning and was rude when asked to make it. I am sure if I had complained something would have been done.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Super 8 Hillsboro? Share your experiences!