“Worst place ever experienced!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Hillsboro

You added Econo Lodge Hillsboro to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Hillsboro
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1515 Old Brandon Rd, Hillsboro, TX 76645 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Hillsboro
BRYAN
“Worst place ever experienced!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Traveling through the area, I was reading reviews on the hotels, and came across this one. The reviews were good, and a really good price, well I should have known! I went into the room, and right away the dog smell hit me. There were spots on the sheets, white stains all around the bed, on the floor. It was filthy! Even the bathroom was dirty. I walked out, went to the desk and asked for my money back, all within 5 minutes. The young girl at the desk told me they don't do refunds. Then she tried calling someone, and told me again they do not give refunds. I told her either call the owner, or I would cancel my card, she started yelling at me! I couldn't believe what I just went through. Obviously she had experienced this before. I called my bank and canceled. Don't go here! It's nasty!

• Stayed July 2013
jjprime, General Manager at Econo Lodge Hillsboro, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
We are extremley sorry that you had a bad experience at our hotel and rest assure we will take proper action in resolving your issue and to make sure this does not happen again. We strive for 110% customer satisfacton and will do our very best to make that happen. I encourage you and everyone reading this reivew not to strive away for our hotel base on this incident. Mistakes happen and we will fix it. Please look at the past reviews on our service and cleanliness. Thank you, Management..

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Stopped here on my way to San Antonio. Found cheaper rate online so I called hotel and they said they would honor that rate. Hotel was very nice and very clean and for the rate I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Super nice staff! They went above and beyond to meet our request. Traveling by mc with another couple, they changed our rooms so we could be on the bottom floor and side by side. Rooms were clean and very comfortable with cold ac. Standard waffle breakfast with the usual continental items. Great value in a great location along our way to San Antonio.

• Stayed May 2013
Dubuque, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Friendly and courteous staff made this motel a cozy choice after a long day on the road. The room was extra clean and very quiet. Internet access was speedy. Even the other guests were friendly! Thanks, Carrie.

Room Tip: Ask for the Winter Texan side of the building. :)
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

We stopped here on the way to Austin and for the price (below $50) it exceeded our expectations for comfort ,friendliness of staff ,and easy on and off the freeway. The bed was as comfortable as any high priced hotel and the room was spotless .

• Stayed November 2012
Missoula, Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

The rooms have outside doors that's is great for hauling my gear in. Had business center. Plenty of hot water for the shower. Nice people at the front desk. Easy off an on to the I-10. An a 10% discount at local eating places.

• Stayed November 2012
Floresville, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Room was clean. Saw one mosquito once but that was the only bug seen (and we checked carefully). Shower worked well with plenty of pressure but needed three towels. My wife points out that a lady needs a seperate towel for her hair after a shower. Curtains allowed too much light into the room. Air conditioner was extremely noisy. My wife is pretty sure it woke her up every time it came on. It worked well but was really loud. It was even too loud for me and I tend to be a more sound sleeper than my wife. The bed was hard and the TV was pretty archaic with a flaky remote.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Econo Lodge Hillsboro? Share your experiences!