“Sushi Fugu = delicious” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Asian
Flower Mound, Texas
“Sushi Fugu = delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Great food and great service. The menu has so mancy choices for sushi, appetizers, etc.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Complete Chaos!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

We went on a Friday night to redeem a Groupon we had purchased. Started with the hostess busing tables so she was almost too busy to take names for the waiting list or to seat people. We sat at the bar while we waited for a table. We also had to wait for clean glasses so that we could get a drink. It took about 20 minutes to get the drink! We were finally seated and ordered edamame to start. That took about 30 minutes and came out completely covered up in salt - almost inedible. I also asked for water but was told that again they had no clean glasses and did I mind waiting. I told him a styrofoam cup would suffice as the edamame was so salty I was totally parched. Put our order in for the sushi and waited an hour for it. The sushi was very good and I have to say that our waiter handled the situation with a VERY positive attitude and comped us a few drinks while we waited. We learned that they didn't have bus boys and were down on sushi chef. Just thankful that we had only paid half price for our meal because I would have been extremely disappointed otherwise. Probably would be ok for lunch but don't think I will return there for dinner.

• Visited February 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas
“Worst Service Ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

I honestly can't remember a time when I've had worse service than I had at this restaurant. I always try to give my server the benefit of the doubt, since we all have a bad day once in a while, but the waitress at Sushi Fugu was downright rude. We had to flag her down for every little thing. She didn't bring utensils, napkins or plates for our sushi rolls. We had to ask for ginger and wasabi. She never refilled our drinks. When we thanked her, which we did each and every time she brought the item we asked for, she just rolled her eyes. She didn't even say thanks when she brought the bill. My husband tried calling the manager the next day to try to resolve the situation so we could give Sushi Fugu another try, but the manager never returned his call. We have many sushi restaurants in our area and I absolutely cannot recommend this one.

• Visited December 2011