“Very accommodating motel.” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Americas Best Value Inn to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2145 FM 1488 Rd/Highway 290, Hempstead, TX 77445 (Formerly Best Hempstead Inn)   |
Ranked #1 of 3 hotels in Hempstead
Port A
“Very accommodating motel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

Stayed during week of Oct. 10th. Room was clean and cool A/C. Towels need updating is my only complaint. Staff was great and the rate was good too.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

30 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

The exterior of this hotel gave the impression of a hotel you would want to avoid at all costs. However, once inside I was greeted with a large, clean, and comfy room. After checking in to my room, the manager even stopped by to make sure everything was to my liking.

By no means was this place perfect. It has some image issues. The paint on the inside is being redone but it is splotchy and imrpoperly coated. The door to the restroom did not stay closed all the way (but I was alone in the room so it didnt matter.)

Besides image issues, this place is kind of a diamond in the rough. Great treatment by the hotel staff and a great room for dirt cheap.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Louisianna
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

Our room was quite large with a nice frige & microwave. Very clean with confortable bed &
pillows. The staff was helpful and reccomened restraunts that would give dicounts to there
guest. The mexican restrut we chose was great.
We will try more of Americas Best Value based on our stay here.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2010

Really enjoyed this motel. Clean rooms, very nice and accomodating staff and management.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2010

We were attending a Student Orientation at Prairie View A&M for our daughter.
The hotel was five minutes from the University. The room was more than comfortable and the service was excellent. There is a Sonic, McDonald's, and Denny's all in walking distance from the hotel. It was great.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
houston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2010

This hotel is not very nice at all they have bugs crawling in the beds bugs all over the floor you cant really see them because they blend in with the carpet and bedspread. SO BE CAREFUL IF YOU SLEEP HERE IT IS VERY NASTYY. Yea the rooms are cheap, but who wants to sleep with bugs?? I told some guy name Harry about it and he said he was the owner and couldn''t do anything about it. VERRY RUDE PERSON. I WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN AND I WOULD RECOMMEND FOR NOBODY ELSE TO EITHER.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Kaleish, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, May 19, 2011
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to share your experience at our property. Critical feedback is a great way for us to improve guest satisfaction. We apologize for any negative experiences you had with your guest room. We believe these corrective measures will enhance the overall experience at our hotel. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.
Management
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2009

We were in Hempstead for an early Thanksgiving with friends. They did not have a hotel recommendation, so I picked based on fewest negative comments in the reviews, and it’s location. When we arrived, the desk clerk said he did not have a suite room as I reserved – I did not reserve a suite. We got what we wanted –- a regular king. They have a very loud and irritating chime on the office door, good for them I guess, that seemed to go on forever.

The room was rather stark and had a noticeable unpleasant sweet odor. It was clean however. The only chair was the desk chair. The safety instructions say to double lock the door, but there was no deadbolt mechanism. The TV remote did not work, but was fixed promptly. It was VERY noisy, no room-to-room sound proofing, well into the early morning hours. They advertised high speed internet, but there was no clue in the room and it would have disturbed my wife at the time I wanted to use it to ask for help. Couldn’t get dial-up to work.

We prefer something a little better than this and will have to come up with something different if we come back next year. I had lower expectations based on the price, but I was still disappointed. I kept telling myself that it was okay for one night.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!