“Could be great” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Hamburgers, Seafood, Steakhouse
Harlingen, Texas
“Could be great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Longhorn Steakhouse was a welcome addition to Harlingen's barren non-Mexican food restaurant scene a year ago. When I reviewed the restaurant nine months ago, I gave it an excellent rating. Since then the restaurant has slipped further and further. It is inconsistent. One time the steak is cooked a perfect medium rare; the next time the beef sandwich is burned and dry. One time the salad is fresh and the dressing tasty; the next time the lettuce should have been tossed. One time the drinks taste great and are served in a timely manner; the next time it takes 15 minutes to get a drink and there is no bartender in sight. Friends of ours have notified corporate management of the problems and vowed to boycott Longhorn. My wife and I will keep trying, hoping it improves. Longhorn just stole the best server from the country club, so we will ask for her. Our fingers are crossed!.And why don't they take reservations?

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Stevenson Ranch, California
“Dissappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I had a salad it was not appealing it had too much bacon that taste terrible. i also ordered a shrimp appetizer it was all greasy-my husband had the steak he asked for medium well, it was very raw. We lost our appetites. I will not be going back.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Harlingen, Texas
“Nice for a price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

The New York strip steak I had was very good. I requested it done Medium. Most of it was pink in the center but part was more done than I would have preferred. I would eat here again even though the price is a little high for the Harlingen area.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Burnsville, Minnesota
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

A group of 5 of us thoroughly enjoyed the food and our waitress Jaunita was excellent as well.
Don, Carolyn, Scott from Minnesota

Visited May 2013
Norfolk, Ne
“3 weeks after South Texas Traveller review and SAME EXPERIENCE”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Here at 4:45 -3/4 the place empty and the hostess tells everyone the wait is 10 minutes. Understaffed by management is a bad guest experience. We may try once more before we say Adios Texas longhorn Steakhouse.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere