“Good hamburger and beer joint” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #73 of 153 Restaurants in Harlingen
Cuisines: American
Lansing, Michigan
“Good hamburger and beer joint”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

This is one of those sort of "dive-y" places with good food. The burgers and hot dogs were great. They have a large selection of bottled beer. We had been told that the servings of fries were huge, but they were far from huge. The sweet potato fries were very good. The onion rings were breaded rather than batter dipped so they were only average.

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Owen Sound, Canada
“Good Burgers, not bad service, not cheap......”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

We decided after a game of golf that a good burger was what we wanted for lunch. We heard that the food was good at this place so we decided to give it a try.

I had the Texas BBQ burger with onion rings and Em had the bacon cheeseburger with fries. We had a lonestar beer at $3.00 a piece. The burgers were done to perfection but the serving of fries and onion rings were very tiny.

I think since they charge extra for the fries and onion rings, they should be substantial and not tiny. Fries and rings are cheap to make so don't skimp....

The total cost for lunch was about $24.00 which I find to be a little pricey for what we received. Good thing the burgers were tasty or the review would be lower.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Harlingen, Texas
“Was good”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Took my family there recently always bragged how they have the best burgers in town. Come to find out they are under new management (so I was told), something has changed as it was the absolute worst dinning experience i've ever had in harlingen, texas. The food took over an hour to come out (however, the food for my grandson came out, the other meals 50 minutes later go figure). When the food did come out it was cold to lukewarm, burgers had no taste. My daughter could not eat her burger at all it was awful. Then they tried to charges us the standard gratuity for really bad food and service and they insisted on charging. I refused to pay it but they charged my card that anyhow. There is no law that says I have to pay auto gratuity. I for one will never go back there. If in harlingen find someplace else for a good burger, try The point.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Brownsville, Texas
“Great food, music and atmosphere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

My first time there and it was a good experience. Great food, good music, friendly staff and patrons.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great burgers and fries!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

I ordered the California burger and my sweetie ordered the mushroom Swiss burger.
Tomatoes tasted like home grown. Hand made burgers
Juicy and yummy.
Sweet potato fries were outstanding. Great burger joint with great live music on a Saturday night!

• Visited June 2013