“Super 8 Harker Hts. Critique” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Harker Heights

Super 8 Harker Heights
You added Super 8 Harker Heights to your Saves list
Super 8 Harker Heights
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   540 E Central Texas Expressway, Harker Heights, TX 76548   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Harker Heights
WARRENSBURG
“Super 8 Harker Hts. Critique”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Front desk management efficient, but very terse, no smiles/pleasantries, the cleaning staff/maid service were great, warm, friendly, helpful, pleasant folks, made the stay nicer....overall, was fine..

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
MILWAUKEE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

From the moment i pulled in, i felt comfortable with this hotel. The staff was friendly and the room was clean and comfortable as well. We were there for a weekend visit and this location was not far from all of the places we wanted to go to. If you are looking for a quiet hotel without allow of the hustle and noise, this is your place!

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

My husband and I stayed one night this month while traveling through town. Beforehand I was concerned because of a recent review mentioning bed bugs. I called the hotel and was told that pest treatment happened and no problems had been reported since. We checked our room thoroughly (after looking online about what to look for) and didn't have a problem.

Overall this is nicer and newer than most people expect for this brand. Room was large with nice furnishings (slight wear and tear in places), large flat screen TV, and good bathroom. The highway, restaurants, and shopping are all at the doorstep. We'd stay again.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel twice. And both times i got bitten by bed bugs. I should have know better after the first stay! Will never go back there again! It's a shame because except for the bugs it's not a bad place...

• Stayed August 2012
Fort Myers, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I had a 5-night stay here since it was close to where I would be spending most of my time during my visit. I must say that it was the best decision I could have made. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. The motel is only a couple of years old from what a friend told me and it appears the staff keeps it very well maintained.

My room on the third floor had a king-size bed which was very comfortable. I was here on graduation weekend and this Super 8 was fully booked. You wouldn't have known it however because it was very quiet the entire time I stayed. The cleaning staff did a great job with my room each day and were very detailed in leaving it spotless and well stocked. I did not take advantage of the complimentary breakfast but as I walked out each morning, I'd see the breakfast area full of people looking like they were enjoying it. The selection looked as expected for a complimentary breakfast (cereal, bagels, fruit, etc.)

The only issue I had during my stay was that I wasn't getting any wi-fi signal in my room. When I spoke with the lady at the front desk to tell her about the issue, she explained that some rooms on the third floor were having problems connecting. She offered me an long ethernet cable to hook up, which I had no problem with. I was happy that when presented with an issue, they offered an apology and a quick, simple solution... a sign of good customer service.

The area surrounding the hotel is nice with plenty of restaurants and a shopping center within a couple of minutes. Because there is a highway between the motel and the shopping/dining area, it is a tad inconvenient to have to loop around to get to and fro but again, it's just a couple of minutes of driving to get around. I don't mind this at all and don't see anyone with at least a minimal amount of patience having an issue with it either.

When I am in the area again in the future, I will definitely stay here. They could definitely charge more for the quality they give. Not only does this place a great value, but it is simply a great motel overall disregarding price. I would give it a 5-dot rating but there is a little room for improvement with the wi-fi and very minor inconvenience of having to drive around the highway to get to the shopping/dining area. If you disregard those things though, you should accept this review as a 5-dot one easily. Add me to the list of very satisfied guests who have stayed here. If you're planning to stay in Harker Heights for a few days, I would definitely recommend staying at the Super 8.

Room Tip: If wi-fi is for you, take a room on the first two floors. If you don't mind a wired connection...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights and upon arrival to any hotel I make sure I look for bugs cuz you never know. So I woke up one morning with some bite marks on my forearm but didn't think anything of it cuz the mosquitoes right now are crazy so I let it go. The next morning I woke up and now I have bites on my thigh!!!!! I started searching the bed and found 2 bed bugs!! GROSS! I stay in hotels all the time for work and because of this I will never stay here again! The front desk lady was nice the first night but the lady I dealt with today blew me off like if it was nothing, I will definitely call and complain to Super 8. If you stay here good luck thoroughly check the bed!!!

• Stayed May 2012

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Finger Lakes, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

I really wasn't expecting much, but after reading reviews from other satisfied guests I decided to try the Super 8 in Harker Heights. My daughter is a teacher in the area and I wanted something that was close to her home. Areas around large army bases - in this case, Fort Hood in Killeen - aren't always the nicest.

As a travel agent, it's also my responsibility to my clients to personally know as much as I can about anything travel related, so I was more than pleasantly surprised at the accommodations at the Harker Heights Super 8.

I was warmly greeted by the young lady staffing the desk in the late afternoon of April 25th. She was efficient and knowledgable and gave me all the pertinent information I needed about the property without my having to ask.

The room was very nicely decorated in golds/black/tan, the bathroom sufficient in size (plenty of counter surface) and both the shower walls and counter were done in a beautiful black granite surface.

This is one of the few times I requested no maid service, but if the room itself, upon arrival, was any indication, the service is more than sufficient.

Although breakfast is included, it wasn't as generous as other hotels of its level, but I will admit I got there at 8:45 in the morning - just before it closed. I was able to make a waffles and toast, but I wish the coffee was better. (It wasn't very good in the rooms, either.) The 2nd and 3rd mornings I ate on the road.

Pros:
- clean!
- friendly employees and front desk
- convenient to local area and highway
- large flat screen/coffee/hair dryer
- excellent value for the money
- safe

Cons:
- better coffee and breakfast

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Been to Super 8 Harker Heights? Share your experiences!