“The worst hotel ever!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Chaparral Motel
310 US Highway 77 S, Hallettsville, TX 77964   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Hallettsville
Arlington, Texas
“The worst hotel ever!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

I moved to 2 different rooms due to the rooms smelling like mold and mildew and the bathrooms were not very clean in fact I had housekeeping clean it for a second time which they had a very nasty attitude. The entire staff at that dump was rude and never very friendly at all. I will never ever stay at that place again.

Room Tip: This place is next to some stockyard and all you hear all night long is cows making noise all night...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
San Antonio, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

The room was roomy, nice TV. The bathroom has Lilliputian size fixtures (where did they find such a small toilet and tub). The owner kept trying to enter my room without knocking, then resorted to demanding to know who I was and when I checked in. (This was the guy who took my sign in payment.) When confronted he offered no explanation for this behavior. I itched all night, and have been treated for bedbugs. The coffee maker had no pot, and the styrofoam cups were unwrapped. I would never stay here again even if it were free. This was a pleasure trip for me, but the poor accommodations made the stay less than pleasant.

Room Tip: Try the Best Western across the highway. I have stayed there before and never been uncomfortable.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
San Antonio, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

The hotel is older, and a bit worn, but it is clean, and the rooms are spacious. I left two rings there during one stay, and the honest housekeeping turned them in - very refreshing!

The affordability makes up a lot for the vintage of the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms in the rear of the property are generally more quiet.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Victoria, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2011

I booked 2 motel rooms at about 11:00pm Wednesday evening for a Friday night stay (2 days later) due to a family funeral. Booking the rooms online was very fast & easy.

The rooms were more than adequate for our stay & quite spacious. They were very clean & the beds were comfortable. My husband & I stayed in a room featuring a king sized bed, a cloud-soft lounge chair, a work station desk (with free wi-fi), a dresser. 2 night stands, a mini-fridge, microwave, iron & ironing board, coffee maker, hair dryer and a very new looking flat screen color TV with remote control. My daughter and her family stayed in the second room, which featured 2 double sized beds with similar amenities.

We utilized the mini-fridge with some drinks & snacks that we brought from home. We were pleasantly surprised to find that when using the sink to wash, the hot water became hot very quickly. In our experience, this is not very often the case. The TV had very good picture & sound quality. The bathroom & sink area were well stocked with towels, hand towels, washcloths, facial tissues & toilet tissue.

All the staff that we came in contact with were both friendly & helpful.

Although our reason for the stay was a somber one, we enjoyed our comfortable stay at The Chaparral & would recommend it to anyone staying in Hallettsville.

If the need arises in the future, The Chaparral would be our first choice for accommodations in the area.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Chaparral Motel? Share your experiences!