“Receiptionst was very attentive, curtious, well manored and made sure we had everything we needed. Thanks Michelle..great job!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Texas

and 1 more site!
Save Saved
You added Hotel Texas to your Saves list
Hotel Texas
1632 N. Texana, Hallettsville, TX 77964   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Hallettsville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

Had a event in Schulenburg, Texas wasn't sure about hotels there. Went to Hallettsville and checked out hotel texas...Lets say on both stays and ocassin I DIDN'T have one dislike. The rooms and hotels were very clean. The breakfast was awesome and the gentlemen preparing breakfast was so nice and made sure we didn't need anything. The receiptionst Michelle was awesome..Keep up the good work..pleased...
01/19/13 The Stiles...

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Discovery Bay, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We had an event in Hallettsville and stayed here for a few days. The rooms were clean and the staff were all very friendly. They have fresh baked cookies in the lobby which are delightful, and the breakfast was really good, with a nice selection of items including scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, biscuits and gravy, waffles, yogurt, and a number of breads to toast, including bagels.

So there was something for everyone. The rooms were well insulated, so there wasn't any adjacent room noise. In the back they have picnic tables and such for extended celebrations or groups. They also have a small pool and hot tub.

Just a really nice place to stay and relax.

And if you are so inclined, the Shiner brewery is just down the road!

Room Tip: I think you'll find any room is good as there isn't anything really close that would be dist...
Conroe, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I spent 3 nights at this hotel and it was a wonderful stay. Very clean, nice staff, spacious and great breakfast. Wish more of these were around! I would choose this hotel every time I travel hands down! The smell of fresh baked cookies is something I find in bed & breakfasts quite often, but have never experienced that at a hotel, really loved that.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here while on a trip to run a 5k in town. Greatly surprised by the 4 star accommodations in the middle of nowhere. You don't expect to find such a great place and value in small towns like this.

• Stayed December 2012
Giddings, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Hotel Texas was a great stay. Quite clean, nice staff plus free breakfast ! Smoking section is great set up. I love that touch, Thank you ! We stayied in the Jacuzzi Suite ! oh so nice. You walk in the Res room to the right which is big and roomy ! Then you have a loveseat, chair and sink in the living room area along with coffee pot , microwave and icebox. Around the corner to the right was the bedroom King bed !! A tiny dining table just perfect for two ! And the bedroom had a ceiling fan was was great !! Will be back ...soon !

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Manor, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Instead of roughing it at the nearby "hunting camp", the girls opted for a night at the Hotel Texas instead. Smart choice! The rooms were nice and clean and spacious, but our favorite part was the awesome free breakfast complete with bacon, eggs, sausage, waffles, and hot biscuits and gravy...not to mention the espresso coffee! The only drawback was the fuzzy TV, but that didn't hamper our stay much. I highly recommend this small town Texas hotel.

Room Tip: Opt for a room away from the 2 end patios where people coming and going might keep you awake.
Houston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

My sister is getting married January 12, 2013. I made a reservation for this hotel on-line (webervations) on August 10, 2012. I booked a two night stay for 1 room, and an additional 2 rooms for a one night stay. I got a confirmation email for both. After talking with my family, I realized I needed one more room for Saturday night. So I called the hotel, last night Dec 5th, and was told that they were not accepting reservations for the new year (which is only 3 weeks away). And I was extremely flabbergasted because I had already reserved 3 rooms for the new year back in August. The clerk on the phone was able to confirm that I did have a reservation, but was still unable to add an additional room for me. He took my number and had the manager call me today. Today I spoke with Marilyn, who basically repeated to me what I had been told the night before!! They were not accepting reservations for the new year. Her explanation was because they did not have the new rates yet. And when I asked her when they expect to know when the "new rates" would be available she had no answer for me. She said she would call me when the new rates were ready. So then I called my sister, the bride, and informed her of my issue with booking another room, and advised her to call to confirm her reservation that she had also booked online. She also spoke with Marilyn, who said she would call her back and let her know. My sister did not receive a call back today. When she followed up this evening, she was told by the clerk that answered the phone that she would need to speak with the manager, Marilyn...... So my sister mentioned that she had already spoken with Marilyn earlier that day, and was getting nowhere with her & was there any other manager or the owner who she could speak with? She was told that the owner, Bill Jones, was unavailable and that she would have to address her issues about service with the manager, Marilyn!!!! I can only describe my dealings with this hotel as moronic and extremely baffling!!!! I fail to see how these business practices lead to satisfied customers!! And the REALLY BAD thing about this is, I haven't even gotten the opportunity to stay at this hotel.......

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Texas? Share your experiences!