“Customer service & the desire make money is not a goal for this hotel” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Texas

and 1 more site!
You added Hotel Texas to your Saves list
Hotel Texas
1632 N. Texana, Hallettsville, TX 77964   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Hallettsville
Houston
“Customer service & the desire make money is not a goal for this hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

My sister is getting married January 12, 2013. I made a reservation for this hotel on-line (webervations) on August 10, 2012. I booked a two night stay for 1 room, and an additional 2 rooms for a one night stay. I got a confirmation email for both. After talking with my family, I realized I needed one more room for Saturday night. So I called the hotel, last night Dec 5th, and was told that they were not accepting reservations for the new year (which is only 3 weeks away). And I was extremely flabbergasted because I had already reserved 3 rooms for the new year back in August. The clerk on the phone was able to confirm that I did have a reservation, but was still unable to add an additional room for me. He took my number and had the manager call me today. Today I spoke with Marilyn, who basically repeated to me what I had been told the night before!! They were not accepting reservations for the new year. Her explanation was because they did not have the new rates yet. And when I asked her when they expect to know when the "new rates" would be available she had no answer for me. She said she would call me when the new rates were ready. So then I called my sister, the bride, and informed her of my issue with booking another room, and advised her to call to confirm her reservation that she had also booked online. She also spoke with Marilyn, who said she would call her back and let her know. My sister did not receive a call back today. When she followed up this evening, she was told by the clerk that answered the phone that she would need to speak with the manager, Marilyn...... So my sister mentioned that she had already spoken with Marilyn earlier that day, and was getting nowhere with her & was there any other manager or the owner who she could speak with? She was told that the owner, Bill Jones, was unavailable and that she would have to address her issues about service with the manager, Marilyn!!!! I can only describe my dealings with this hotel as moronic and extremely baffling!!!! I fail to see how these business practices lead to satisfied customers!! And the REALLY BAD thing about this is, I haven't even gotten the opportunity to stay at this hotel.......

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I have been staying/living here during the weekdays because of our work in the area. The rooms are comfortable. The A/C is hit or miss depending on which room you are given. Hotel Texas has become a home away from home for the last 5 months. The rooms are comfortable and the breakfast is pretty good also.
The front desk staff is very accommodating and friendly. Michelle is a sweetheart and always has a friendly smile and warm greeting.
If your are a visitor to Hallettsville during the Christmas season, DO NOT miss a chance to see the historical Courthouse in all it's lighted glory !
Halletsville and Hotel Texas are another one of Texas' beauty spots. Turn on your GPS and tour all the backroads too! Relax and see what it's like away from the big city hustle.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Donna, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Very friendly staff. My wife and I are Winter Texans and we were passing through and stopped at Hotel Texas. Michelle was very welcoming she put us in a downstairs room like we requested because my wife suffered from a stroke and is in a wheelchair. Unfortunately we were unable to use the room because my wife is left handed. We explained the issue to the housekeeper Judy because she was passing by she walked us to the front and recommended another room, where Michelle immediately moved us too. I asked if there were any local places where i could make a hair appointment for my wife, not only did Michelle find one but called and made the appointment for her too. If you truly want Southern Hospitality and a great breakfast Hotel Texas is for you. Thank You Judy and Michelle you truly made us feel welcomed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
College Station, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

Our daughter was recently married and her new in-laws hosted an open house for the new couple in Yoakum, Texas. There are not many places to stay there. The Hotel Texas is just a few minutes down the road and it was a beautiful place to stay. Fairly new, very clean, friendly helpful staff, and a tastey breakfast. We will definitely stay there again when visiting our new family members. If you are there during the Christmas season, take time to visit the beautiful courthouse 2 blocks down the road.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011 via mobile

Clean, smells great, looks great. Beautiful touches of Texas including carpet, wood furniture, wall coverings and many decorations. About $100 beats all others in area. Must stay, if even for a one-night retreat from the weekly craze. Not paid to say, just a great place for a great price and real down-home southern texas folk at the counter. Outdoor pool and hottub too. Saddle-up professional steering-wheel holders. 1267 crude crazy.

• Stayed November 2011
Kansas City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

This is a very clean hotel and perfect for a family. I stayed at this hotel back in April. My credit card was charged for an extra room I did not stay in. After about 6 weeks of going back and forth it is hopefully straightened out through the help of Demarcus. He was a very professional asset to this hotel. During my process of straightening this situation out I talked with front desk help, Kristine. She was the most unprofessional person I have ever spoke with. I am in upper management and I would not have this person on my staff. She was very disrespectful to me on the phone. I know she needs to be sent to MANY customer service workshops or terminate her employment immediately. I could not have her on my staff.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Durham, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

The public areas have a decidedly western decor, very comfortable, and the breakfast buffet is quite adequate, with an attendant on hand to keep things tidy and warm up anything you bring in. Our room was OK, nothing special; the bathroom floor had been badly stained, which made it look dirty. Otherwise, not a bad place to stay. Unfortunately, the desk clerk's suggestion for a place to eat was a real downer. Apparently there aren't many choices in Halletsville.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Texas? Share your experiences!