“Thank You Ladies of Hotel Texas.” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Texas
1632 N. Texana, Hallettsville, TX 77964   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Hallettsville
Donna, Texas
“Thank You Ladies of Hotel Texas.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Very friendly staff. My wife and I are Winter Texans and we were passing through and stopped at Hotel Texas. Michelle was very welcoming she put us in a downstairs room like we requested because my wife suffered from a stroke and is in a wheelchair. Unfortunately we were unable to use the room because my wife is left handed. We explained the issue to the housekeeper Judy because she was passing by she walked us to the front and recommended another room, where Michelle immediately moved us too. I asked if there were any local places where i could make a hair appointment for my wife, not only did Michelle find one but called and made the appointment for her too. If you truly want Southern Hospitality and a great breakfast Hotel Texas is for you. Thank You Judy and Michelle you truly made us feel welcomed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
College Station, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

Our daughter was recently married and her new in-laws hosted an open house for the new couple in Yoakum, Texas. There are not many places to stay there. The Hotel Texas is just a few minutes down the road and it was a beautiful place to stay. Fairly new, very clean, friendly helpful staff, and a tastey breakfast. We will definitely stay there again when visiting our new family members. If you are there during the Christmas season, take time to visit the beautiful courthouse 2 blocks down the road.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011 via mobile

Clean, smells great, looks great. Beautiful touches of Texas including carpet, wood furniture, wall coverings and many decorations. About $100 beats all others in area. Must stay, if even for a one-night retreat from the weekly craze. Not paid to say, just a great place for a great price and real down-home southern texas folk at the counter. Outdoor pool and hottub too. Saddle-up professional steering-wheel holders. 1267 crude crazy.

• Stayed November 2011
Kansas City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

This is a very clean hotel and perfect for a family. I stayed at this hotel back in April. My credit card was charged for an extra room I did not stay in. After about 6 weeks of going back and forth it is hopefully straightened out through the help of Demarcus. He was a very professional asset to this hotel. During my process of straightening this situation out I talked with front desk help, Kristine. She was the most unprofessional person I have ever spoke with. I am in upper management and I would not have this person on my staff. She was very disrespectful to me on the phone. I know she needs to be sent to MANY customer service workshops or terminate her employment immediately. I could not have her on my staff.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Durham, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

The public areas have a decidedly western decor, very comfortable, and the breakfast buffet is quite adequate, with an attendant on hand to keep things tidy and warm up anything you bring in. Our room was OK, nothing special; the bathroom floor had been badly stained, which made it look dirty. Otherwise, not a bad place to stay. Unfortunately, the desk clerk's suggestion for a place to eat was a real downer. Apparently there aren't many choices in Halletsville.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

Hallettsville is a beautiful, rural community in a wonderful part of Texas. To find a hotel in a town of only two and half thousand residents is somewhat impressive, but to find a hotel this size, this new, and this nice is a wonderful discovery indeed! Now, I can't argue hotel vs. motel, but I can say this establishment has an interior corridor which I prefer from a safety stand point. We waited a few minutes checking in for the desk person to help another guest try to remove a butter stain from her dress. My first reaction was impatience, but then I realized that I was number 2 in line for great service as she attended to the other guest's catastrophe to completion before moving on the next item of business. Perhaps that's a regional thing, but I found it endearing rather than annoying. The room was well kept and comfortable with a great bed, a cushy armchair and a 32" TV. The staff was pleasant and appeared to be local residents. Breakfast was busy, but a nice plus. There was a good variety of breakfast items and it was completely free. As far as critters go, we didn't see any crickets, however, far from the hotel at the function we attended they seemed to have a surplus of copperhead snakes, so if I have to endure critters, I'd trade crickets for snakes any day.
The only criticism we have is that smoking is still a "norm" in this part of the world, and we could smell cigarette smoke in our room from the outdoor designated smoking area on the second floor. Front desk staff explained the smell, but can't do anything about it.
BTW: We are from Texas. Believe me/us-you don't see many hotel/motels of this quality in a town this size. Plus, it isn't a generic national chain. If you REQUIRE fancy, Austin or Houston are only an hour and half away.

Room Tip: It is a no smoking hotel, with lots of smoking travelers, so request a room away upstairs designated...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

We stayed at Hotel Texas the night of April 16, 2011 while attending the Fiddler's Froliics. The hotel was conveniently located and we arrived before noon. The desk clerk was pleasant and since the room was ready, we were allowed to check in when we arrived. We found our king bed room as well as the bathroom clean and well appointed with nice Texas decor. The room had a small microwave and a refrigerator, full length mirror,large closet, and iron/ironing board. We especially liked the hot cooked breakfast and fresh coffee served in the nice breakfast area, the wrap-around porch with rocking chairs, and the swing where we enjoyed another after- breakfast cup of coffee the next morning. The hotel was quiet, very pleasant and we will return when in Hallettsville.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Texas? Share your experiences!