“Excellent for the reasonable price!” 5 of 5 stars

Super 8 Motel Greenville
5010 Highway 69 South, Greenville, TX 75402   |
Ranked #5 of 12 hotels in Greenville
Estes Park, Colorado
“Excellent for the reasonable price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

We were passing through on our way to Diana TX in the wee hours of the morning.We were greeted by the manager, Kevin. He was very friendly, helpful, and was A+ in customer service. Kudos, Kevin! The room far exceeded our expectations. The room was very large even with 2 queen beds. Plenty of amenities. The bathroom was very large which we weren't expecting and we like. Beds very comfortable. Even though it was a smoking room, it smelled very clean and refreshing! The room was very clean, thank you cleaning staff! Parking was easy and just outside the door on ground level which made it so much more convenient. I work in the lodging industry so I am definitely recommending this motel to our guests who may be traveling through Greenville TX.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Kevin P, Desk clerk at Super 8 Motel Greenville, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
What an awesome review, thank you so much. We appreciate when our guest feel as you did about our rooms and their stay with us. We work very hard to ensure that a stay with us is a great experience and look forward to your next visit.

40 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Biloxi, Mississippi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

I regularly road trip across the country for work, and I've never seen such a blatant disrespect for customer service. This is the most expensive Super 8 I've ever stayed in - $90 a night. I was lied to by a clerk who claimed there was no AAA discount when I checked in, but I was unfamiliar with the area and just wanted to go to bed. My suggestion: stay ANYWHERE ELSE no matter how sleep deprived you are. A woman was staying there with her pit bull (I know it was a bully because the clerk told me) that wouldn't stop barking. A family beat me to complaining about this, but rather than contacting the woman and her dog, the clerk moved the family (and their screaming children) to the room adjacent to mine. She also made it a point to complain to me about how inconsiderate that woman was and give me personal details about the woman.

In the morning, I was greeted by a breakfast lacking any proteins, fruits, or vegetables and a new desk clerk. When I checked out, I asked her why I didn't get my AAA discount, and she assured me it was a mistake after confirming that I overpaid. She also said the night clerk had already run my credit card, so she would have to talk to her manager about fixing it. She took my email address and said either a refund or a 50% off one night's stay in a Super 8 would be possible.

After about a week of not hearing from the manager, I contacted Super 8 Customer Care through their national website. About a week after that, this Super 8's manager, Kevin, responded with an email (from a yahoo account) claiming that I lied about them overcharging me but offering a 20% discount to this Super 8 only. Seeing as I have no immediate need to return to Greenville and have no intention of staying here if I do return, I requested a refund ONLY for the amount of the discount I was supposed to receive - $10. He responded with an email claiming I was never over-charged in the first place and telling me that I should stop complaining about getting a good night's sleep in a clean hotel. I did not enjoy my stay, nor was it that clean. It was by no means filthy, but the shower did have mold on the washcloth bar among other discolorations. Kevin also insisted I did get my discount (my bank statement says otherwise) and that if it was this bad, I should have complained during my stay. I thought that's what I was doing, but apparently the manager is always right at the Super 8.

Room Tip: Walk across the parking lot to the Economy Inn
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

The room was fine. Breakfast meager and uninteresting. TV selection is adequate. But the real attraction in Kevin the manager. His temper-tantrum display was a marvel to behold. You go Kevin. No I mean it. GO!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Mountain Home, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

We were very pleased with our large, comfortable, very clean room. The ceiling fan was a bonus and the fridge and microwave were handy. The staff was very friendly and helpful and suggested a great Mexican restaurant across the highway. Breakfast was minimal but plentiful and eating area was very clean. If you join (for free) Wyndham Rewards and book online you will save $'s on the room rates plus accumulate points toward a free nights stay. We will stay here again and will recommend it.

Room Tip: book online
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
austin, tx
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2010

No offense to the ppl in the last review, but if this is one of the nicest hotels you've stayed in touring the US, you must be on a very small budget. We had to go to a funeral in the area early in the morning and only stayed one night. For a Super 8, it's old (and one of those w/ the doors on the outside). Walls are thin, beds so so. Breakfast is the typical high-fructose laden wafflles, cereal, juice. Nothing special And for Greenville, I'm not sure how they get away w/ charging $80 a night. They did honor my AAA rate, but I have stayed in much better hotels for and $80 rate. (looks like the entire area has high rates for some reason). Oh well. if you just need a place to crash, I guess it's alright. The people were nice (excpet when we checked in, the lady at the front desk would not tell me what the walk in rate was since i had booked on the internet- whatever, as my AAA rate was cheaper, but just odd that she wouldn't answer my question) Place smells and looks old.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2010

Clean & well lit room; nice couch/sitting area in the room; comfortable bed; fridge & microwave; nice lobby & very friendly people.

Continental breakfast left a little to be desired; only two small round tables & not much selection. But at least there was a free breakfast.

Price was very good - some kind of discount going on so our room was $69. I asked about senior price & she said since I asked she'd give me that also, so got our room for $64 before taxes.

Location was a little hard to find, our GPS didn't want to take us there. It's right off the interstate, but quit a ways down the access road.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Stephens City, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2009

This property in Greenville, Texas was terrific. The hotel room was one of THE nicest ones we've stayed in and we travel all over the United States. The room was spacious, clean, very nicely decorated, complete with decorative trim, fresh paint, a ceiling fan, pretty lamps, microwave, fridge, hair dryer, coffee maker, etc.
The customer service was the best as well. The manager (Kevin) was very friendly, most accomodating and it was obvious that he cares about his property and the guests that he attracts.

• Liked — Clean room and nicely decorated - very spacious - friendly staff
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Super 8 Motel Greenville? Share your experiences!