“Average food, with above average service” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #63 of 189 Restaurants in Grapevine
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Gardner, KS
“Average food, with above average service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Overall the food was average, we had prime rib.

We did enjoy the unique to us menu items. We tried and like the fried pickles.

Service was great.

Houston, Texas
“Something different than the normal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

A pretty standard steak house by all means except they have a lot of wild game choices on the menu. Which I enjoy as a change from what you find every where else.

The place was crowded but that may just have been because of the time of year.

Service could have been better but with large parties it can always be hit or miss anywhere.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Flower Mound, Texas
“Great Food, Great Fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Love coming to this place. Lots of good opens for food. Great service and they usually have a good red dirt concert going on at night

Visited October 2012
Uniontown, Ohio
“Not A Standout In The Crowd”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

If there is one thing Texas has a lot of, it's steakhouses! And if you're going to open one, you really need to differentiate yourself from the others in someway. However, I found Love & War was just one of the crowd. While they don't do anything bad, they just don't do anything noteworthy. The menu variety was very good - even offering German fare. The service was very good. The atmosphere was typical late 19th century stucco, brick and timber frame decor - which I find fitting as well as enjoyable in a steakhouse. My steak had a unique proprietary seasoning to it that I found different but not necessarily preferable. I found the menu a little pricey but not out of line with other steakhouses in the Dallas area. If you go you won't be disappointed but you may not be overly impressed either.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Freeport, Illinois
“Buffalo Steak Fajita”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Great spot to sit back and unwind. My food was great. I am here late Monday night and the servers were on fire. I was left wanting nothing. The fried onions were perfect on my fajita. The salsa was medium hot for me and just right. I normally order a diet coke with lime and/or lemon and even thou there were serveral waiters going by they all got my drink right with me only ordering once. I was impressed. I have never had buffalo before and always wanted to try it. It was so good.

• Visited October 2012