“Stop hating on Great Wolfe” 5 of 5 stars

Great Wolf Lodge
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   100 Great Wolf Drive, Grapevine, TX 76051   |
Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Grapevine
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Stop hating on Great Wolfe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Great Wolfe is a great place to stay!!! Fun for all....my kids will remember this forever!!! Be prepared to pay for what you get.....stick to the waterpark and quest and give kids a budget for the day, which you can place on their wristband....I paid for dinner for all, which is about 60 bucks for a family of 4!! Clean hotel, friendly staff, love....love....love!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (338)
Midland, Tx
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I take my kids here every year for their Birthday. The ages are 10 and 12. They have a blast every time. If you go have plenty of money because the magi quest is worth every penny but can be costly. Try to eat off the resort the food is decent but cost quite a bit. Make sure you bring plenty of bottled water and snacks. The rooms are clean and I was happy with the beds.

• Stayed February 2013
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

This is now our 4th visit as a family, and it was still a hit. Our kids are ages 9-12, so they were old enough to enjoy all of the water park features and other attractions, but not too old to be "above it all." We went in January, so only the indoor part was open, but it was not overly crowded. My only complaint on the water park is that the chlorine levels are too high - we all had really red and burning eyes.

The rooms are pretty spacious, but the beds and furnishings are more fun and not so much comfortable. We almost always get the KidzCabin, and I'm pretty sure they used to have king beds, but this time it was definitely only a Queen. The fridge and microwave are very handy - bring your own snacks. As mentioned, everything is pretty pricey - we usually eat at the breakfast buffet because it's good and has a lot of variety, but we go off property for everything else. It has a very Disney-like quality, but cheaper and closer (for us). I wouldn't go every year, but we will probably make at least one more visit before the kids outgrow it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Tyler, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

1. Rooms are large and spaciousl.
2. Rooms are quiet, especially for a place that caters to kids.
3. You're essentially at a themepark, so nothing is cheap.
4. Waterpark isn't as big as I expected, but wasn't crowded due to us going on a Monday and Tuesday.
5. Wouldn't want to stay there when it is busy as I could see long waits easily appearing.
6. Kids had a blast.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
West Texas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Our first trip to GWL in Grapevine was disappointing but we gave it another try and are glad we did. They now have valet(around $20 per day) which made it easier to come and go this trip. My only complaint is if you stand out of the way, they give priority to the person standing right there even if you were first.

The buffet is good with made to order omelets and fajitas. They have dropped the prices on the food for kids. I personally like Camp Critter best, the restaurant above the buffet, especially the Character Breakfast. We had fun with Robofusion creating a soft serve icecream treat, but $5 is too much.

It was totally sold out during Spring Break week yet service was tops nearly every time. I did have trouble getting a bellman to come so I finally asked two other employees for help and the second one helped me find a luggage cart and carry it to the valet station.

I appreciate they added lifts by most pools for the disabled. This place is better than most for wheelchair users though it is obviously wet in the waterpark so you want to cover your controls.

Lazer Frenzy ($3 for up to two minutes) is so fun we did it 9 times. The motion movie ride is fun too, but expensive at $8 per person, per ride.

If money was tight I would not be going to GWL or anyplace else. If your budget includes a weekend or a vacation away, I would consider it an excellent choice. We ALWAYS have fun.

The massage and pedicure were the best I have had and much cheaper than when we travel.

Room Tip: Don't get the 6th floor, especially near the elevators because the Magic Quest game will bring k...
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The place was good for the winter time but I really wouldn't waste my time going in the summer when there are other water parks you could visit. By the way don't get the pizza, it really sucks, seriously. If went thru Spirit Incentive and paid $100 for 2 nights, but if I would have paid full price I really would have been disappointed.

• Stayed January 2013
oklahoma city
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Our family (myself, wife and son - 7 years) recently visited the Great Wolf Lodge in Grapevine, TX. We had received a gift certificate over a year ago and looked forward to going, it was just a matter of finding the time. With excitement we arrived early on a Saturday afternoon and were thrilled with what looked to be a fun-filled adventure. We did get to check into our room early which was nice and it allowed us to get settled before heading down to the water park. The water park was fantastic and all of the employees were great. We had a regular deluxe room which was fine. My issue or more of a disappointment came with all of the add ons. With the price of a room, I would like to have seen more of the extras included in the price. The food was also a bit overpriced for the breakfast and snacks. We ended up leaving the property for dinner and went down the street for better food and prices. However, side note, smoking is allowed in the restaurants in Grapevine (boo to the citizens of Grapevine that continue to vote smoking in) Our son wanted to do the arcade and magic wand throughout the property, but we weren't going to be there long enough to enjoy the add ons for the price. All in all it was a fun short weekend, but the expense was a bit of a turnoff. Highlight was the water park as it should be, but beware. It's kinda like going on a cruise and paying for a nice room and everything only to learn the last night that you are expected to tip for everyone on board. Which is fine, just no one told you that before you went. Same here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the main elevators. Otherwise you will be a county mile from the main attra...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grapevine
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas - DFW Airport North Outdoor World
Hampton Inn and Suites Dallas - DFW Airport North / Grapevine
Courtyard Dallas DFW Airport North/Grapevine
SpringHill Suites Dallas DFW Airport North/Grapevine
Super 8 Grapevine/DFW Airport Northwest
Hilton DFW Lakes Executive Conference Center

Been to Great Wolf Lodge? Share your experiences!