“Expensive, but worth it” 5 of 5 stars

(817) 778-2215
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Old Hickory is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 189 Restaurants in Grapevine
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Doing business, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
dallas TX
“Expensive, but worth it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2009

Old Hickory is a great steak house. The first time I went, I had the rack of lamb and it was amazingly cooked to perfection and had all the right flavors. The filet is also wonderful. Now, don't get me wrong, it is painfully expensive, but if you are staying at the resort, why not? It is THE place for special occasions and the waitstaff is definitly all yours.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Miami Beach, Florida
“Ordinary and Overpriced”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2008

Grossly overpriced ordinary/marginal food. The fried sides were greasy, the potato was just barely warm, and you can get a MUCH better steak in the Dallas Fort Worth area for about half the price here. Service is just okay...nothing special. This restaurant takes unfair advantage of the conventioneers stranded at the GAYLORD TEXAN hotel, since there is NOTHING in the immediate area to compete with it. I would not return under any circumstances, even if someone else was paying...

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Really good fish with a...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2008

Really good fish with a great presentation, excellent service, yum!

Cerrillos, New Mexico
“Pretty Good Steaks, Nice Atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2008

I stayed at the Gaylord Conference Center recently and ate at Old Hickory with some friends. It was touted by the waiter as the very best steak house in the Dallas area, but I somehow doubt that's true. It might be the most expensive, but the best, no. The atmosphere was very pleasant and the service was great. The steaks were well flavored, and I opted for the 1855 reserve ribeye, which had a very nice flavor and was cooked as I ordered. The waiter made us all cut into our steaks when they first arrived to make sure they were cooked to the right temperature. Honestly, I thought that was a little tacky. My biggest complaint is that the plates were not even warm, which is something that a customer should never have to request from a place as expensive as this one. They had a cheese cart running around for our appetizers, which is definitely an American thing, since Europeans would be offended by being offered cheese before dinner. We had some crab cakes for appetizers instead, which were well cooked but overly spicy with some kind of mustard sauce, which really overwhelmed the flavor of the crab. I thought the side dishes of potatoes and asparagus were simple, well cooked, and good. Be prepared for the prices, since a steak will cost you between 30 to 40 dollars, and one in our party had a 70 dollar steak, which I don't think was quite worth the price. Would I eat there again? Probably not for a long time to come, and would prefer to keep looking for the best steak place in Dallas.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I had the best steak of...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2007

I had the best steak of my life (up to that point - 22 years old), when my wife and I ate there while staying at the Gaylord Texan for our first wedding anniversary. Old Hickory is a must-try while in the Grapevine area of the Metroplex. Excellent service as well.