“Excellent meal but service was sloooow” 4 of 5 stars

(817) 778-2215
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Old Hickory is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 210 Restaurants in Grapevine
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Jane Lew, West Virginia
“Excellent meal but service was sloooow”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We started with lobster bisque. It was wonderful. Then I had scallops and she had a New York strip. Both were perfect! The mushrooms rounded out a perfect meal. All of this great food took nearly 2 1/2 hours. Much too slow. It took an hour for the waiter to finally take our order. It's a shame a perfect meal had to be marred by poor service.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Amazing Birthday Dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We decided to do a family weekend at the Gaylord Texan to celebrate our youngest son's 3rd Birthday. I booked this meal about a month in advance so that we didn't have to worry about being seated when we arrived. When you walk in, you go down a beautiful winding staircase to the restaurant below. When I called ahead, I made sure to mention that we would be eating with to young children- 3 and 6. Our children are fairly, well-behaved and have eaten at several nice places, but I wanted to make sure that children were not a problem. At first we were worried because the restaurant itself is lovely, dark, and quiet. But several other children came in to dine as well (this is a hotel, after all). Our server, Binh, was AMAZING! He was so kind, happy, and helpful. The kids meals were brought out promptly, which is always a nice bonus. My husband and I started off with a cocktail, then moved on to the extensive wine list. Since we were eating totally different things, we went with "by the glass" and were not disappointed with the selection. The boys both had the kids shrimp cocktail and green beans. Huge hit. My husband and I both started off with the Lone Star Salad- pears, candied pecans... so delicious! My entree was the swordfish special- awesome- and my husband went with the filet (oscar style). He swears it is one of the best steaks he has ever had- and that is saying a lot! Lastly, they brought my son a Happy Birthday dessert along with a candle to blow out. The cake was an amazing chocolate cake. Moist and super yummy! We had such a great experience. We will definitely be back!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Austin, Texas
“Private dining in the wine room was amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

From start to finish this meal was amazing. We are all steak lovers and not a single person left the table unhappy. Our daughters each ordered cheeseburgers and I have to say, it was one of the best burgers I have ever eaten. A little pricey but the food and service was spot on

Visited August 2013
Coppell, Texas
“Best Steak”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We had a great steak and excellent service even though we were not allowed to bring our anniversary wine in with us.

Visited June 2013
Cascade, Montana
“Far exceeded expectations!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

WOW! Incredible sashimi tuna, amazing lamb chops, and the finest creme brulee I've ever had. Nice atmosphere, excellent service, fine tablecloths: excellent steaks (although the ribeye was a little tough) but the taste was outstanding. All-in-all a big surprise to eat at such a fine place.

• Visited July 2013