“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Grapevine
Dallas, Texas
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2010

I always have a great stay at the Residence Inn. This particular one has King suites with a queen sofa bed. The rooms are modern but noy flat screen TV. My son is autistic and is very picky about where we stay. He loved the room and had no problem sleeping on the sofa sleeper. This means the hotel passed the clean test.
The front desk employees were friendly and efficient. We used the shuttle for transportation to and from the cheer competition we were participating in. That worked out perfectly for us on Saturday but not so well on Sunday. The shuttle only runs every 30 minutes on Sunday and my husband and son missed the competition on that day.
The breakfast was great. They had real sausage and not that microwave junk. There was whip cream and chocolate chips for the Texas waffles. My children loved those extra toppings.
The Internet and parking was free. This is very important to a family that travels with 5 laptops.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

This hotel was the most unprofessional, rudest staff I have ever met! I travel alot and I am a Marriott rewards card holder, but now am thinking I will be switching to Hilton Honors after this horrific stay. This hotel is very plain and the pics on the website are nothing like it looks like in person. The shuttle driver was incredably rude, and the General Manager charged my credit card that was on file $740.00!!!! My rate was suppossed to be $72.00 plus tax! This is illegle and fraud just in case you do not know! No one should ever pay more than $70.00 to stay at this property. IT is a rip off, and nothing more then a over priced Motel 6. They advertise the restraunt to open daily, it wasn't , tried to call front desk serveral times with no answer, and the room smelled like dog pee when we arrived.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Houston, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

My husband and I stayed here for 2 reasons: I had a training seminar at the hotel and it was Grapefest in Grapevine! We drove up from Houston, the desk clerk greeted us promptly and within 10 minutes we were in our room. We stayed two nights and enjoyed two lovely, complimentary breakfasts each morning. While at my seminar, my husband walked across the parking lot to a huge Bass Pro Shop and later that night we crossed the street and went to Grapevine Mills mall and saw a movie at the theater. Our room was clean & quiet with wonderful room darkening drapes. I would certainly stay here again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Oklahoma City, OK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

I booked this hotel cause i had gotten a ebreak email from marriott. under 100 a night and everything else round the grapevine mills mall was up in the 130's. I chose to stay here based of how close it is to everything! we could walk to the mall, bass pro or walk to alot of places to eat. I will say not the best bed ive ever sleep on, marriotts is better. and they could inprove the breakfast buffett to offer more. but the pool was great, not alot of kids really and quiet inside the room for being right off the hwy. I would stay again for sure.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Albuquerque, NM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2010

My husband and I, along with two 7 year old twins, stayed overnight here on a trip to visit family in Muenster, Texas. We arrived late on a Thursday evening, and were happy to find a What-a-Burger still open right next door. Our room was clean, spacious, and looked very inviting with new looking furniture and stainless appliances in the kitchen. The bed was very comfortable. The next day our family picked us up. When we left Texas, the following Tuesday, we were unaware how awful the traffic is from Muenster to the DFW airport. I called the hotel and Caroline, the front desk manager graciously allowed us to use the hotel van to go to the airport, so our relatives could drop us off at the hotel and return to Muenster therby avoiding the worst of the traffic. We have decided that we will always stay here at the beginning and the end of any trip we make to the area. The staff is wonderful and the property exceeded our expectations.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
dallas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2010

I stayed at this Marriott on my way home from my wedding. I realized on the day that I checked out, that I had left my video camera on the bedside table. I immediately called the hotel to ask them if they could go to the room and retrieve my camera for me. The guy on the phone told me he would go see if it was there. I explained to him that I wasn't asking to see if I had left it in the room, and if he could check...I told him I know I left it there. He told me he would call me back in about an hour. I ended up calling him about three hours later with a response of "I will need to check with housekeeping to see if anything was turned in. He told me the next day that housekeeping didn't turn in anything. My questions is, where did it go? I left it right there! If housekeeping didn't find it, who did?
Four calls and three months later. I finally called back one final time to check on the status. Caroline, the front desk manager, rudely interrupted me as I was trying to explain the situation, flat out lied to my face, telling me that they always call back on these situations. If that was true, I would be calling them three months later to check on the situation that still didn't have a resolution.
Long story short, I left me camera with my wedding video on it, and called about it. The answer I got was "we are not responsible for items left in the room". I guess they're not responsible for returning phone calls or being rude to a paying customers either.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Norman, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2009

I have stayed here with my family twice in the past four weeks. This is a new property with very nice and relatively large rooms with full sized refrigerators as well as a cooktop and microwave. Rooms are well insulated and quiet. Pool area is outdoors and very nice. Included breakfast is standard fare ... good but not great. Apparently they have a reception on Thursday nights with free food and drink. Unfortunately we had other plans so didn't stick around. Unfortunately, between our first and second visit the roof seam was torn by a storm and water leaked in most of the rooms from the 5th floor on up. They were working hard to get everything cleaned up. We hardly noticed the workers and I'm confident it will be fully opened and as good as ever soon. I highly recommend this place. Walking distance to Grapevine Mills Mall, Bass Pro Shop and Whataburger!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn DFW Airport North/Grapevine? Share your experiences!