“Great value. Great for business and pleasure” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Grapevine
Summit, NJ
“Great value. Great for business and pleasure”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

My wife and I stayed here while I was in Dallas for business. So we combined a business's trip with a personal trip. We really enjoyed this hotel. Our suite was perfect. We liked the having the on site Resturaunt but only used it for drinks and appetizers (which were great).

The staff was friendly and attentive to our needs. There was an fortune 100 executive convention nearby so there were many executives milling about and everyone got the VIP treatment

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
ClementeEspinosa, Manager at Residence Inn DFW Airport North/Grapevine, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you very much for the kind words about your stay at our hotel, And yes our goal is that everyone gets the star treatment when you are at The Residence Inn Grapevine, We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will look us up in the future when your travels bring you to our area, We will be sure to share your comments with our staff!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

We chose this hotel mainly because the room rate was lower than similar hotels. It was not five stars across the board but it was clean, comfortable, reasonable priced and the staff was both friendly and professional. The breakfast was included and absolutely wonderful. Our room had a full size kitchen (for a hotel), full size refrigerator with ice maker, microwave, dishes and dishwasher. We reserved on-line and everything was as expected except our room did have two flat screen televisions (the outdated picture online shows a older tube style TV. Great stay. I have yet to be disappointed by Residence Inn! Thank you.

• Stayed September 2013
ClementeEspinosa, Manager at Residence Inn DFW Airport North/Grapevine, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you for the kind words about your stay with us, We are very competetive in our pricing structure to ensure you get your money's worth from the hotel and its staff, We are also 1 of only about 3 other Residence Inns in the nation that are full service, Yes we have a restaurant , Bar and room service available, The Library Bar and Grill also does an enormouse amount of off premise catering if the need ever arises, Thank you again for your review!
Haltom City, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

This hotel is beautiful! It's in a great location with many things to do and places to eat all around it! The hotel itself is very clean, open, and bright! We spent one day and one night over Labor Day weekend and had two rooms. The check-in experience was AWKWARD! We have a "Elite" status and the desk personnel insisted on asking us detailed questions about who and why we were there. Even when we handed them our Marriot credit card, they questioned us if that's the card we were going to use. For such a beautiful hotel, the staff could use some training in customer excellence!!! It would have been a better experience, but for the desk staff.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
ClementeEspinosa, Manager at Residence Inn DFW Airport North/Grapevine, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
We do apoligize that you felt awkward with the question asked, The first question why are you here is for sales and marketing information that we gather just to see who our customers are and how we may better serve you, The second question in regards to the credit card is so that if you used say a debit card to reserve your room and you do not want that to have a hold on your bank account we need to make the change in our system, Once again we need to make the questions sound as warm and hospitable as the rest of your conversation at check-in, I will review these procedures asap to our front of the house team to assure we are not being overly intrusive,Thank you for your time in writing the review as you can see we really do care about your thoughts, Feel free to call on me personnally if your travels bring you to our area, Sincerely
Colleyville, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Our family rescued an 80 lbs Labrador Retriever in Jan. This would be our first "road trip" with him and we needed a pet friendly hotel. My husband found this hotel by calling Marriott directly.

It was a perfect match for our needs. Also only 1 of 3 Residence Inn's in the country who offer a full restaurant/bar.

Excellent location. Outlet Mall across the street. Bass Pro Shop next door. Multiple restaurants
within walking distance.

We found the staff friendly and helpful. We stayed in a suite and had all the room we needed. The breakfast fare was excellent. Staffers in the breakfast area on hand to continue the service without interruption. We will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
ClementeEspinosa, Manager at Residence Inn DFW Airport North/Grapevine, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
WOW, Thats fantastic, We are a rescue family ourselves, Having rescued all of our last 5 doggies, Belgian Malinois, Golden (mix) Retriever, Shitzu, and a Yorkie Poo, Most recently a 72 pound jet black labradore thats a leader dog for the blind (my wifes), Pretty much all of our team here at the Residence Inn Grapevine are pet lovers and you are correct we enjoy all of our four legged friends and will ensure that their stay is as comfortable as yours, Always stop by the front desk before or after a walk and get them a treat, They are always on hand, And Thank you for your favorable review of our home!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are smaller than they appear, with two kids we had to ask for towels and shampoo every single day, and some times had to call twice to remind them. Breakfast is really poor and the attendant will "close", before closure. The hotel is clean and probably well located if you are not going to downtown Dallas. Just in front of Grapevine Mills, which is a good outlet, better than Allen. I could have chosen another hotel.

• Stayed August 2013
ClementeEspinosa, Manager at Residence Inn DFW Airport North/Grapevine, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
We do apoligize for the inconvienience you experienced at our hotel, I will be adressing our front desk team to see who dropped the ball in your case as well as reviewing the hours of operation with the breakfast team to ensure that we stick by our opening and closing times, We thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay as total guest satisfaction is our ultimate goal. Please feel free to call on me if you are ever in the area we would really like to show how we normally do business.
Indianapolis, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Pros: Quiet, good location

Cons: Customer Service, room size

Probably one of the worst Residence Inns I have stayed (amongst 100s). When I walked in to check in, the front desk gal was stuffing cookies (from the cookie plate for guests) into her mouth. When she was able to talk she said hello while wiping crumbs off the counter. She checked me in and made no mention of my Marriott Rewards status. I asked her about it just to make sure I would get my points and to see if I was offered a complimentary upgraded room for being Gold. She had to look it up and finally said "it's in there". I asked if my room was upgraded, she said she had no idea, that it was all in the computer already. I then asked if there would be a manager's reception in the evening. Again she had no idea what that even was. Luckily the manager was walking by and jumped in. He said they only have the reception two days a week since this is one of two Residence Inns in the country with a restaurant and that the restaurant wouldn't make any money if they did manager's receptions every night (like all other Residence Inns). At least he was direct.

I went up to my room. The room is very small if you are used to other Residence Inns. There was a used, open bottle of water in the freezer I am guessing came from the previous guest. The stay was fine. It was quiet despite the proximity to the freeway. Note that using your GPS on the address listed will get you lost. If you call the hotel, they will give you a different address to use or you can just use the Bass Pro Shop in Grapevine since it is right next door.

On the final morning of my stay, I went down for coffee. I asked the same young lady who checked me in if there were any newspapers. She said she just took the last one. Later when leaving the hotel, she was nice enough to holler at me walking out the door and let me know she was now finished with the newspaper and that I could have it if I wanted it.

The only other notable memory was that I had to call the front desk to get our garbage can under the sink emptied. It was overflowing but housekeeping somehow missed it when servicing the room.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
ClementeEspinosa, Manager at Residence Inn DFW Airport North/Grapevine, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, Believe me that we will be reviewing service standards and training to resolve the issues that you encountered, This is obviously not what we would like our service to be a part of, Thanks again for your feedback.
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful hotel. Spacious Quiet rooms, flat screen TV, Well stocked kitchen, real full size coffee maker, real kitchen, and an awesome well stocked breakfast room with sausage and eggs and a waffle maker and lots more.
Good hotel transportation too. And a Bass Pro shop and Fuddruckers in the parking lot.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the kind words about our property, Yes we are very centrally located to all of the attractions that Grapevine has to offer, Our breakfast is rated very high by our guest consistently through our guest satisfaction scores, Once again thank you and look us up in the future when you travels bring you to the area.

Been to Residence Inn DFW Airport North/Grapevine? Share your experiences!