“Great stay, not-so-friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Grapevine
Haltom City, Texas, United States
“Great stay, not-so-friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

This hotel is beautiful! It's in a great location with many things to do and places to eat all around it! The hotel itself is very clean, open, and bright! We spent one day and one night over Labor Day weekend and had two rooms. The check-in experience was AWKWARD! We have a "Elite" status and the desk personnel insisted on asking us detailed questions about who and why we were there. Even when we handed them our Marriot credit card, they questioned us if that's the card we were going to use. For such a beautiful hotel, the staff could use some training in customer excellence!!! It would have been a better experience, but for the desk staff.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
ClementeEspinosa, Manager at Residence Inn DFW Airport North/Grapevine, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
We do apoligize that you felt awkward with the question asked, The first question why are you here is for sales and marketing information that we gather just to see who our customers are and how we may better serve you, The second question in regards to the credit card is so that if you used say a debit card to reserve your room and you do not want that to have a hold on your bank account we need to make the change in our system, Once again we need to make the questions sound as warm and hospitable as the rest of your conversation at check-in, I will review these procedures asap to our front of the house team to assure we are not being overly intrusive,Thank you for your time in writing the review as you can see we really do care about your thoughts, Feel free to call on me personnally if your travels bring you to our area, Sincerely

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Colleyville, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Our family rescued an 80 lbs Labrador Retriever in Jan. This would be our first "road trip" with him and we needed a pet friendly hotel. My husband found this hotel by calling Marriott directly.

It was a perfect match for our needs. Also only 1 of 3 Residence Inn's in the country who offer a full restaurant/bar.

Excellent location. Outlet Mall across the street. Bass Pro Shop next door. Multiple restaurants
within walking distance.

We found the staff friendly and helpful. We stayed in a suite and had all the room we needed. The breakfast fare was excellent. Staffers in the breakfast area on hand to continue the service without interruption. We will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
ClementeEspinosa, Manager at Residence Inn DFW Airport North/Grapevine, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
WOW, Thats fantastic, We are a rescue family ourselves, Having rescued all of our last 5 doggies, Belgian Malinois, Golden (mix) Retriever, Shitzu, and a Yorkie Poo, Most recently a 72 pound jet black labradore thats a leader dog for the blind (my wifes), Pretty much all of our team here at the Residence Inn Grapevine are pet lovers and you are correct we enjoy all of our four legged friends and will ensure that their stay is as comfortable as yours, Always stop by the front desk before or after a walk and get them a treat, They are always on hand, And Thank you for your favorable review of our home!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are smaller than they appear, with two kids we had to ask for towels and shampoo every single day, and some times had to call twice to remind them. Breakfast is really poor and the attendant will "close", before closure. The hotel is clean and probably well located if you are not going to downtown Dallas. Just in front of Grapevine Mills, which is a good outlet, better than Allen. I could have chosen another hotel.

• Stayed August 2013
ClementeEspinosa, Manager at Residence Inn DFW Airport North/Grapevine, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
We do apoligize for the inconvienience you experienced at our hotel, I will be adressing our front desk team to see who dropped the ball in your case as well as reviewing the hours of operation with the breakfast team to ensure that we stick by our opening and closing times, We thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay as total guest satisfaction is our ultimate goal. Please feel free to call on me if you are ever in the area we would really like to show how we normally do business.
Indianapolis, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Pros: Quiet, good location

Cons: Customer Service, room size

Probably one of the worst Residence Inns I have stayed (amongst 100s). When I walked in to check in, the front desk gal was stuffing cookies (from the cookie plate for guests) into her mouth. When she was able to talk she said hello while wiping crumbs off the counter. She checked me in and made no mention of my Marriott Rewards status. I asked her about it just to make sure I would get my points and to see if I was offered a complimentary upgraded room for being Gold. She had to look it up and finally said "it's in there". I asked if my room was upgraded, she said she had no idea, that it was all in the computer already. I then asked if there would be a manager's reception in the evening. Again she had no idea what that even was. Luckily the manager was walking by and jumped in. He said they only have the reception two days a week since this is one of two Residence Inns in the country with a restaurant and that the restaurant wouldn't make any money if they did manager's receptions every night (like all other Residence Inns). At least he was direct.

I went up to my room. The room is very small if you are used to other Residence Inns. There was a used, open bottle of water in the freezer I am guessing came from the previous guest. The stay was fine. It was quiet despite the proximity to the freeway. Note that using your GPS on the address listed will get you lost. If you call the hotel, they will give you a different address to use or you can just use the Bass Pro Shop in Grapevine since it is right next door.

On the final morning of my stay, I went down for coffee. I asked the same young lady who checked me in if there were any newspapers. She said she just took the last one. Later when leaving the hotel, she was nice enough to holler at me walking out the door and let me know she was now finished with the newspaper and that I could have it if I wanted it.

The only other notable memory was that I had to call the front desk to get our garbage can under the sink emptied. It was overflowing but housekeeping somehow missed it when servicing the room.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
ClementeEspinosa, Manager at Residence Inn DFW Airport North/Grapevine, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, Believe me that we will be reviewing service standards and training to resolve the issues that you encountered, This is obviously not what we would like our service to be a part of, Thanks again for your feedback.
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful hotel. Spacious Quiet rooms, flat screen TV, Well stocked kitchen, real full size coffee maker, real kitchen, and an awesome well stocked breakfast room with sausage and eggs and a waffle maker and lots more.
Good hotel transportation too. And a Bass Pro shop and Fuddruckers in the parking lot.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the kind words about our property, Yes we are very centrally located to all of the attractions that Grapevine has to offer, Our breakfast is rated very high by our guest consistently through our guest satisfaction scores, Once again thank you and look us up in the future when you travels bring you to the area.
Oklahoma city
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stayed here as a central location as went to the dallas aquarium and Forth Worth Zoo. Great weekend and enjoyed the hotel. We primarily spent the night because we wanted separate rooms/suite situation so when we put our 4yr old to sleep we could enjoy some TV. Thought the staff was very friendly and helpful. Our tv wasn't working in the living area the 1st night so we called in the morning and it was fixed within a hour or two. We did eat breakfast one morning and the lady working it was awesome and the food was good for a free hotel breakfast. Overall the hotel has a little age (small bathrooms) but its well maintained and for the price break it was all we could ask for.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
So glad you and your family enjoyed your stay with us, And yes Karen(the breakfast attendant) is a true gem, actually our employee of the year for the hotel and and the choice for the same from our coporate office for all of the hotels we manage, You could not have been more in the middle of dallas and fort worth. Thank you again!
Dana Point, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Very nice property. Rooms with full kitchen. Very good complimentary hot breakfast. What more can a guest ask for? Well, for one a clean, made-up room on a daily basis. Two days out of a five day stay, we had to call several times for someone to make up the room. On both occasions the front desk promised someone "right away." After several calls and a face to face conversation, a housekeeping staff arrived at 6:00pm. We also asked about the free shuttle to the DFW airport. We were told it operated on the half-hour. But the front desk never informed us that they kept a reservation sheet. So, the morning we needed to get to the airport we asked the front desk staff at 7:00am whether we could make the 8:00am shuttle. Oh no, they replied, you didn't sign-up and it's full. I won't stay there again simply because the hotel is run by amateurs.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
ClementeEspinosa, Manager at Residence Inn DFW Airport North/Grapevine, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Glad that you enjoyed part of your stay, However that is not good enough for us, Complete guest satisfaction is our ultimate goal, We are very concerned with your comments and rest assured retraining will occur ASAP, I have reached out to you via email and when you have a chance please respond as I have limited ways of reaching out to you, Thank you for your comments they are the way that we get better, Sincerely .

Been to Residence Inn DFW Airport North/Grapevine? Share your experiences!