“Perfect for a girls' weekend in Grapevine...” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Grapevine
Arkansas
“Perfect for a girls' weekend in Grapevine...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I've stayed at 3 Residence Inns now, usually with family, and really like the set-up. This one was very nice. My friends and I stayed here for 2 nights for a shopping weekend. Directly across from Grapevine Mills Mall and shares the parking lot with Bass Pro Shop. We spent a great deal of time in South Lake, but the travel was quick to that area. Very quiet, despite its location next to the highway. Breakfast was fresh, staff was friendly, room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
cespinosa12, Manager at Residence Inn DFW Airport North/Grapevine, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Tank you so much for your recent review, we sincerely appreciate that you enjoyed your stay with us, this hotel recently won the service award for the 2011 year out of our entire company, its what we try and do on a daily basis, thanks again and look us up whenever you are in town again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
JousterWife
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

We checked in and were welcomed with a "reception" that was dinner, free beer and wine and cookies! They only do the reception on Thurs and Sundays. We checked into our room and raced back down to eat! We were welcomed with a nice seating area, red/white wine and beer, and the best meatloaf, mashed potatoes and greens I'd had in a long time! So much so, I went up twice. My collegeue when up three times (2 for meatloaf and 1 for the new dish they put out when they ran out). We were stuffed! There was a lovely lady, Karen I believe, that I referred to as "Momma Residence Inn", because she was very pleasant and efficient with a great kitchen staff backing her up. She always made sure things were well stocked and you had plenty of it. If you got in near the end, she gave you a "to-go" container to eat later or up in your room. Breakfast - just as good as dinner! Breakfast skillets, biscuits and gravy, etc...and the necessary items as well. Again, "Karen" was there again, taking care of the early risers.

The rooms - fantastic! HUGE (imo) and the kitchen, was NOT expecting to be able to cook a full meal myself! I had all the kitchen tools, dishes, stovetop, dishwasher...it was crazy! I bought stuff just to "heat up" so I could use the cutlery and run the dishwasher!
Bed was comfy, slept like a starfish in my king bed, TV was okay, lots of outlets, comfy chill out couch, Paul Mitchell products on the sink for the shower and housekeeping magic!
LOVED this hotel and because of the service, product and branding, I've been smitten with Marriott magic! I'm a top notch level Platnium at another popular hotel chain, and I'm going to strive to win status with this line, if possible!
Thank you!

Room Tip: Ends are FAR from elevators, as they (the elevators) are in the middle. Also, go shopping and you c...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
ClementeEspinosa, Manager at Residence Inn DFW Airport North/Grapevine, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you for the fantastic feed back, yes she is MOMMA RESIDENCE INN, so much so that she was awarded food and beverage employee of the year for our entire company, wow, she is and has always been an outstanding ambassador for our hotel, thanks again for the feed back it really does make a difference to our associates.
Yukon, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Had a good stay, have stayed at this hotel before for family vacation. had recent stay with family during Labor Day weekend. Had a 1-bedroom suite. Was clean and comfortable, however, the bed we had was a little worn...maybe time to look at replacing in the near future?.
Also, for whatever reason, our room was not ready when we got there and we had to wait about 45 minutes, however, the front desk offered comp snacks and drinks for our wait, which went a long way in the goodwill department while we waited. I liked that the hotel is convenient to so many things we did (next door to Bass Pro and Grapevine Mills Mall, 15-20 minute drive to Six Flags). The continental breakfast was also good each morning.
Want to give a special thanks to Amy(?) at the front desk. After we left for home, I realized that we forgot a couple of cameras and our camera bag at the hotel. Once I spoke with Amy about this, she got my address and promptly mailed our cameras back to, so thank you very much for this....this is an instance where excellent customer service overcame some "Griswald family" moments for this trip. Will definitely consider staying again, as this has been a great hotel for my family and I

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
cespinosa12, Manager at Residence Inn DFW Airport North/Grapevine, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
thanks so much for your feedback, we pride ourselves on service, so much that we won the top service award recently throughout our company.
Shawnee Mission, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

My boyfriend came in town to help the Delta staff at DFW with a special event this past Labor Day weekend. I was lucky fly out and stay here with him and I could not have been more pleased with this property. Clean, spacious rooms with a kitchenette, equipped with a stove, full-sized fridge, sink, etc. Sad I had to miss it, but the hotel offers a free happy-hour on Thursday and Sunday, with appetizers and drinks at either the Library Bar or poolside. Great pool with a jacuzzi! Also there's a nice little gym and the breakfast is amazing. It's a full breakfast complete with eggs, yogurt, cereal, bacon, biscuits and gravy, juice, coffee, potatoes, fruit and more. The main items changed daily, so it wasn't repetitious and the wifi is free. Great location, walking distance to a few restaurants and right across from the Grapevine Mills mall and the Sea Life Aquarium. The shuttle is free and goes back and forth to the airport as well as surrounding attractions. Staff was very friendly and I'm planning another trip to come back for holiday shopping. We will stay here!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Lawrence, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

This hotel was fabulous! The free breakfast is really good. The free shuttle to downtown Grapevine is very convenient...they even shuttled us home from the bars at 2am are were happy to do so. The location of the hotel is great...close to downtown Grapevine and right across the street from the huge outlet mall. The rooms were extremely spacious and we loved having the full size refridgerator and kitchen. The price was extremely reasonable for the area. I would definitely reccommend this hotel to everyone I know!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

The Residence Inn in Grapevine is an excellent, great value option for this highly competitive area. It is located next to the Grapevine Mills Mall, a fantastic mall that offers Sealife Aquarium, and Legoland for the kids. It is also surrounded with mostly national chain restaurants. The hotel staff is very friendly, and accomodating. The suite rooms are spacious and have 2 televisions, a kitchenette, microwave, and refrigerator. The rooms are clean and well maintained. Every floor has a laundry room, ideal for an extended stay. On Thursdays and Sundays the hotel staff organizes an event in the main lounge, with free food and drinks for guests. The hotel has a clean, outdoor swimming pool, with a barbecue outside that offers the ability to guests to bring their own chicken or meat to barbecue. There is free wireless internet for guests and even day guests. The hotel has a cozy, small bar with dining option. It is not open every day but most days. They have beer on tap and a nice selection of wines. The breakfast is very complete and offers nice sausages, bacon, scrambled egg, fruits. More than one would expect. Net - a great little hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Green Valley, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

First a shout out to the young lady who went to the kitchen and gave me the milk and yogurt. She is what hospitality is all about. I was not feeling well and she went out of her way to help.

Now. The hotel is very convenient to DFW and shares a parking lot with the Bass Pro Shop. There is plenty of parking and I was steps from the door everytime I returned to the hotel. I arrived a little before check in time but they gave me a room without a bit of trouble.

My room was scrupulously clean and modern. The kitchen is wonderful and fully stocked with dishes and cookware. I did not cook but one certainly could. The air conditioning worked flawlessly and the bed was very comfortable. Yes it has an old fashioned TV but is worked great. The high-speed internet was fast and free. One of the fastest internetsI have seen in a hotel. I did not hear a sound from the adjoining room. The area is very secure, in a good neighborhood and there are inside hallways.

The evening dinner was really something. There was a shrimp fettuchini dish, home-made peach cobler and bread by a nice lady who sure knows how to make them. It really looked like they put some thought and pride into the food. Free is my favorite price for this too. If one were wanted to make that their main meal they could easily do it. I did not eat in their restaurant but the menu looks super and very affordably priced. It is quiet and well appointed. Good wine list and fair prices for that too. There is a Fudruckers and Whataburger in the parking lot as well but on my next trip I am going to try their restaurant. Of course the super restaurants of Grapevine are within easy driving distance.

So here is the deal. I was attending a conference down the road a short way at the Gaylord Texan. The rooms there were more expensive, smaller and I was going to have to pay to park there even if I stayed there anyway. So I chose the residence inn because I have had consistently good experiences with them. This one is not the biggest Residence Inn but it is the nicest one I have stayed in. Why? Because of the staff. This is a very well managed hotel. I travel most of the time and I hold the bar pretty high. If you find yourself in the DFW area you absolutely can't go wrong with this hotel. You will be glad you stayed.

Room Tip: The roads around DFW are under construction so allow a few extra minutes to get to the airport. If...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Residence Inn DFW Airport North/Grapevine? Share your experiences!