“Great hotel, new, clean, excellent service and amenities, great for extended stay.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn DFW Airport North/Grapevine

Free Parking
Ranked #14 of 18 hotels in Grapevine
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

The Residence Inn in Grapevine is an excellent, great value option for this highly competitive area. It is located next to the Grapevine Mills Mall, a fantastic mall that offers Sealife Aquarium, and Legoland for the kids. It is also surrounded with mostly national chain restaurants. The hotel staff is very friendly, and accomodating. The suite rooms are spacious and have 2 televisions, a kitchenette, microwave, and refrigerator. The rooms are clean and well maintained. Every floor has a laundry room, ideal for an extended stay. On Thursdays and Sundays the hotel staff organizes an event in the main lounge, with free food and drinks for guests. The hotel has a clean, outdoor swimming pool, with a barbecue outside that offers the ability to guests to bring their own chicken or meat to barbecue. There is free wireless internet for guests and even day guests. The hotel has a cozy, small bar with dining option. It is not open every day but most days. They have beer on tap and a nice selection of wines. The breakfast is very complete and offers nice sausages, bacon, scrambled egg, fruits. More than one would expect. Net - a great little hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

91 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Green Valley, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

First a shout out to the young lady who went to the kitchen and gave me the milk and yogurt. She is what hospitality is all about. I was not feeling well and she went out of her way to help.

Now. The hotel is very convenient to DFW and shares a parking lot with the Bass Pro Shop. There is plenty of parking and I was steps from the door everytime I returned to the hotel. I arrived a little before check in time but they gave me a room without a bit of trouble.

My room was scrupulously clean and modern. The kitchen is wonderful and fully stocked with dishes and cookware. I did not cook but one certainly could. The air conditioning worked flawlessly and the bed was very comfortable. Yes it has an old fashioned TV but is worked great. The high-speed internet was fast and free. One of the fastest internetsI have seen in a hotel. I did not hear a sound from the adjoining room. The area is very secure, in a good neighborhood and there are inside hallways.

The evening dinner was really something. There was a shrimp fettuchini dish, home-made peach cobler and bread by a nice lady who sure knows how to make them. It really looked like they put some thought and pride into the food. Free is my favorite price for this too. If one were wanted to make that their main meal they could easily do it. I did not eat in their restaurant but the menu looks super and very affordably priced. It is quiet and well appointed. Good wine list and fair prices for that too. There is a Fudruckers and Whataburger in the parking lot as well but on my next trip I am going to try their restaurant. Of course the super restaurants of Grapevine are within easy driving distance.

So here is the deal. I was attending a conference down the road a short way at the Gaylord Texan. The rooms there were more expensive, smaller and I was going to have to pay to park there even if I stayed there anyway. So I chose the residence inn because I have had consistently good experiences with them. This one is not the biggest Residence Inn but it is the nicest one I have stayed in. Why? Because of the staff. This is a very well managed hotel. I travel most of the time and I hold the bar pretty high. If you find yourself in the DFW area you absolutely can't go wrong with this hotel. You will be glad you stayed.

Room Tip: The roads around DFW are under construction so allow a few extra minutes to get to the airport. If...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Just a week later I stayed at this Residence Inn. Room was little smaller than what i'm usually accustom to, but since i was using points for this stay it would do.My room had an old small TV!! It worked fine but hopefully they'll upgrade soon.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Was concerned about spending an entire week in a hotel that was so close to the DFW airport - it's 10 minutes away with planes flying overhead constantly. I was so wrong.

The room was very quiet and since I was staying for a week, received a kitchen unit with a full-size refrigerator, stove top range, dishwasher and sink. The cleaning service was very attentive, making sure that the sink/tub/toilet were clean, that there was soap and facial tissues. The cleaning person washed any dishes in the sink and changed the wonderful bed. The linens were white and crisp and the pillows were fluffy.

The breakfast was quite varied and always out a little earlier than the advertised time for those of us who had to be at work early. It typically consisted of an egg/bacon/ham hot meal and self-serve waffles. There was always a hot tub of oatmeal, various types of breads, bagels and muffins - fresh coffee and yogurts. Really, a full selection of breakfast foods. The lady who prepared the food was very sociable, making sure that all the food stations stayed well-stocked. She would frequently pop out of the kitchen to ensure that things were going well.

There is a shuttle service that picks up/drops off customers at the airport. The shuttle will also drop off at downtown Grapevine, a charming little town not far from the hotel.

For the money, the service, food, ambiance for a hotel so close to the airport cannot be beat! If you are looking for a place to stay, don't pass this place up!

Room Tip: Try to stay away from the end of the hall on the 3rd floor. The laundry room is there and the door...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Durant, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

The rooms were beautiful, just as shown in the pictures. We swam but it was so windy we didn't stay out there very long! We opted to walk across the parking lot and visit Bass Pro Shop instead.

Now, I am a single mom who was dropping a girlfriend off at the airport about 4:30 AM and we decided to stay close to the airport so it would be much more convenient to go back to sleep after such an early morning departure. My three young children and I went back to sleep after going to the airport and was completely unprepared for what awaited us at breakfast.

It can be just a little chaotic trying to help three young children get breakfast at a hotel and as I was juggling this task a staff member stepped up and asked if they could help my son make a waffle. I was stunned because normally people walk the other way and come back later when they see a mom with several kids. Not only did this staff member help my son with the waffle but helped with the rest of his plate and while that was going on the chef came to check on food levels and stepped in to help my daughter with filling her plate while I was helping my other daughter. Again, I was pleasantly surprised, but it doesn't stop there.

Once we were seated the food was wonderful! Definitely not your average breakfast.

As our plates are being emptied the same chef came by and collected our plates and as we were getting up to leave he brought out three little bowls of candies for my kids to eat in the car on the way home.

The staff went way above and beyond in helping me and it left me speechless. Without question if I am ever in need of a place to stay around the airport I won't even look anywhere else!

I'd like to add in that the hotel has a shuttle that would have taken my friend to the airport that early but my kids and I really wanted to take her ourselves as we rarely get to see her.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Texas City, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

Exceptionally Quiet Room. Glass double or triple glazed. Hotel is minutes from the airport in Grapevine, next to I-635. Very convenient for commuting to meetings in the North Dallas area. I had a studio suite, but it was spacious. Oddly, my room still had an old CRT-screen TV, but it did work. Everything worked. Bed had a great feel to it. The kitchen was nicely arranged and had all the bits I needed to do minor cooking. Two-burner stove top even. Hotel offers standard complimentary breakfast 0630-0930 weekdays. 0700-1000 AM weekends. Evening snacks are a mite truncated compared to most Residence Inns, but this was a classier offering than most Residence Inns. Hotel has a bar/restaurant, "The Library", which offers reasonably priced real food and beverages of the adult kind. A free airport shuttle is offered. Very handy. Will pick up at the airport if one calls the hotel, or drop off as well. Hotel has three vans in rotation. Standard aerobics workout room with two treadmills, elliptical treadmill and stationary bike. A Whataburger is next door to the right of the hotel, and a Fuddruckers is to the left. Around the corner from Uncle Bucks Brewery and Steakhouse (One could walk). Next to a Bass Pro Shop as well. This is a good extended-stay property.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Tri-Cities, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

I never thought I'd base a review on the free breakfast, but seriously, the breakfast provided was a much higher quality than the standard hotel free breakfast offered at similar hotels I've stayed at in the last couple of years. It didn't have that "pre-fab" look and taste that a lot of hotel breakfasts have (because they are pre-fabricated and ready to be warmed and served).

OK, so the breakfast was great, but so was the rest of my hotel experience. The room was clean and comfortable. The maid staff was friendly and accomodating. The front desk staff was very helpful in both hotel matters and in pointing out good places to eat and visit. Both check-in and check-out were fast and easy.

I was at the hotel for a group meeting. The entire group was amazed at the great value associated with the meeting room cost (and the flexibility and provision associated with AV equipment). The group was extremely pleased with the overall experience.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Residence Inn DFW Airport North/Grapevine? Share your experiences!