“Nice place for a quick overnight stay on business” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #13 of 18 hotels in Grapevine
Atlanta, GA
“Nice place for a quick overnight stay on business”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2011

This is a somewhat typical Residence Inn...each room is like a studio apartment, with a semi-separate kitchen area and semi-separate "living room" area. I noted the room to be very clean and fairly new-looking. The hotel is 10 minutes or less from Dallas-Ft Worth airport and a free shuttle van will come pick you up. You might have to wait 15 or 20 minutes, though -- but the alternative is a $24 taxi fare. The bed was comfortable; views are nothing to get excited about; TV was a decent flat screen though the satellite periodicaly went out during the rain. As many Residence Inns do, this place offers a free breakfast in the morning with the usual fare (eggs, bacon, potatoes, sausage, various breads, muffins, fruit, juice, coffee, etc). On Thursdays and Sundays, they also offer a couple of complimentary drinks and free food of some sort -- appetizers, mainly. The hotel is across a parking lot from a Fudrucker's restaurant and several other restaurants are in the close vicinity. Not much else is walking distance, but most people who stay here are likely headed someplace else by cab or shuttle. I wouldn't choose this hotel for leisure but if you need a place relatively close to the airport (about 7-8 miles), this isn't a bad choice. There may be some more upscale places very close to the airport, but likely more expensive.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

90 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Des Arc, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

We were inpressed with the facility and enjoyed our stay. We got to know several of the staff by name during the stay and had absolutely NO complaints till after we checked out. Two days after our checkout we were billed $250.00 on credit card with no explanation. I called the business and politely asked if I could have the charges explained to me. I was transferred to an employee (with no name) who was rude with me from hello. She started by saying "You know what the charges is for and I do not want to hear your argument, I have heard it all before". I insisted on the reason for the charge and was told that it was because we smoked in our room. The staff member continued to be rude and informed me "I have heard it all before, thats what they all say" when I explained that we did not smoke in our room. We spent half our time there outside in the beautiful weather smoking in the smoking area. I feel that this is a scam and that customers should beware due to the fact the hotel does not have to produce ANY proof in order to charge you the fee.

I was planning on staying at this location repeatedly in the future but will NOT ever stay there again after this charge topped by the unbelievably rude employee!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2010

I always have a great stay at the Residence Inn. This particular one has King suites with a queen sofa bed. The rooms are modern but noy flat screen TV. My son is autistic and is very picky about where we stay. He loved the room and had no problem sleeping on the sofa sleeper. This means the hotel passed the clean test.
The front desk employees were friendly and efficient. We used the shuttle for transportation to and from the cheer competition we were participating in. That worked out perfectly for us on Saturday but not so well on Sunday. The shuttle only runs every 30 minutes on Sunday and my husband and son missed the competition on that day.
The breakfast was great. They had real sausage and not that microwave junk. There was whip cream and chocolate chips for the Texas waffles. My children loved those extra toppings.
The Internet and parking was free. This is very important to a family that travels with 5 laptops.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

This hotel was the most unprofessional, rudest staff I have ever met! I travel alot and I am a Marriott rewards card holder, but now am thinking I will be switching to Hilton Honors after this horrific stay. This hotel is very plain and the pics on the website are nothing like it looks like in person. The shuttle driver was incredably rude, and the General Manager charged my credit card that was on file $740.00!!!! My rate was suppossed to be $72.00 plus tax! This is illegle and fraud just in case you do not know! No one should ever pay more than $70.00 to stay at this property. IT is a rip off, and nothing more then a over priced Motel 6. They advertise the restraunt to open daily, it wasn't , tried to call front desk serveral times with no answer, and the room smelled like dog pee when we arrived.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Houston, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

My husband and I stayed here for 2 reasons: I had a training seminar at the hotel and it was Grapefest in Grapevine! We drove up from Houston, the desk clerk greeted us promptly and within 10 minutes we were in our room. We stayed two nights and enjoyed two lovely, complimentary breakfasts each morning. While at my seminar, my husband walked across the parking lot to a huge Bass Pro Shop and later that night we crossed the street and went to Grapevine Mills mall and saw a movie at the theater. Our room was clean & quiet with wonderful room darkening drapes. I would certainly stay here again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Oklahoma City, OK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

I booked this hotel cause i had gotten a ebreak email from marriott. under 100 a night and everything else round the grapevine mills mall was up in the 130's. I chose to stay here based of how close it is to everything! we could walk to the mall, bass pro or walk to alot of places to eat. I will say not the best bed ive ever sleep on, marriotts is better. and they could inprove the breakfast buffett to offer more. but the pool was great, not alot of kids really and quiet inside the room for being right off the hwy. I would stay again for sure.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Albuquerque, NM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2010

My husband and I, along with two 7 year old twins, stayed overnight here on a trip to visit family in Muenster, Texas. We arrived late on a Thursday evening, and were happy to find a What-a-Burger still open right next door. Our room was clean, spacious, and looked very inviting with new looking furniture and stainless appliances in the kitchen. The bed was very comfortable. The next day our family picked us up. When we left Texas, the following Tuesday, we were unaware how awful the traffic is from Muenster to the DFW airport. I called the hotel and Caroline, the front desk manager graciously allowed us to use the hotel van to go to the airport, so our relatives could drop us off at the hotel and return to Muenster therby avoiding the worst of the traffic. We have decided that we will always stay here at the beginning and the end of any trip we make to the area. The staff is wonderful and the property exceeded our expectations.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn DFW Airport North/Grapevine? Share your experiences!