“Great stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 18 hotels in Grapevine
Houston, Texas
“Great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

We checked in late Friday night. Computers were down, but the lady at the front desk, got us checked in manually. Our king suite was huge, even with the sofa-bed pulled out. We were glad to find a blanket, along with sheets in the dresser for the sofa-bed - we usually don't find one in other hotels with similar setups. The bathroom was beautiful with a huge jacuzzi tub. The one thing they didn't do was to credit our "rewards membership" card as the computers were down the whole time we were there. But I managed to get that done when we returned home. Otherwise we had a nice stay in Grapevine. Comfy beds, nice breakfast and the bonus was we had a Groupon rate so is was so affordable! Would stay there again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

77 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Tulsa, Ok
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

The business center printer wasn't working so Brittany went above and beyond to get our boarding passes printed. The front desk suggested Esparza's for dinner and it did not disappoint. Shuttle drivers were friendly and prompt. Biggest drawback was that the business center was frustrating, not working properly. Stay here if you are going to a main street festival. The shuttle will get you there and pick you up at the gate. We got a great deal on the above average room at this price.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Shutesbury, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

The outdoor pool had leaves and bugs in it and there were no towels. I won't go back. I need a comfortable pool for my daughter and I and this doesn't have it. I knew the pool would be outside but I expected it to be clean.

The front desk staff was a bit short, but the room size was nice. The highway noise kept me awake and I was glad we were only there for one night. There is a highway on one side and another road on the other side so I'm not sure if there really is a quiet side of the building.

The whirlpool tub was a definite bonus, and the breakfast selection was good.

There are 5 floors to this hotel. Another reviewer says get a room on the the 3rd floor for skylights ...well, no. Maybe the 5th floor but I don't know. We were on the 3rd floor and that is pretty much the middle of the hotel.

Since we were so disappointed by the pool, we won't go back. We stayed at another Comfort Suites after we left this one, and that one had an indoor pool that was much better.

Room Tip: Go for the top floor, East side. East will be away from the busy highway that I had to deal with.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

The front desk staff was kind of rude and short. The room was a nice size but the sheets on the bed looked dingy. The bed was not comfortable at all. It was lumpy and caused me to wake up every hour. The hotel must have very thin walls and doors. I could here everything going on in the hallway. From loud scary bangs to kids running and screaming at 12:30am. The breakfast was a major disappointment. The eggs where watery and the sausage was cold. Also, they only had one waffle maker and the line was outrageously long. There were people making 3 to 4 waffles even though the line was long. I will not stay in this hotel again. I am actually going to cancel my reservation for the Comfort Suites in Port Aransas because I do not plan to stay at another one.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
East Troy, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

I was traveling to see a specialist, and got a special rate on a room here. I am a cheapskate, so the price was still a little high for my tastes when I booked. But it was definitely worth it. Since the shuttle goes everywhere up to 3 miles, I didn't have to rent a car. And the free REAL breakfast allowed me to save on food. Plus there was always some fruit left out all day, which made for nice snacks.

The hotel itself is in a safe feeling area. Highways and the airport are nearby, but there is also much open space and lot of grass. The only thing within short walking distance is a gas station unfortunately. But the shuttle can get you to food and entertainment. if you need some variety, try the mall - it has a food court, a movie theater where they serve you at your seats, an aquarium, a legoland, and lots of shopping. It's about half an hour walk if you don't want to take the shuttle.

The staff, while a little bit overwhelmed sometimes, are very helpful and friendly. The housekeepers keep everything spotless.

This hotel is ultra clean. I had the king room. It has a sectional couch / sitting area, a small kitchen nook (with big fridge, microwave, cabinets, and counter), a closet, lots of table space, a good sized flat screen tv, tons of outlets, lots of dresser drawers, and oodles of space as well as lamps and lights. It also has a ceiling fan as well as a very precise (almost slightly too precise!) air conditioning and heating system. The king sized bed wasn't perfect, but I think it was the best hotel bed I've slept on. The blankets and sheets were very nice weights. The bed has more than 8 pillows, and they are different "comfort" levels so you can chose which to use. The bathroom is huge, with a very long counter, a huge mirror, and a full size whirlpool tub. The added benefit of the tub was that it gave you lots of extra room during a shower - no worrying about moving a shower curtain out of your way.

The water tasted fine. The alarm clock had lots of features and was reliable. The work desk was nice. The window opens, and lets in a nice breeze. The curtain is totally light blocking when closed. The laundry, although limited (2 washers & 2 dryers) is totally free (but laundry soap is $1). The elevators were efficient. The hotel was very quiet - even with planes overhead, hottubs running, and freeways nearby. Besides continental breakfast items, the breakfast featured different hot items each day. I really enjoyed make-your-own-belgium-waffles days, but also liked the bacon and egg biscuits. The wifi was pretty good. It went down every once in a while, but always came back up. It did slow down some at night - but was still useable.

My complaints: The soda machine didn't have any variety. The courtesy van seemed to forget about me twice. But when they were overwhelmed on a different day, they called me a cab and paid for it. So they try hard. I would just say if you plan to use the van for important errands, call and 2 hours before you need to leave. And the pool said "closed for further notice", but I'm going to guess that was just because it was cold when I arrived (50 degrees, in winter). Oh and the workout room is a nice "feature" to have, but this one consisted of 3 or 4 machines in a small room, with a TV and a water cooler, and a slightly unpleasant work-out room smell. Better than nothing, but left me wanting more.

If I ever come back this way, I'd absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Durham, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

The folks at the desk were very friendly and they were very prompt with the airport shuttle service. The rooms were very clean and everything was set up 'just right'. Very good selection for breakfast and done very well. Great place to stay. Definitely worth the money.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Appleton, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for three nights (2/20-2/23) and was impressed from A-Z. The friendly shuttle driver picked me up from the airport the morning after an unplanned night stuck in Atlanta without my luggage. Desperate for a shower and a nap, Celia at the front desk accommodated my early check-in quickly. The lobby is modern and attractive, and the room was immaculate. The gal who manages the complimentary breakfast ensured that everything was always tidy, clean, and fresh. I even saw her turning the labels of the yogurt containers in the fridge to face the front for easy ID. It's that sort of attention to detail that makes you appreciate a well-managed property.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Suites DFW N/Grapevine? Share your experiences!