“Worst Marriott in the US” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas DFW Airport North / Grapevine

Save Saved
You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas DFW Airport North / Grapevine to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas DFW Airport North / Grapevine
2050 Highway 121 North, Grapevine, TX 76051   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #17 of 18 hotels in Grapevine
Boston, Massachusetts
“Worst Marriott in the US”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

When I tell you this hotel is bad you should believe me. I am a huge Marriott fan. I am a lifetime Platinum Premium Elite frequent traveler that also owns multiple weeks of time share with Marriott. I spent seven of the last ten days at Marriott and will spend seven of the next fourteen as well. This property should not have the Marriott name.
My experience started at the airport when I called for the shuttle. I was told 10-15 minutes .I called again after 30 minutes and was told he was making other pickups at the airport and I would be picked up in 1-2 minutes.15 Minutes later he arrives but he has not gone to the other terminals as I was told. Therefor ,we need to ride around the airport before heading back to the hotel. Note the ride to the hotel was less than 5 minutes. Where had he been for the past hour? I total It took over an hour to get back to the hotel from my initial call. It gets much much worse.
When checking in they promote that the shuttle will take guests to a few nearby local restaurants that are on a pre-printed list. After settling in to my room I call down for the shuttle. I am told it is on the way back from the airport and will be 10 -15 minutes . Again it takes over a half an hour to arrive
Before i leave the toilet clogs. I am told they will clear while I am at dinner.
After dinner i call for the shuttle. again 10 -15 minutes . This time it takes almost almost an hour. If she just said they were busy it would be an hour i would have ordered another beer and watched the game. But after ten minutes I went out to the curb. Realize we are three minutes from the hotel. I could have walked in an hour.
I return to the hotel to find the toilet still clogged. I am informed by the woman at the front desk that she is the only employee on duty and she cant leave the front desk. She will send the shuttle driver in 10 - 15 minutes. I did not wait the next hour. I needed to get to bed. I cleared the toilet with a coat hanger.
Stay away from this poorly run property.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel at all costs
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

75 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

When I walked into the hotel, things looked familiar. It's a little different than most Fairfield in lobby layouts, so that was unusual, and then once I started dealing with the front desk, I remembered I had been here before. Super friendly and happy front desk. They must be taking happy pills! Makes for a great experience. Hotel is clean and typical of a Fairfield in. Decent free breakfast. Nice memory.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Athens
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

The location of this hotel is very convenient for travelers since it is close to the airport. Besides that, it is close to a mall and many other shops and restaurants. The staff is friendly and the rooms are very clean.
There are many items to choose from for breakfast, and they all taste delicious. Some are even homemade.
A nice touch from this hotel is the happy hours and reduced price appetizer evenings they organize, so people can get together and socialize.
There is a shuttle to the airport and if needed other places closeby that runs every half hour.
In the summer one can relax by the pool and bbq area, and the gym is small but good. A small store next to the lobby provides snacks and drinks at a reasonable price.
To summarize, this hotel is equipped with all the conveniences one might ask for-and then some!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
La Habra, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I stay at the Marriott family hotels weekly - and often Fairfield - but this location is not up to par. I saw large trucks in the parking lot and after going inside - I realized this a meant for truckers.

The rooms are outdated wih cheap furntiture. THe TV in the room was a 19" box TV.

The beds were comfortable.
The room did have an awkward mini fridge and microwave.

It is close to the DFW airport.
It is also right off the freeway, which means it is pretty noisy.

I would never stay here again and I would not recommend that a business professional or family stay here. Dallas has too many great hotel locations - and I did not get the cheapest rate either, so I know there are much better options just down the street.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We've stayed in many Marriott's in the Grapevine area. We weren't able to stay at our favorite, as the rates were higher than normal during the spring break week, so we stayed at the Fairfield Inn. PRO: good breakfast which the staff kept up with and clean. Comfortable beds. Easy check in/out. Nice mini-refrigerator with separate freezer. CONS: The bathrooms are outdated. The modular shower was ok for me, but if you are tall, it would be impossible to get your head under the shower since it was so low. It was difficult for my child to step over the tub into the shower. Also, there was no closet - just a very squeaky wardrobe. Two nights in a row there was a bachelor party using the pool in the middle of the night which woke us up (room right by the pool). We called the front desk and they said they would handle it. 30 minutes later nothing had been done, so my husband got dressed and went to the desk to ask them to disrupt the 2am party. All in all it was an ok hotel, but I don't imagine we'll stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Tega Cay, SC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Hotel needs complete renovation. Spent one night and checked out. I am a Marriott member too! Tv's old, chair in room dirty, not up to par with Marriott Fairfield Inn standards...went across the highway to the Marriott Residence Inn...very nice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dalton, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stayed here for a night on a last minute trip and other Marriott properties were sold out. I don't usually stay at Fairfield Inns but the room seemed typical for a low end hotel. The sticking point was the lack out soundproofing, I could hear my neighbor's telephone conversation word for word, I responded by turning up the TV (which I imagine she could hear as well). Was woken up by the room above's shower. While the bed was comfortable I can't recommend this hotel for a good night's sleep.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
umair a, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas DFW Airport North / Grapevine, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear Look Marketing

I would like to thank you for your recent review and feedback. I would also like to take this opportunity to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your recent stay with us.
We are consistently striving to improve our service and standards which makes your feedback even more important. Thank you
I would like to welcome you back on your next trip to DFW area

Sincerely

Umair Aziz

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas DFW Airport North / Grapevine? Share your experiences!