“This is a TRUCKERS hotel - Not for vacation or business” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas DFW Airport North / Grapevine

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Grapevine
Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas DFW Airport North / Grapevine
You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas DFW Airport North / Grapevine to your Saves list
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2050 Highway 121 North, Grapevine, TX 76051   |
Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Grapevine
La Habra, California
“This is a TRUCKERS hotel - Not for vacation or business”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I stay at the Marriott family hotels weekly - and often Fairfield - but this location is not up to par. I saw large trucks in the parking lot and after going inside - I realized this a meant for truckers.

The rooms are outdated wih cheap furntiture. THe TV in the room was a 19" box TV.

The beds were comfortable.
The room did have an awkward mini fridge and microwave.

It is close to the DFW airport.
It is also right off the freeway, which means it is pretty noisy.

I would never stay here again and I would not recommend that a business professional or family stay here. Dallas has too many great hotel locations - and I did not get the cheapest rate either, so I know there are much better options just down the street.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We've stayed in many Marriott's in the Grapevine area. We weren't able to stay at our favorite, as the rates were higher than normal during the spring break week, so we stayed at the Fairfield Inn. PRO: good breakfast which the staff kept up with and clean. Comfortable beds. Easy check in/out. Nice mini-refrigerator with separate freezer. CONS: The bathrooms are outdated. The modular shower was ok for me, but if you are tall, it would be impossible to get your head under the shower since it was so low. It was difficult for my child to step over the tub into the shower. Also, there was no closet - just a very squeaky wardrobe. Two nights in a row there was a bachelor party using the pool in the middle of the night which woke us up (room right by the pool). We called the front desk and they said they would handle it. 30 minutes later nothing had been done, so my husband got dressed and went to the desk to ask them to disrupt the 2am party. All in all it was an ok hotel, but I don't imagine we'll stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Tega Cay, SC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Hotel needs complete renovation. Spent one night and checked out. I am a Marriott member too! Tv's old, chair in room dirty, not up to par with Marriott Fairfield Inn standards...went across the highway to the Marriott Residence Inn...very nice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dalton, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stayed here for a night on a last minute trip and other Marriott properties were sold out. I don't usually stay at Fairfield Inns but the room seemed typical for a low end hotel. The sticking point was the lack out soundproofing, I could hear my neighbor's telephone conversation word for word, I responded by turning up the TV (which I imagine she could hear as well). Was woken up by the room above's shower. While the bed was comfortable I can't recommend this hotel for a good night's sleep.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
umair a, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas DFW Airport North / Grapevine, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear Look Marketing

I would like to thank you for your recent review and feedback. I would also like to take this opportunity to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your recent stay with us.
We are consistently striving to improve our service and standards which makes your feedback even more important. Thank you
I would like to welcome you back on your next trip to DFW area

Sincerely

Umair Aziz
Dresden, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Due to the close distance to the interstate nearly all rooms in that hotel are really noisy, so I woke up every night at 3:30 am because of the trucks and loud motor cycles ...

Doors show damage (veneer peeling of)

Room Tip: suites look very odd, big rooms with too less interior, not well lighted.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Lubbock, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

My family and I stayed here while we attended festivities and explored the mall at grapevine. It is a wonderful location, especially if you are going to hit places like Legoland, SeaLife, or the Gaylord. The staff had our room ready and happily provided additional bedding upon request. The room was surprisingly spacious and well appointed, though the CRT TV in the living area was a bit outdated for a Marriott property.

A word of warning, I wouldn't necessarily trust map services on their directions to this location. We had to make a loop before we figured out it was quite easy to just hang a left on 121 frontage road.

Room Tip: Reserve the 2-room suite with king and sofa sleeper. It is huge and allows for some parental peace...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We were flying to MX for our yearly vacation because of the price of airfare we got the best deal over nighting it in Dallas. I booked this room because it offered a shuttle to and from the airport and with in certain miles to the hotel. Room was basic not bad at all. Front desk personel were good. They had a descent lobby, descent breakfast. Shuttle driver was very good. He delivered us to our destination for Dinner/supper and made a stop for us on the way back. I had read a few reviews about the shuttle not being available but we had no problem. I would stay at this hotel again for an over night. Of course I can not tell you what it would be like if you were staying in the area becaue I don't know the area. :)

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family