“Over night in Dallas” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas DFW Airport North / Grapevine

Save Saved
You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas DFW Airport North / Grapevine to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas DFW Airport North / Grapevine
Ranked #17 of 18 hotels in Grapevine
minnesota
“Over night in Dallas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We were flying to MX for our yearly vacation because of the price of airfare we got the best deal over nighting it in Dallas. I booked this room because it offered a shuttle to and from the airport and with in certain miles to the hotel. Room was basic not bad at all. Front desk personel were good. They had a descent lobby, descent breakfast. Shuttle driver was very good. He delivered us to our destination for Dinner/supper and made a stop for us on the way back. I had read a few reviews about the shuttle not being available but we had no problem. I would stay at this hotel again for an over night. Of course I can not tell you what it would be like if you were staying in the area becaue I don't know the area. :)

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

75 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

The hotel was clean, comfortable, reasonably priced, and the staff was incredible! They bent over backwards to meet my needs! I was attending a business conference with over 7,000 participants and needed to shuttled off site, as did most of the hotel guests. The manager, Frank, did an incredible job meeting all of ours needs as well as all of the other staff members!!! The staff went WAY OUT OF THERE WAY to make this stay DELIGHTFUL! I would stay here again in a heartbeat ! THANK You!

• Stayed October 2012
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

I write this review at 2:45 in the morning as I cannot sleep due to the impossibly hard bed in this room, it is like sleeping on the floor. The first night here I called down for another blanket and was told by the front desk attendant that he would bring it right up- that never happened. The rooms are sub-par with their outdated televisions and old worn furniture. Looks to me like the whole hotel is in need of renovations. I booked this hotel because the normal hotel I stay at when in the Dallas area was booked. I will not be staying here in the future and just booked my next reservation with my regular hotel to ensure I don't have to.

• Stayed October 2012
Frank A, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas DFW Airport North / Grapevine, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you for your review, we appreciate you sharing your experience with us. Our guests are the number one priority and we pride ourself on ensuring we respond to each of their requests and apologize that the blanket you asked for never arrived. While your night of sleep wasn't the greatest I hope you were able to enjoy our complimentary breakfast the following morning to start your day.
Junction City, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

A quality no frills hotel at a reasonable cost. The room was clean and everything worked. The staff was capable and friendly. They went out of their way to assist us with luggage issues. The staff was excellent. There was coffee in the room and a hot breakfast. I don't understand why there are any negative reviews of this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Frank A, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas DFW Airport North / Grapevine, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We truly appreciate you taking the time to review our property. I will share your comments with the staff. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and I hope you come back to see us again soon!
Lincoln, Nebraska, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Pros:
Hotel was clean
Staff was friendly

Cons:
TV in my room didn't work, had to be moved to new room
TVs in both rooms were small, old, and outdated. (19" tube TV).
Curtains ripped / falling apart
Bathroom was very outdated--fiberglass shower from the 80's.
Window in my room would not close without excessive force and rattling it into place.

They did say that they have new TVs on order but both rooms had the old ones and I'm surprised that they haven't upgraded before now.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I apologize that we were unable to meet your expectations and the trouble you encountered with the first room. I will forward your "pros" about our friendly staff and the cleanliness of the rooms to my team. As we work to improve the items you noted, we strive to continue our success as being both clean and friendly for all of our guests.
Dickinson, Texas, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We paid $90 for two queen beds and for the price, it's suited us just fine. The staff was very accommodating and switched us to a new room after our initial room didn't have a working A/C unit, the TV would not work properly and the bathroom door wouldn't lock. The new room had no problems at all.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review, we sincerely apprecaite you taking the time to share your experience. While it sounds like you had a rough start to your stay, I'm thrilled to see that my team was able to solve the problem quickly to ensure we met your standards. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Albuquerque, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Not sure why all the positive reviews for this Fairfield, unless we just got the last room to be updated. I stay at various Marriotts more than 90 days out of the year, and this was the worst of the year so far. Lamp cord was short circuiting, carpet was worn and dirty, tub was a throwback to the early 80s, laminate coating on the bathroom door was torn off in strips, as if by a dog, work desk was tiny, and the TV was a small 24" tube TV with an old worn out remote. Service was fine, but our room, for the price, was not acceptable.

Room Tip: Very hard going with all of the road construction. Stay on the northbound service road from Bass Pr...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you! We appreciate you taking the time to tell of your experience with us. We will be checking all the cords and fixtures in each room to ensure the issue is corrected. I would like to thank you for the "Room Tip" about our convenient location. The construction between the airport and us has greatly improved the past few weeks. New highway ramps and a number of new lanes have opened up making the short commute between our hotel and the DFW airport easier than ever.

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas DFW Airport North / Grapevine? Share your experiences!