“Very Good Italian Food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Round Rock, TX
“Very Good Italian Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

The baked ziti and pizza bordered on excellent. Unfortunately, the tiramisu was not very good. The cannoli, too, was only good. We will go back for the pasta when in town.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Houston, Texas
“Food is WOW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I'm from the big city. When I drove up to this restaurant, I almost turned the car around to have dinner at Starbucks down the street. Boy, am I glad I didn't! Restaurant staff treats you like family. Hubby and I had dinner with our 4 kiddos. Pizza and pasta are AMAZING. Prices are low! Restaurant is small and located in an un-impressive shopping strip, but this is one of the best Italian restaurants I've ever been to!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Texas
“Great Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Not the fanciest dinner or decor. But probably the best value I've ever encountered. The service is quick, friendly and efficient. The menu contains many good standard Italian favorites. But I love to select one of the two daily specials. This family run business is BYOB, furthering your options to save money. Highly recommended!!!

• Visited October 2013
texas
“Italy at it's best in Grapevine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Went here on my birthday with a friend and it was awesome.
I had a huge salad with the works and a big side of spaghetti.
My friend had eggplant parmesan and we both had wonderful warm
breads both with and without butter on them.
Then an unbelievable canolli and great coffee all for $30.
I shall return.

• Visited September 2013
Colleyville, Texas
“Stormy Night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Very strange night made better with Pasta! A fast moving summer storm blew through the Grapevine area within minutes of our friend's arrival. We had already been seated (which they normally won't do without the entire party present) and had uncorked our wine and ordered appetizers. It is a BYOB establishment.

Our friends are regulars at Amore so they offered recommendations, he goes for the Stromboli every time... this was our 3rd time in a few years. Within seconds of ordering dinner, the lights and air conditioning went out from the storm. Thankfully, their ovens are gas. Appetizers and salads were delivered and we ate them by candle light, very fresh salad and good, hot, stuffed mushrooms... however, it started getting hot from there not being any A/C.

We told them if the electricity wasn't back on by the time our food was ready, we'd take it to go. It wasn't, but they were extremely accommodating... and the food was still great.

This is a Grapevine neighborhood favorite, there's usually a wait to get in the door... but worth it. Prices are extremely reasonable, food is good and the service excellent. We also like the Cafe Italia's in Grapevine, this is very similar... small family italian at its very best.

We'll be back, hopefully in better weather conditions!

• Visited August 2013