“Nice campgrounds -wonderful staff.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Vineyards Campground and Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Grapevine
The Vineyards Campground and Cabins
You added The Vineyards Campground and Cabins to your Saves list
1501 North Dooley St, Grapevine, TX 76051   |
Dallas, Texas
“Nice campgrounds -wonderful staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

The family and I have stayed three times now and every time has been nice. This is a great place for groups and family reunions but the thing that stands out the most is the staff. They are very friendly and will jump through hoops to help with anything they can. Between ourselves and a few family members they have gone above and beyond to make our stays a success.
We don't live too far away but our family loves the safe feeling of staying here for our reunion and letting the kids play outside over some of the crowded hotels with 100s of people everywhere.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Richardson, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

My husband and I spent our wedding annivesary in cabin 9. I had been wanting to try this place for a couple of years but every time I remembered it was already booked. We live about 25 miles away and didn't want to have to drive very far for a weekend getaway. We wanted to disconnect and be near water. The overall campground facilities seemed really nice. The people at check-in were friendly and helpful. Also, the store personnel was friendly and helpful. The store didn't have a lot of inventory but I think it provided what was needed. I suggested that they get some citronella candles. (We ended up buying bug spray but didn't need to use it). The cabin was clean.

My only few complaints: My husband is 6' 5" and he had to be careful not to hit his head in the doorway of the bedroom and restroom. Also, he was WAY too tall for the shower. Not a huge deal. Also, there weren't any coffee filters for the coffee pot. They provided enough coffee for one morning (prepackaged). We had brought our own coffe but there were no filters, so we used paper towels. Also, the plates in the cabin were made of melamine, which is not microwaveable. However, I bet most people don't know this and do it anyway. Which concerns me for health reasons.

More good: nice view of lake, close to bike trails, wifi if you need it

I would defintely go back if I want a close weekend getaway.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple