“A must stop” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
“A must stop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Making no difference in my comments, here it goes... If your on a business tab have a blast, if not get your five dollar pizza and stay in your hotel room! This place is an A+ atmosphere with service that's unprecedented. I absolutely love what's offered here. They serve to please bar none! You get what you ask for, don't expect less less or more!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Fort Worth
“Terrible Service and Condescending Management”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I arranged my boyfriend's 50th birthday party there on a night when Le Freak was playing. We had a reserved area in the VIP section for 28 people and a food and beverage minimum of $1050. We were told we would have two dedicated servers and that everything would have to be on one bill. On arrival, we were escorted to our tables and introduced to our two servers, who took our initial drink orders. I declined wine and told them to bring buckets of various beers and that we would decide upon what bottles we wanted to order shortly. Le Freak put on an outstanding show as usual, which was the only good thing about the night. We could never seem to find our servers, and when we did, they would get our order wrong or take forever to bring it to us. After they had brought the bottles of liquor we had ordered, they never brought any mixers as requested until we managed to hunt one of them down. She then brought a cart with mixers and left it in our area. Then a long while after we had all begun to make our own drinks from the cart, she came back and indignantly told us that she was supposed to serve us from the cart! Near the end of the night, I was constantly asking how close we were to our minimum and was told that we were still some amount of money away from reaching it. I informed our server that once we had reached the minimum to take no further orders from anyone but me. We never saw our second server after the beginning of the night. When I asked for our final check, I was told that one of the members of our party had taken care of the whole thing. I went to thank him and he told me that he had only paid for the minimum, that there was still a balance due! I asked our server about this and she brought me a check for an additional $268. I asked her why she continued to take orders after the minimum as per our discussion, and she said that she had miscalculated the bill previously when she told me we had not met the minimum yet. I never actually was shown the bill, but our friend who paid the minimum $1050, stated that it was clearly not accurate, as it reflected a number of food items that no one in our party had ever ordered! He had tried to discuss this with the manager, but was treated very disrespectfully. In fact, the manager stated that he had discussed this complaint of poor service with our server, and she was accusing my friend of "touching her breast" in a threatening manner! This was ABSOLUTELY false, and we had numerous witnesses to that effect. At this point, it was clear that we were not going to be treated with any credibility at all, so we left. When I later tried to call and speak to management, I was told the manager would call me back. I have yet to hear from anyone. We have had numerous VIP reservations for special events at the Glass Cactus in the past and nothing like this has ever happened. The complete lack of response from management regarding our complaints of padded bills and poor service, and the blatantly false accusations to cover up poor performance by our server were unprofessional and just bad business. I would no longer recommend the Glass Cactus as a party venue to anyone.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
San Antonio, Texas
“Well worth the price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Spent the evening here for July 4th and loved every second of it. It is a little pricey, but it is a wonderful getaway for a couple's evening.

Visited July 2013
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Fun Bar, Make Reservations, Order the Pineapple Mojito”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We weren't sure what to expect, but had a great time and will remember a couple of things for our next visit:
1. Le Freak (a 70's cover band) was performing and has quite the following. So the place was lively and the audience was eclectic. However, it is a must to get table reservations in advance if you plan to sit indoors.
2.On Friday evenings in the summer fireworks are shot off at 9:30p and the view from the back patio is perfect! Best to get there early if you want a place to sit and even more so if you want a place to sit near the railing during firework show time.

Q's Party Bus from the hotel to the Glass Cactus was a party in itself - group we got on with were celebrating a 70th b'day & included us in their celebration. Because we were staying at the Gaylord no cover was required. In addition, the bar staff and patrons were all very friendly.

The perfect end to our anniversary evening was once the majority of people moved inside after the fireworks we were able to find a seat overlooking the lake. Enjoyed a few of THE MOST DELICIOUS MOJITOS (made with pineapple rum) while looking at the boats on the water and talking...the sounds of Le Freak playing in the background.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Longview, Texas
“What a Joke”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Most of the indoor seating is reserved for patrons who guarantee they will purchase $200 of food and beverages. My husband and I had no intention of doing so. We were stuck standing. So we left. Not impressed.

• Visited June 2013