“Great waterpark” 5 of 5 stars

Fredericksburg
27 attraction reviews
“Great waterpark”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

If, you are looking for great place to take the kids, this is it! Both the indoor and outdoor pools are great, lots of seating and shade.

Visited June 2014

Houston, Texas
“Poor quality at high prices”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

I agree with the reviewer that said this place is like Vegas for kids - however, the hotels in Vegas are comfortable and the food is good, and that has not been our experience here. Comfort is one of my main goals when traveling and nothing about the great wolf lodge rooms was designed for comfort. The walls are extremely thin, and the halls are extremely noisy until after 11 at night. When a toilet nearby is flushed, it sounds like a roaring freight train in our room. Everything about the interior of the room was cheap and flimsy. The bathroom holds only a toilet and tub, and the sink is situated outside the bathroom in the main part of the room so that washing hands after a bathroom visit in the middle of the night wakes up other family members. We are big hand washers so this is a problem for us. The beds are cheap and uncomfortable, and make so much noise that when i got up in the middle of the night last night,it woke up my daughter in the bed next to me. (Fui i dont usually get up during the night but the bed is so uncomfortable and there is so much noise i dont sleep well here.). the pillows are the worst ive ever seen! ever! I dont usually worry about bringing our own pillows becausenwe stay in expensive hotels, but i see that was a mistake here, We have been all over Texas, the U,S, and Canada and I have never seen such poor quality rooms at this price. This is the fourth water park we have been to, and it is ok. It has been nice to play in a water park without having to put on sunscreen, and we would have come back just for that if the rest of this place weren't so poor quality. The electronic quest games are really stupid. The kids truly do get hooked on the idea of accomplishing the quests and that could be put to good use but that is not the case because the quests have no educational or social/spiritual value at all. The parking is a nightmare, just big huge lots where your car bakes in the Texas sun (even if you valet park!). As noted by others, there are way too few elevators for the crowds staying here, so there are long waits all times of the day. It is also very humid and warm in most of the common areas. There are portable dehumidifiers/fans placed on most floors so im guressing that the hvac is as cheap and poor quality as the beds. The only thing about this place that meets my expectations of a hotel whose rooms cost more than $350/night is that the staff are very friendly and helpful. I don't mind spending this kind of money, but I expect a fair value in return. We will definitely never come here again.

Visited August 2014
Georgetown, Texas
8 attraction reviews
“A Childs Point of View”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

A review of a water park from a over 60 dry land country boy would be very different from a 5 or 6 year old child. From my vantage point everything looked fantastic and costly. The overhead here had to be tremendous and the prices reflected that.
All 3 grandchild had the times of their lives and had an experience that will never be forgotten. And that is what its all about, their experience.
I would have been happy at Motel 6 with a waterhose. But folks, you haven't lived until you see what Great Wolf Lodge has put together. "Wow," will not cover it. Grandkids would rate it super duper and Grandpa would too.
Some points to guide you: its easy to get too, you are allowed to take drinks and food in and there is a very adequate staff to watch your child in the water activities.
This is a camera event.

Eagan, Minnesota
16 attraction reviews
“It's like Vegas, but with kids everywhere!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I spent time here over two days for my nephew's birthday. It was on Saturday/Sunday. I'm not a parent but am good with kids. However, this place was so draining! I'll keep the review brief. The bar upstairs is great, good food and Shiner Bock on tap, it was a great place to hang while everyone else was waiting in line for the water rides. My group had the wings, pot stickers, ribs and a quesadilla. Everyone was pleased with their meal. The rooms are expensive, but have 3 double beds, so there is a great deal of space, so I see why they are the priced so high. Be aware some rooms have two bathrooms and some only have one. The room I spent time in had one bathroom, with no fan for venting, not a good idea!! It has a big eating area/bar counter top a fridge and I think a microwave. The room seemed quiet, but kids are all over the place, so it could get loud. Lastly, the buffet breakfast was not very good at all, even the omelette stations weren't anything good. They use too much oil and the bacon was super greasy and not very tasty. I would not get the buffet breakfast. The place was so busy, the only way to get some quiet time was in Starbucks or your room. So, be warned!!

La Porte, Texas
6 attraction reviews
“Nice waterpark for a hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Most of the activities and slides are available inside so that it is open year round. There are a few slides that require you to be 48 inches or taller but most are 36 inches. Many of the pools are about 3.5 feet deep but there are areas and zero entry pools for babies and toddlers. We enjoyed the waterpark and spent about 2-3 hours there each day of our vacation.