“Great Place for Family Fun” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 13 Attractions in Grapevine
Type: Water Parks, Amusement Parks
Kemp, Texas
14 attraction reviews
“Great Place for Family Fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

We enjoy GWL at least 4x a year. The granddaughters love it! It is a birthday must. They have gone through a lot of changes recently. I liked the old staff and old buffet better but all things "evolve". The staff knows us by name and we feel so welcome when we are there. We are VIP gold band guests. This definitely adds to the experience. The holidays are magical with the "snow" and decorations. If you haven't' experienced GWL; you don't know what you are missing. The themed rooms are too cute. Love the balconies just wish they would enforce the no smoking rule on them. The blow over really ruins the mood when enjoying the view on a balcony and some chimney comes out next door and runs you off with the stench. My biggest complaint is the smoking by the doors especially the front door. If you park in the parking lot; you have to walk through the smoke cloud to get in. That is poor planning on GWL part. They need to move that area and all smoking AWAY from the doors. My child should not have to endure the risk of cancer to enter a fun activity zone. If they would enforce or remove the smoking; 5 stars hands down! Sign up for their email and FB. You will receive coupons that really save on the stay. Looking forward to our next trip!

Visited November 2013

Dallas
30 attraction reviews
“More than a Waterpark”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

Although the Waterpark is great, my kids wanted to run around the hotel and do the Kingdom Quest challenge. They spent hours running up and down stairs and finding all there is. It is an incredible adventure for young kids and they had a great time.

We went off season and mid week, so the crowds were good. I can only imagine the place would be incredibly packed and long waits on other times though.

Visited November 2013
Hillsboro, Oregon
9 attraction reviews
“Kids at Heart”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

My husband was working close by so we with no children decided to stay here for 4 nights. It was nice to go to the Jacuzzi after he got off work and relax. I really loved the idea of an all adult Jacuzzi except it is not in any way enforced. In the 5 days 4 nights we were there children could always be fund in this "adult only" section of the park. We went back when my husband completed phase 2 but did not stay here for this reason. When I am playing in the lazy river or on the slides I do not mind the kiddos. Don't get me wrong I love kids but why advertise an adult only section, a place we thought would be a nice place to unwind if that is not what you will be enforcing and know it just isn't so.

Visited July 2013
Allyn, Washington
“Fun trip, but very concerned about air quality”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

This was our second trip to Great Wolfe Lodge in Wa. The resort was great the kids had lots of fun. BUT after the first visit my boys both ended up very ill, with serious lung infections. My 1 year old was hospitalized. I did not connect the lung problems with out stay at the resort until our most recent visit. Again the very same thing boys are very sick again with the same problems. After doing some research online it seams this is fairly common. I wish I would have been informed by the resort about the possible problems. They really need to work on this problem. It goes back to 2007 with a rather big investigation.

Visited January 2014
San Angelo, Texas
“Great stay!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

We stayed at the Great Wolf Lodge for our first time for Christmas. Overall experience was very nice. Our wait to check in was about 15 minutes, but once we got up to the registration line, it was simple. Although, we did have to get back in line to inquire about adding money to our bracelets. Did enjoy not having to carry room keys or money around the lodge.

We stayed in the Grizzly Bear Suite and the room was spacious enough for 6 adults and two little ones; did request 2 roll away beds. I would have to say the biggest disappointment was the water temperature in the water park area. The most time we spent in the water park area over a total of 3 days was about 6 hours. We would like to go back, but maybe when it gets a little warmer.

Visited December 2013