“We'd be happy even if this were the only restaurant in DFW!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 215 Restaurants in Grapevine
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: This restaurant just opened up in May 2012. It is part of the Pappadeaux chain. Phone #: 817-488-6220. Manager: Elliott Curry.
Lake Dallas, Texas
“We'd be happy even if this were the only restaurant in DFW!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

That's a bold claim, I recognize, but seriously, we keep coming back because, well, we just never get better food anywhere else! The Stuffed Shrimp Montage I had last night was one of the most delicious meals I've had anywhere! I haven't had better coconut shrimp since the 80's.

Add to great food the servers (we're partial to Jasmyne, Samuel, and Taylor), who seem to be having a great time, and come by to say HI when we aren't even in their stations! The managers we've gotten to know (Elliot, Matt, and Elizabeth), do the same thing! The food is fabulous, and the portions make for 2-3 meals later in the week, so it's a great value. We've gone there every couple of weeks since July, 2012 and we take everyone there first when they visit, straight from the airport!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

TEXAS
“Oysters were sensational!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

Pappadeaux's was packed on a Friday night and our service was pretty slow.
The Gulf Coast Oysters on the Half Shell were big and so delicious! One oyster was the size of a Saltine cracker. We enjoyed one of their signature drinks: Swampthings. Very refreshing.
I was a little disappointed for the first time with the sauce on the Mississippi Catfish Opelousas. It used to be covered in lump crabmeat, but this time there were only 2 small pieces of crab on top. The lemon garlic butter sauce was dark red and was over spiced. I was not happy with the the sauce, but the catfish was good.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“You pay for what you get...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

It is pricey. Let me go ahead and throw that out there but the experience was unprecedented. Very amazing. Great service!!! The food had very very large helpings so it in some way also justifies the price. It made me feel better to pay 30.00 and have my plate overflowing ... I can love with that compared to other swanky restaurants with small portions. But anyways we went when they were having their Mardi Gras party and the servers passed out beads, they had a live band, and the place was packed out. It was an amazing experience and definitely raised the bar for a dining experience.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas
“When you need a great Cajun seafood fix, no better place.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

When you need a great Cajun seafood fix, no better place.

UPDATE: Old friends came into town the following weekend from the birthday review below...yes, they wanted to go to Pappadeaux's, so off we went again, two visits, same place in 7 days.

Did Seafood Gumbo this time, good, but the Andouille Sausage Gumbo is really the standard to beat. Wife and I split the large fried shrimp platter, we never get fried seafood, but honestly, that was some of the best shrimp I have had in many years, the accompanying fries, just fries. Friends did Crawfish Etoufee and Mahi Alexander, both said they were excellent, as expected. So, whether you pick the traditional Cajun or fried seafood, you win.

===================================================

Family birthday event for three on a Friday night around 6PM, just beat the crowds.

Gumbo with Andouille sausage to start, never disappoints.

Wife and I split Texas Redfish Pontchartrain, at $32 plenty for two folks, fresh, tasty and spot on; son got the Costa Rican Mahi Alexander, an old favorite, which is always a hit, hard to beat, both with dirty rice.

While it was not crowded when we arrived, wait for food was a bit longer than usual after the apps arrived, but was not too worrisome. Server was polite and helpful.

To top it off, the birthday girl chose the Turtle Fudge Brownie with vanilla ice cream. Wow! That is one MASSIVE and RICH dessert, it took three people to try to finish it off, and we spent a long time nibbling away….but it was worth it. (More reps and longer time at the gym required!)

At Pappadeaux's, you know it will be lively and a bit loud at times, along with being a bit pricey, but for consistent quality and large portions, it keeps people coming back year and year. And yes, we too will be back again.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Colleyville, Texas
“Great manager”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

My friend treated me to lunch at this restaurant last week (Jan. 31). We both ordered a shrimp dish. However, when mine came it had a lot of black pepper on it. I was just getting over bronchitis and when I took the first bite, I choked because of the pepper.

Although I was embarrassed, I called the waitress over and explained that I just couldn't eat the food because of the pepper. She was very apologetic and suggested a different item. This time I asked for a Caesar Salad.

Before the salad arrived, the manager came and apologized profusely. Further, when the salad arrived it was enormous. I'm sure they made it larger because of my problem with the first item. Again the manager stopped by to be sure it was O.K.

Because the salad was so large I was able to eat less than half of it. The waitress suggested a take home box which I accepted. Again the manager came to the table to apologize and make sure I was happy.

This manager went out of her way and did everything possible to make my meal more enjoyable. She deserves recognition.

• Visited January 2014