I did not have high hopes when I left for my trip due to some reviews here, but I came back to post because I really enjoyed my conference!
The food was amazing! A little pricey, but appropriate and quite memorable. Restaurant staff and bar tenders were all very friendly and I had excellent service and food in Ama Lur and the Riverwalk Cafe. Didn't have a good waitress in the sports bar at lunch one day, but the chicken caesar salad was one of the best I've ever had.
The bed was quite comfortable. Showers don't have a lot of pressure but were perfectly adequate. I could hear a woman sneezing just a few times in the next room, but otherwise it was very quiet. I was on the ground floor on the west side of the resort - very convenient to the conference. Not far from the lobby.
Service was great. I used the Consider It Done button on the phone when I arrived to find feather pillows which I'm allergic to. They promptly brought different soft, foam pillows.
I enjoyed the pool and steam room one morning and got ready in the spa area which is part of your resort fee. The locker room is strangely in view of the spa waiting area where people are dressed which was a bit odd. And you have to go out in a public area just slightly from the pool to get back to the lockers.
The conference facilities were nice - not too cold like many are. They are a bit of a long walk from the main hotel but that gave me a chance to stretch my legs at times.
Other than for a conference or for an event in the area, I wouldn't think of it as a destination by itself, but I really enjoyed walking around the courtyard and enjoyed the entertainers there also.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You'll arrive through a ranch-style archway surrounded by rolling pastureland. Along the way, rugged canyon walls rise steadily to frame your first glimpse of the breathtaking new Gaylord. Sitting high on a bluff overlooking the glistening waters of Lake Grapevine, just eight minutes from D/FW International Airport, this awe-inspiring resort welcomes you to an authentic Texas experience. From the colorful Riverwalk and wide-open Texas Hill Country to the aura of Southwest-style architecture and the majestic Rio-Grande, its all here under our signature glass dome. Here, we offer state-of-the-art convention and meeting facilities, endless entertainment, World-class spa & fitness center, lavish guest rooms and our tradition of unsurpassed hospitality. Everything in on place so you can have it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Marriott, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord Texan Hotel Grapevine
- Gaylord Texan Resort And Convention Center
- Gaylord Texas Resort
- Gaylord Texas Hotel
- The Gaylord Texan
- Gaylord Texan Grapevine
- Gaylord Texan Resort Convention Center
- Gaylord Grapevine