I was at the Gaylord for a conference. The hotel and the conference facilities are amazing. I got lucky with my room, which was on the 9th floor with an outdoor balcony overlooking the lake. I made full use of the fitness centre, pools, restaurant and bars; I was not disappointed at all. I felt welcomed and comfortable during my stay. (Not sure about the wifi - it was free for us because of the conference)
But why did I give only 4 stars? The staff. The main hotel staff were fabulous, extremely helpful. However there was a small minority who overstepped the mark. A few of the catering staff appeared to be over anxious and unapologetic at all times. Whisking a way unfinished plates of food without asking if we were finished. I had a serving plate taken away when I was in the process of getting food from it. On one occasion a bar staff member made a comment about how we must earn a lot to be staying at the hotel! Then there was the vacuuming the hallway outside the rooms at 7am; who does that?
Also, beware of the transport staff at the front. We were quoted a ridiculous price for a taxi to Dallas and Forth Worth. When we asked the concierge, he ordered a taxi at half that price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You'll arrive through a ranch-style archway surrounded by rolling pastureland. Along the way, rugged canyon walls rise steadily to frame your first glimpse of the breathtaking new Gaylord. Sitting high on a bluff overlooking the glistening waters of Lake Grapevine, just eight minutes from D/FW International Airport, this awe-inspiring resort welcomes you to an authentic Texas experience. From the colorful Riverwalk and wide-open Texas Hill Country to the aura of Southwest-style architecture and the majestic Rio-Grande, its all here under our signature glass dome. Here, we offer state-of-the-art convention and meeting facilities, endless entertainment, World-class spa & fitness center, lavish guest rooms and our tradition of unsurpassed hospitality. Everything in on place so you can have it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Priceline, Travelocity, Reservation Counter, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Venere and Otel so you can book your Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord Texan Resort And Convention Center
- Gaylord Texan Hotel Grapevine
- Gaylord Texas Resort
- Gaylord Texas Hotel
- The Gaylord Texan
- Gaylord Texan Grapevine
- Gaylord Texan Resort Convention Center
- Gaylord Grapevine