“Very Enjoyable Fourth” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center

You added Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center to your Saves list
Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   1501 Gaylord Trail, Grapevine, TX 76051   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Lone Star Christmas
Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Grapevine
Houston, Texas
“Very Enjoyable Fourth”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We spent the weekend of the 4th at the Gaylord and had a great time! We did not go to the water park on the property, but we did spend the day at the resort's outdoor pool. We had reserved a cabana for the day and it was well worth the money! Jon was our poolside server and he was great. Always checking to make sure that we had what we wanted or needed. He was really pleasant and lots of fun. The food poolside was good as well. We ate at the Texas Grill a couple of times. Our second visit was better than the first and I think it was because Mark was our server. We were watching the World Cup and he just made sure that we enjoyed our meal and never made us feel rushed. We had three rooms for the weekend all on the same floor; however, only one of our rooms got a note from the room attendants and towels folded into shapes. This was a nice touch and made it special. So thank you to Alex and Bertila on the 3rd floor. On the evening of the 4th we went to to the Glass Cactus to watch the fireworks. This was a wonderful place to spend the Fourth because they shoot the fireworks off over the lake and the view is great. We had reserved a table out on the patio for the evening and had drinks and appetizers, which were really good. The only problem we had was our table must have been in storage because there were spider webs and spiders all over it. Our server, Lisa was awesome. She tried to clean the spiders off herself, but once she realized that it was futile, she went and got the manager and they replaced the table. She did a great job! That night at the Glass Cactus they had the band Le Freak playing which was lots of fun and capped off a really nice Fourth of July Celebration!!! Overall, we really enjoyed staying at the Gaylord. All of the common areas are well kept and they have free shuttles to all of the attractions on the property. We would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (704)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights. My husband and I and our two preschool children. My only advice is to pack walking shoes!! This place is huge and everything is wide spread. My only suggestion to the resort staff is to be more helpful and detailed when giving directions to places within the resort. The resort is beautiful and well maintained. Our double queen room was a good size for us. I could easily stay here for 3-4 days and not leave the resort grounds. There are winding jogging trails for scenic morning runs. A night time stroll thru the atrium is a must. Their in grounds "water park" isnt that big but serves the purpose of entertaining kids and adults alike for several hours. The zip line is about 20 feet long and the height requirement is to reach 72" with your hand. Kids must be 48" to ride the slide. There are waiters that will bring you food and drinks (resort priced food and drinks) macho nachos were delicious. Check for various kids activities and entertainment. We definitely will be back.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Due to a delay in the construction of our new home, my family and I had to stay at the Gaylord for 9 nights. Two adults in one room, three kids in another. As you might imagine we definitely were not looking forward to being temporarily displace, particularly at a huge convention hotel. Not so fast...

We were greeted at check in by Ryan, who was outstanding in understanding our situation and doing his best to accommodate us with larger rooms in more quiet areas of the hotel. In addition, he went above and beyond to explain the amenities and other accommodations they offered to make our stay more pleasant. He was professional and went all-out on our behalf.

Throughout our stay every interaction with the staff and management was professional, courteous, and service oriented. The individuals are obviously well trained and dedicated to making their guest's time at the hotel perfect.

Even at check out, due to the uncertainty of our house actually closing a fine young man named Ray offered, unsolicited, to give my kids late check out and also checked to see if rooms were available that night in the event our home didn't close (fortunately it did!). Thanks Ray!!!

Our entire family had an enjoyable, flawless stay....which is amazing given that the Gaylord is HUGE and accommodates thousands of guest per week.

Thanks again Gaylord, and well done! We've recommended your hotel our realtor and builder in the event other homebuyers need a temporary home.

Room Tip: West end, first floor was very quiet, even in light of the hundreds of cheerleaders staying in the a...
Hustontown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Everything at this hotel is wonderful, It's spotless, service is excellent and fast, staff is accommodating and friendly. We stayed in an atrium room with a balcony, it was wonderful.
Paradise Springs their outdoor water park was a great place to hang out with the kids, they even have an area just for toddler. You get 2 free bottles of water a day and there are activities going on throughout the hotel
Cons: Expensive, not saying it's not worth it but the price can be pretty steep. The rooms are not that expensive but everything else is. Self parking $17 +tax a day, resort fee $18+ tax a day.The food is expensive, we ate at Texan Station, it was expensive but good and big portions. This hotel is so huge you will get lost at least twice! Checkout is at 11 and if your not out they'll charge you a $250.
Great overall experience, we will go back.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Booked 2 rooms for an overnight party for my daughters 10th birthday. I normally wouldn't book such an elaborate stay but she always asks me if we can go stay at a hotel, swim, and order room service so I thought this would be a nice treat for everyone. It was just myself and 3 girls. We visited the Paradise Springs water park twice, the girls had a blast in the lazy river as well as the water slide. There were lifeguards everywhere so I didn't worry about them once as they went off on their own. Enjoyed a glass of wine from their full bar pool side (they also serve food and kid friendly treats such as snow cones) .....we ordered room service for dinner, everything we ordered exceeded my expectations. They forgot my daughters fruit cup and the server noticed we were celebrating a birthday so he brought back some desserts for the girls as a birthday surprise as well as the fruit cup! This overnight stay outdid the 7 day vacation we recently had taken which was 4 times the expense. There was a discrepancy with the billing due to me being unaware of the financial holds when using a debit card.....FYI, this is due to the newer employee at check in whom didn't make me aware of the hold you accrue when using your debit vs credit card. The hotel does have a form for you to become aware and sign stating you understand, however the employee just missed that part. It completely messed up my bank account! When I went to the front desk I spoke with Marlene. She went over everything with me, was very very empathetic to my situation, which made all the difference to me in how I handled the miscommunication. I appreciated her and how she handled it, I wasn't a happy camper but her way of explaining and resolving it I was more than appreciative. Although the financial issue was a huge issue, I give the hotel 5 stars. Everything exceeded my expectation, the rooms, the brunch at the Riverwalk, Freddy in Room service, the water park...everything! Will be back before summer is over however next time will be a mommy only weekend so I can float the river with the drink in hand :)

Room Tip: We had a standard non atrium view room. Didn't mind it one bit.
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We arrived around 2:30. After waiting 35 minutes to check in we were told we had 4 rooms to choose from or could wait an undetermined amount of time. This wasn't a discounted rate. And we have stayed w Gaylord/Marriott ALOT!
All is all a decent stay. We enjoyed the new water park, ate at the restaurants. Bar service at paradise springs was awful. The female bartender totally ignored us time and time again to wait on her friends and men. Our daughters enjoyed it. But, if the staff would have acted like they cared it would have been better. Not sure our annual girls weekend will be back.

• Stayed July 2014
GaylordTexanResort, Customer Care Specialist at Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
wrknmomnfl,

Thank you for providing your review in regards of your past stay at our resort. Our team strives to provide a comfortable environment to all of our guest. On behalf of Gaylord Texan, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the room delay and the service at Paradise Springs. I have passed this information to our management to evaluate procedures and assure we are providing memorable stays to all our guest. We do appreciate your review and hope you have a wonderful day.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

What a great place! Awesome staff and grounds! The food at all the restaurants was fabulous. Wonderful workout facility! Loved the saltwater pool and of course the kids lovvvvved the water park what a fun weekend. We loved seeing all the unique features of different areas of Texas under one roof. Cool replica tree also!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
GaylordTexanResort, Customer Care Specialist at Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Denita L,

Thank you for staying at our resort! We are so glad to know you had an amazing stay! We hope you get to come back soon!

Been to Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center? Share your experiences!