“Great Weekend Getaway” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center

Bookmark
You added Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center to your Saves list
Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   1501 Gaylord Trail, Grapevine, TX 76051   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Lone Star Christmas
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Grapevine
Dallas, Texas
“Great Weekend Getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

This was our second time to stay here. We celebrated an anniversary 2 years ago and then again now. We live in town and love the convenience of the Gaylord. Paradise Springs water park is a huge selling point for us. It's a great amenity! It's very clean and pretty. (Make sure to wear shoes if you walk around the park. The cement was EXTREMELY hot!)
We also ate at Zeppole both times and really liked it. Service and food was really good. It's pricey, but that's how resorts go, I guess. The Cantina wasn't good the first time we were here, but this time we ate breakfast here and it was good.
Our room was nice and spacious. It was just very far away from the front entrance. Actually, though I decided I liked it being a little far out because it was quiet and not in the hustle and bustle.
There was a nice guy from South Africa at the front desk who we actually dealt with 3 times. He was very nice, professional, and accommodating!
One suggestion is to stay during the week if possible. The difference in the crowd from Saturday to Sunday is drastic!

• Stayed July 2014
GaylordTexanResort, Customer Care Specialist at Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
emilydfw,

Happy anniversary from the Gaylord Texan Team! Thank you for providing your review online in regards of your stay with us. Our team strives to improve our services, and we are glad your second time at Riverwalk Cantina was good! We appreciate you staying at our resort and we hope you get to come back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (678)
  • Polish first
Irving, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

The property is gorgeous with lots to do onsite - dining, water park with lazy river, nightclub with live music, video game room, shopping. Resort is well maintained and the staff are friendly and accommodating. My only complaint is the negotiating that takes a place in order to secure the room that you reserved. Hotel staff will try to give you a lessor room unless you become assertive.

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor room in the Lone Star atrium
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
GaylordTexanResort, Customer Care Specialist at Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
jbltex,

On behalf of Gaylord Texan, I would like to thank you for staying at our resort. We appreciate you taking the time to write your review and we are glad you had a great time. We hope you get to visit soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

The hotel is beautiful and we had a great time but service was mediocre. Paradise springs was a blast and I highly recommend spending your days there. Zeppole (the italian restaurant) was the worse meal I've ever had. Service was terrible. It took over an hour to get our food which caused us to run late. We wanted to cancel our order but couldnt find our server to do so. The food was very mediocre as well. We got mussels and almost every shell came empty. The server did not even apologize for the terrible service. $150 dollars later for my husband, my 8 year old and me... we were not very pleased to say the least. Do not go to Zeppole!!!! Room service and the riverwalk cantina were much better. The riverwalk cantina has great Margaritas. But check your bill when you leave... they tried to put another tables dinner on our bill as well. They took it off, but it was an inconvenience. If you go make sure you get an atrium view room

Room Tip: Must get an atrium view
Green Features: Have to request more soap and for sheets to be changed
Kelly T,

Thank you for staying at our resort and providing your review! On behalf of Gaylord Texan, I would like to apologize for the experience you had at our Zeppole restaurant. I passed this information to our Zeppole Managers to review with their team. Your feedback will help us improve our services. Please feel free to email me directly at Tfeedbackmailbox@gaylordhotels.com if you need further assistance. Thank you again, and hope you have a lovely day.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

This is my second time staying in this hotel. Plenty of things to keep anybody busy. We stay on the 6th floor overlooking the atrium. Real nice view of the Atrium. It was spacious enough & had everything we needed.They coffee machine, safe deposit box. Room service for breakfast was easy & the portions are big. We went to the Cactus night club that Saturday night. The Emerald city band was playing that night. This group is amazing!!!! Lots of energy. Keep the crowd dancing. I got this group on my schedule for August 30. The club is huge. Plenty of space to dance even when its crowded. we had fun, & made great memories. Anyone coming here should expect to pay a good price tag attached to everything. Definitely not cheap & quite possibly over-hyped but I cannot complain about the luxury. You pay from $17 parking to resort fees. Restaurant are very expensive in the hotel. I would suggest to eat outside. You will save a lot of money. Grapevine mall is just 2 miles away with plenty of restaurant. Good get away for people looking to have a vacation not too far from home.

Room Tip: Choose room overlooking the atrium
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

We visited the Gaylord Texan this past weekend and everything was great!! The front desk agent who checked us in was very kind and helpful. From the moment we drove up to valet to the day we checked out, all the staff were glad to assist us. The kids loved the hotel pool and they especially loved the water park! We extended a night and the front desk was happy to accommodate our request to stay another night! We can't wait to visit again!!! Great job to the front desk agent who assisted us, please recognize him as a awesome associate!!

Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Stayed at the hotel for 4 days so my daughter could attend a dance convention - last day of our stay we were approved for late check out (1pm) - at 10:30am I packed up all of our things except for the food/drinks we were preparing for our dancers (we made lunches for them everyday). I also left my purse in the room along with a small bag. It took me about 20-25 minutes to return to my room and to my surprise, the cleaning lady was there - she was cleaning the bathroom, had made the beds and scooped up all our food and put it all in trash bags and set it outside the room. I explained to her that we had late check out and all she did was shrug her shoulders. She did mention that security had taken my purse and I could retrieve it at the front desk. Get to the front desk - I explained what transpired - front desk supervisor (Amanda) confirmed that we were scheduled for late check out. She then called security - they returned my purse. i asked what was going to be done about the food situation and she said she couldn't do anything about it. i showed her the bag and asked her if she would want someone to feed her child that food. I asked if we could get a voucher for a pizza from the Italian restaurant and she refused. So needless to say, my dancers didn't get fed and the customer service sucked at such a prestige hotel. Up until this point, i thought i wanted to definitely come back, but now, i would rather go to Great Wolf Lodge.

Midland, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Gaylord Texan is a breathtaking atrium hotel that truly makes you feel like you are in Texas, very impressive architecture. We have stayed here numerous times when we visit metroplex when wanting a resort experience. We were pleasantly surprised with the room renovations-new carpet, tile, grout, bedding, paint, etc. We had a few minor issues with our room - no ironing board, took 2 days to deliver one; had to ask for the complimentary water that comes with resort fee; the safe did not work - reported first day - never was fixed. The breakfast on Riverwalk was wonderful - great food and especially great atmosphere by the water-expensive but worth it! The waterpark is just OK - definitely an upgrade from just a pool. The zipline is a treat. Less than 1/4 of people in Lazy River could have tubes - most just walked through it - definitely need to expand and supply sufficient tubes. Water was cold - most resorts heat and maintain comfortable water temperatures - we were disappointed with the waterpark experience.

Room Tip: Rooms with outdoor views are cheaper at this hotel. Ask to look over Grapevine Lake.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center? Share your experiences!