This was our second time to stay here. We celebrated an anniversary 2 years ago and then again now. We live in town and love the convenience of the Gaylord. Paradise Springs water park is a huge selling point for us. It's a great amenity! It's very clean and pretty. (Make sure to wear shoes if you walk around the park. The cement was EXTREMELY hot!)
We also ate at Zeppole both times and really liked it. Service and food was really good. It's pricey, but that's how resorts go, I guess. The Cantina wasn't good the first time we were here, but this time we ate breakfast here and it was good.
Our room was nice and spacious. It was just very far away from the front entrance. Actually, though I decided I liked it being a little far out because it was quiet and not in the hustle and bustle.
There was a nice guy from South Africa at the front desk who we actually dealt with 3 times. He was very nice, professional, and accommodating!
One suggestion is to stay during the week if possible. The difference in the crowd from Saturday to Sunday is drastic!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You'll arrive through a ranch-style archway surrounded by rolling pastureland. Along the way, rugged canyon walls rise steadily to frame your first glimpse of the breathtaking new Gaylord. Sitting high on a bluff overlooking the glistening waters of Lake Grapevine, just eight minutes from D/FW International Airport, this awe-inspiring resort welcomes you to an authentic Texas experience. From the colorful Riverwalk and wide-open Texas Hill Country to the aura of Southwest-style architecture and the majestic Rio-Grande, its all here under our signature glass dome. Here, we offer state-of-the-art convention and meeting facilities, endless entertainment, World-class spa & fitness center, lavish guest rooms and our tradition of unsurpassed hospitality. Everything in on place so you can have it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Marriott, Priceline, Hotels.com, Reservation Counter, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord Texan Hotel Grapevine
- Gaylord Texan Resort And Convention Center
- Gaylord Texas Resort
- Gaylord Texas Hotel
- The Gaylord Texan
- Gaylord Texan Grapevine
- Gaylord Texan Resort Convention Center
- Gaylord Grapevine