I have to say this hotel was above my expectations. The hotel was clean and beautiful. Basically, everything is inside the atrium. Everything was easy to get to except that some rooms are located down long hallways. There is a small outdoor pool right off the atrium that sprays water near the bar area. There were many waitresses and waiters circling around so you never had to wait for a drink or food. There was also an indoor pool for those rainy days. This place is suited for both couples and families. Couples could enjoy a romantic evening dining at The Old Hickory Steakhouse. It was a little pricy but well worth it. If you are into sports, there is a huge television screen in the sports bar both inside and outside the bar. In addition, there are several televisions so I'm sure you'll find that certain game you were looking for. If you feel like dancing, there is a nightclub not far from the atrium. You could walk but there is a shuttle that runs frequently.
If you have children, they would enjoy some of the characters that stroll in the atrium. For example, they had a guy entertaining the children with a dog puppet and a clown. They will love the watermark. It is just the right size to keep the kids busy. There is a lazy river. However, you must take the shuttle to get there. It is too far to walk. That's the only drawback. It is located near the front entrance.
The hotel has shuttle service into a small, quaint town called Grapevine. You will have to pay a small fee. In addition, they have there own taxis so you don't have to worry about getting somewhere safely.
Overall, the place is spectacular! I would definitely go back.
If you do decide to go, have fun!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You'll arrive through a ranch-style archway surrounded by rolling pastureland. Along the way, rugged canyon walls rise steadily to frame your first glimpse of the breathtaking new Gaylord. Sitting high on a bluff overlooking the glistening waters of Lake Grapevine, just eight minutes from D/FW International Airport, this awe-inspiring resort welcomes you to an authentic Texas experience. From the colorful Riverwalk and wide-open Texas Hill Country to the aura of Southwest-style architecture and the majestic Rio-Grande, its all here under our signature glass dome. Here, we offer state-of-the-art convention and meeting facilities, endless entertainment, World-class spa & fitness center, lavish guest rooms and our tradition of unsurpassed hospitality. Everything in on place so you can have it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Despegar.com, Marriott, Reservation Counter and Tingo so you can book your Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord Texan Hotel Grapevine
- Gaylord Texan Resort And Convention Center
- Gaylord Texas Resort
- Gaylord Texas Hotel
- The Gaylord Texan
- Gaylord Texan Grapevine
- Gaylord Texan Resort Convention Center
- Gaylord Grapevine