“Fantastic business trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center

Save Saved
You added Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center to your Saves list
Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   1501 Gaylord Trail, Grapevine, TX 76051   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
$50 nightly credit
Ranked #13 of 18 hotels in Grapevine
“Fantastic business trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

I travel 160 days per year on business and 30 days for vacation, and I stay at all levels of hotels. This hotel is special! The Old Hickory Steakhouse was one of the best steakhouses I've ever dined. President GW Bush was the keynote speaker at the trade show and the hotel handled the event with ease. The last night of our trade show there was a party at the Glass Cactus and the outdoor deck, drinks and dinner was just wonderful. The room was spacious and clean. The only problem I had was room 1159 has the air conditioner vent blowing directly at the head of the bed and so I had to shut it off to sleep. Other than that, great job to the staff and ownership!

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
GaylordTexanResort, Customer Care Specialist at Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Doordealer,

On behalf of the Gaylord Texan team, I want to thank you for providing your review in regards of your stay. It is so exciting you were able to enjoy your stay with the convention you attended and also dine at our Old Hickory Steakhouse. Hopefully you get to visit us again.

2,136 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (623)
  • Polish first
Jacksonville, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

We began our trip 6:05 on 3/2 am flying into Dallas to catch a connecting flight to Nassau. At 8:45 AA decides to cancel some 200 flights (mind you no other airline canceled any flights that morning out of DFW) an kept us in a line for 3 hrs. to tell us we were going to fly out on 3/3 at 11:20 by way of Miami. Been looking for a place on here to review this airline but haven't found it yet, that's another story though, just going to say there rating would be in the negatives. Sorry about that, back to this review, AA told us they would give us a voucher to stay at the comfort inn and we would only have to pay $70.00 plus tax and fees.

I got on my tablet and went to Priceline entered name your own price DFW north or south and $70.00 and to my surprise got the Gaylord Texan. They were very nice and helpful as we had no luggage and toiletries. We have stayed here before sometime back and have always enjoyed it. You can shop, enjoy the sights, and eat at several different restaurants with never leaving the resort and going outside. Which in itself was a blessing as we were dressed for Nassau and it was ice and freezing rain outside and 17*.

Just want to say thank you to the Gaylord for adding some pleasantness to a very bad start to our vacation.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Elyria, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

The Gaylord's know how to do things right. Have stayed in Nashville and now Texas. Fabulous service, great food and just an all around fun place to stay. Enjoyed it so much second visit I took my sister and daughter with me when I went for a conference and stayed an extra day!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Lisa0126,

On behalf of Gaylord Texan, I want to thank you for staying at our resort! We are so pleased you had a wonderful time at our property and also that you were able to come back with your sister! We hope you get to visit soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for a convention. The hotel is very close to DFW airport, I took the super shuttle. The hotel is huge ( not as big as the one in Nashville though) my room was basically located above the reception area overlooking the atrium which was very nice. The room was huge, clean and comfortable. The only noise heard was in the hallway. Every door that shuts you hear loudly. The convention center is a good walk from the rooms, but since it is all enclosed no problem, but wear comfortable shoes. Lots of restaurants and shops..ate at the old hickory steakhouse which was nice. Coffee shop was convenient but the breakfast food was something to be desired. We had an event at the glass cactus and it is a 5 minute walk, no need yo take the shuttle.

The convention rate was $200 per nite, but they failed to state that there was a daily $18 resort fee and a tax on the resort fee (resort fee includes two bottles of water, internet access, etc) parking fees of $17 per day and a tax on parking fees , and multiple city and state taxes on the rooms. So my three nite stay ended up having an extra $200 in fees and taxes. So be prepared to pay$$

Would stay again but only if I prepared fir the costs.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2012dae,

Thank you for staying at Gaylord Texan and providing your review in regards of your stay. It is great news you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to provide an amazing view with your room. I have contacted our guest care and front desk managers to review with their team about distributing all fees information to all of our guests. We hope you get to come back!
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

The property is gigantic. I was there for a business conference so I can't comment on the cost, etc. The rooms were nice, good size, and the large number of bars and restaurants give plenty of choices. It's like a mini city on the property. Take a walk or a jog on the property, it's a pleasant layout. The reason why it doesn't rate five stars is the service. I arrived after 3 but my room wasn't ready, the next day, after my business day was over the room had not been made up even by 3:30, and when I requested a late checkout, and I'm a Marriott Silver member, I was told that the best they could do for me was a noon late check out. It's a short distance to DFW, which was helpful. One other negative is that the walls seem thin, you could hear a lot in the hall and adjoining room.

Room Tip: I had a room that faced in to the atrium, I probably would have preferred looking outside. Facing t...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
GaylordTexanResort, Customer Care Specialist at Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
socaltraveller18,

Thank you for providing your review in regards of your stay. On behalf of Gaylord Texan we want to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the delay at check-in and your request for late check-out. I will pass this information to our housekeeping and front desk teams so we can speed the process at check-in and improve our service. Thank you again, and we hope you get to come back soon.
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

I stayed in the Orlando Gaylord the year before & my experience was just ok so I was dreading this location. I was pleasantly surprised at how much better this location is.
The rooms were nice & comparable to Orlando.
It is the food & the service at this location that sets it above the other.
Old Hickory, Glass Cactus, Cafe & the sports bar - really good.
The resort is massive but it works better than the Orlando location. Maybe because people were friendlier the entire resort seemed better.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Vicandfawn,

Thank you for providing your review in regards of your stay! We are so excited you had a great time here at the Texan. We hope you get to come back soon!
michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

I recently had the opportunity to stay at the Gaylord Texan Resort during a conference trip and it was a wonderful experience. My room was large, comfortable, updated and overlooking a lake.
The hotel staff was very responsive and informative regarding the hotel and the surrounding areas. There was a great nature path for jogging and plenty of room to just wander. The hotel design has a manmade creek setting meandering through the hotel. There are 4 restaurants in the hotel and a very upscale night club called the Glass Cactus on the grounds. I would love to stay at this hotel again when I'm in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Well worth the trip!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
GaylordTexanResort, Customer Care Specialist at Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Jerdc,

On behalf of Gaylord Texan, I want to thank you for staying at our resort. Our goal is to accommodate all of our guest and it is great news to us your stay was to your satisfaction. We hope you get to come back to DFW and enjoy our resort again!

Been to Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center? Share your experiences!