“Gaylord is Good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center

Save Saved
You added Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center to your Saves list
Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   1501 Gaylord Trail, Grapevine, TX 76051   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
$50 nightly credit
Ranked #13 of 18 hotels in Grapevine
Clear Lake City, Texas
“Gaylord is Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

Just spent a night at the Gaylord Texan in Grapevine for a company conference. This is almost the perfect place for such events. Would highly recommend this to anybody when it comes to business conference types of events. It would also be a very good place to have a large family reunion or maybe even a wedding.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
GaylordTexanResort, Customer Care Specialist at Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Joe C,

Thank you so much for letting us know your experience through your online review. On behalf of Gaylord Texan, I am pleased to know you had a great stay. We do hope we get to see you soon!

2,141 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (625)
  • Polish first
Shreveport, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

i would love to stay and come back here again, it is a li bit pricey but it is worth it. My family which i have two grown kids a 23yr old son and 18 yr old daughter enjoyed our stay. My review is too late, we stayed in this hotel last year. I would'nt recommend for you to have the valet parking, because it will cost you per night stay for $10 i think(almost forgot) so what we did is just do our private parking. When you go in, make sure you get the arm band for your access to the water park and never to loose it, in case it was torn off, just show it them and they will replace it with a new one, a bus will take you to their water park, love the water park, very cozy and private, and I would say, and noticed a lot of rich business people with family were there, noticed europian, and some other nationalities too. staff are polite. inside the big convention hotel center were retaurants from mexican, american and italian. The inside pool were big and easy to access, secured and love the locations, they have two inside pool. You will see the atrium was gorgeous and stunning!! love, love, love it! highly recommended!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
GaylordTexanResort, Customer Care Specialist at Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
cezeal,

Thank you so much for staying at our resort and providing your review. We are glad you were able to enjoy your stay with your family last year during the summer. We do hope you get to come this Summer and enjoy Paradise Springs! Thank you again for your review.
Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

NOT HAPPY! My husband and I have stayed at the Gaylord approximately 15 times over the last 3 years. It is a close getaway for us and we have always enjoyed our visits until this past weekend. We booked a King Room for 279.00 with a $100.00 resort credit. Arrived at 315 to check in and were told that our room hadn't been cleaned yet and we could upgrade for 40.00 to an atrium view room or wait and receive a text when the room was ready. We opted to wait but 2 hours later, we still hadn't been contacted. Returned to the check in desk and were directed to a second location where we were told again the room wasn't clean yet. The attendant offered to "radio" housekeeping for a time estimate and when he returned said there was a room now available-not the one we had originally checked into. We took the keys and found our room in the back corner of the hotel. It was cramped and crummy and not particularly clean. Not the standard we expect when staying at the Gaylord. No one was very apologetic--just tried to get us to upgrade. I personally was very disappointed that we weren't upgraded at no charge due to the delay. When we saw our bill 2 days later on our bank statement--we were shocked. Not only had we not received the 100.00 resort credit which would've covered our meal, but were also overcharged by 95.00. When my husband called to try to resolve the issue, the person on the phone was exceedingly rude but did credit our card back for the correct amount. The service, cleanliness and positive atmosphere has gone down hill since Marriott bought the Gaylord. I'm sure we will give it another change since it is a convenient getaway-but if it's this bad again, will be scratching it off our list.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Staci B,

Thank you so much for providing your feedback towards your stay. On behalf of Gaylord Texan I want to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced this past weekend. Our front desk tries their best to accommodate our guests during their stay and I've passed on this information to the Front Desk manager for further training with our agents. Please feel free to email me directly at tfeedbackmailbox@gaylordhotels.com so I can better assist you. Thank you again and hope you have a great day!
Hartsville, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Just a brief follow-up to my review last year of the resort.

I went into the reservation knowing the trouble I had last year in booking a room with a king bed, so I deliberately made a request again for this trip. Upon checking in, they once again could not give my wife and I a king bed room.

Out of the many rooms they have on-site, I simply cannot understand how not one kind bed room couldn't be available, especially when the guest requested one several months prior? For this alone I have to deduct a star. Simply no reason for this to be a continuing issue!

That said, the front desk worker did her "best" and at the very least "upgraded" us into a two-queen bed room with a balcony that overlooked the scenic courtyard areas. This is compared to my first stay's view of a bleak rear parking lot! Kudos for at least giving us this upgrade courtesy, when we were given the cold shoulder last year.

The room itself was fine, but furnishings and decorative details are comparable to a Fairfield Inn rather than another resort. Nothing especially fancy for what you pay.

Food and service were generally very good on this visit. Workers were pleasant and helpful. Resort facilities are clean and it really does serve well as a conference/convention space.

I'll stay again, but simply wish room requests were honored.

If I could give half stars, I'd give it a 3.5 rating.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
HobbyChef,

Thank you for providing your review online in regards of your return stay at our hotel. We are pleased to know this second experience was better with the room upgrade. On behalf of Gaylord Texan I want to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced before with the bedding request. Our team doesn't assign room numbers until check-in time but try their best to accommodate all the requests. Please feel free to email me directly at tfeedbackmailbox@gaylordhotels.com if you have any questions. Thank you again for your review and hope to see you back!
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Spent the day just hanging out at the Gaylord and have to say it is one of a kind. The weather has been the pits in Texas and just wanted to walk around in a nice place. We spent the whole day just milling around the beautiful indoor atrium. The river walk, fountains and greenery really took the blues away. Many nice shops and restaurants in a Warm environment. Sports bar, Mexican and Italian all in one spot. We really enjoyed dining on the river and took us to Mexico if just vicarious. Incredible indoor experience!

Stayed February 2014
GaylordTexanResort, Customer Care Specialist at Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Drchask,

Thank your review in regards of your experience at our Resort. We are extremely glad you enjoyed your stay in our atrium. We do hope you get to come back soon!
Lake Forest, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

The property itself is wonderful but when I called to inquire about using my "resort fee included" Internet service I was told I couldn't while I was at the convention center. Sad for me that the majority of my day and stay was in the attached building. $18 is what they charge and when I called to inquire about how to access internet...they were less than helpful.

• Stayed February 2014
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

The grand resort is far less confusing than the Nashville location. I didn't get lost once, and that is saying a lot, as I could get lost in a box! The restaurants on site are nice; I especially loved the Italian one. Best Spinach Salad ever! The Cantina was nice for Tex-Mex but after five days in Texas I was ready for a change of pace.
The rooms are nice, especially the ones facing the lakes with a balcony. However the staff wasn't quite sure what direction was east or west for a sunrise or sunset view, so that was a bit of a bummer. Bring earplugs because you do hear everything on each side of the walls.

Room Tip: Know if you prefer to look inside the atrium or an outside view.