“Gaylord Texan Resort” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center

You added Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center to your Saves list
Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   1501 Gaylord Trail, Grapevine, TX 76051   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Lone Star Christmas
Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Grapevine
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Gaylord Texan Resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Stayed at this beautiful resort before but found this visit disappointing for a few reasons. Our room had a leaking refrigerator but they did fix the problem after reporting it. The Texan Station restaurant was very disappointing. The first time we tried it they didn't have any Bud Light on tap and didn't have the mix to make any mojitos and this was on a Saturday when they should have been expecting a larger crowd due to football games. During our 2nd visit the following day it took nearly an hour to receive our food order and we didn't order anything special off the menu. The Silver Bar closed was too early for a Friday or Saturday evening (it closes at 11pm regardless if they are busy or not). The bartender Darlene that served us on Friday evening was very friendly and provided great service! If you haven't stayed here before it's a large property but could offer more lounges or bars. The Glass Cactus Nightclub is a nice club for all ages.

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the atrium.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
GaylordTexanResort, Customer Care Specialist at Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
MichaelLong1963,

We are so glad you were able to stay at our resort. We thank you for providing your feedback in regards of our food and beverage outlets. Our food and beverage team is fully aware of the inconveniences you experienced and will make sure our service improves. We are also glad to find out the service from Darlene was phenomenal! Feel free to contact us at Tfeedbackmailbox@gaylordhotels.com if you have any questions or need further assistance. Again thank you for letting us know about your stay! Hope you enjoy your day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (698)
  • Polish first
Manassas, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

The Gaylord Texan resort is huge and beautiful with a nice variety of restaurants, two pools, a huge spa/exercise room and shops. It's a perfect place for a convention with the large meeting rooms and pretty atmosphere. Even when there are a lot of people there, it doesn't feel too crowded since every area is so large. My husband won a trip and this is where we stayed and we were so grateful to be able to experience such a grand hotel.

Room Tip: If you can get a room with a balcony facing the inner courtyard that would be ideal.
JudyAP,

Thank you so much for staying at our resort. We are extremely glad you had a wonderful experience with us. Thank you for providing your feedback and we hope you come back to visit us soon. Hope you have a great day!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

This hotel is seriously huge. We stayed at the Gaylord in Orlando, and the Texan is similarly sized. The property is beautiful, the parking convenient, and the public spaces are attractive and creative.

We enjoyed drinks and appetizers at Texan Station where we sat "outside" on the patio and people-watched. The food, drinks, and service were good.

Our room was spacious and up-to-date. We had a balcony room over-looking the atrium, which was a fun location. In the morning we enjoyed coffee from Java Coast on the balcony.

The bedding was above average and the towels were satisfactory. The bathroom was very roomy, with double sinks and a separate room for the bath/toilet.

I would definitely stay at the Gaylord Texan again. The location is great and we enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: We paid a bit more for an atrium/balcony room and it was worth it.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
GaylordTexanResort, Customer Care Specialist at Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Bauercat,

Thank you so much for staying at our resort. Your feedback is extremely important to us and we also want to thank you for providing feedback. We are glad you enjoyed the patio in Texan Station and our coffee shop Java Coast. We are excited you're planning to come back! Hope you have a wonderful day.
Incline Village, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Was very excited that this was the location for a seminar I was to attend and speak. I had heard so much about this property that I was actually looking forward to the trip. Upon driving in the property is impressive. Large and well manicured. Though there are thousands of people it was serine and calm. So I parked my vehicle, which I should have used the valet and trekked over to the main building to check.

Check in was professional and well mannered but cold and distant. Ask a question and was afforded I do not know, waited for let me check and ........nothing. Oh well it was Sunday, the place is crawling with patrons just a tough day. Went to my room which is very well laid out. Beds and pillows were comfortable, bathroom was more than sufficient and lighting was very good. Even had free internet, what a treat. Though as I unpacked I noticed the rugs were rather soiled for what is to be considered a four/five star hotel. Patio had bird droppings. Not a deal breaker just one of those scratch the head and wonder. At $200 plus a night you expect more.

So I unpacked and prepared for the next mornings meeting before I would walk the grounds. Now the grounds are well maintained and enjoyable but maybe too manicured, too perfect. It was nice just to walk and observe. And there is plenty of space to do so. It is large enough it would not be hard to get yourself turned around and lost.

So since there was the big game down in Irving you can imagine the hustle and bustle of the all the feeding holes. I choose the Texan. What a disappointment!!!!. Service was ...well there was no service. Took forever to get a drink. Ordered food and it was nearly forty minutes before it was served. Well that is ok, I had no place to go but the food was average, absolutely average. So now I had to wait for a drink, waited for food that was as exciting as getting your teeth cleaned and service that was next to not having service. I was not going to let the detour my mood. I have been waiting to enjoy this place since the seminar was planned back in June.

So two associates and I decided after a few hours of watching football to go grab dinner and call it night. Went for Italian, again, service mediocre, food a little above average, though the atmosphere was very nice. Just not living up to my expectation but I have a few more days here so this can turn. Next morning at seven was at the meeting rooms and the spread look good. Food is fresh and well displayed but.... in short another disappoint with the food, but the service was better, same with lunch and dinner more of the same. You would think the food would be spectacular-amazing, mouth watering. It was just........oh well.

So three days of average or less on the food, service in general weak, and the experience flat disappointing. Not saying I would not give it another chance but with the food and service as average as it was there is no incentive to plan a second trip. Not one of Marriots's better performances.

Edward S,

Thank you so much for providing your feedback in regards to your experience at our resort. On behalf of Gaylord Texan team, we want to apologize for the inconveniences you experience with our restaurants and the service provided to you. Our team strives to provide flawless service to all of our guest. Our Food and Beverage management team has been notified so we can improve our service. Please feel free to email us at Tfeedbackmailbox@gaylordhotels.com to better assist you. Again, we thank you so much for your feedback and we hope to hear soon from you. Have a great day!
Driftwood, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

They are not very respectful of their Platinum Elite customers. Reservation was made in advance. They did not look at profile and tried to give us a double room rather than a King bed. When we requested a King, the Platinum counter person looked very unhappy and at first told us none were available. After telling us he was upgrading us, he put us in a room with a king bed looking out onto the parking lot on the first floor. The walls are so think that we were kept awake by a person snoring in the adjoining room. There was constant noise in the hallways at all hours of the night. Our room was next to a set of exit stairs that were constantly in use. (more noise)
The staff in the restaurant were excellent. They were friendly and attentive. (my one good comment)
The hotel charges for everything including $17 to self park while people visited us. They also charge a resort fee which is just another way to get money without giving anything in return.

James F,

We thank you so much for being a Platinum Elite member and for staying at our resort. We are very glad you're providing your feedback so we can improve our services. On behalf of Gaylord Texan we want to apologize for the inconvenience you had with your room request. Our team strives to accommodate all of our guests requests based on availability and we are sorry this didn’t happen during your stay. Please feel free to email us at Tfeedbackmailbox@gaylordhotels.com to better assist you. Again thank you for your feedback and we hope to hear soon from you. Have a wonderful day.
McLean, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Not sure where to begin due to all the issues we encountered. Checking in my credit card was overcharged by 1200+ USD. I asked to speak to the manager of the front desk and she helped me with a smile and promised to remove the additional hold immediately by calling the bank. A short while later I called my bank to stop that credit card as the Gaylord Texan tried to charge my card again. Thankfully my bank declined it and eventually I had to stop that credit card as I honestly thought someone was playing around. Not to mention two other additional charges to my credit card that the Front Desk Manager could not explain. Leaving the reception area we had to go and ask for our luggage to be taken to our rooms. Once we made it to our rooms our luggage finally arrived and the person delivering the luggage was very kind and dealing with him was the best experience of our stay. The rooms we were placed in were right next to the elevators and I can constantly here a humming noise caused from the elevators moving up and down. It was very difficult to sleep. The valet service was a hit and miss.

I am a gold Marriott member and I was treated horribly. This has been a very unpleasant stay. Really horrible stay. By the way a special thank you to Erick (Manager at the hotel) for listing to my complaints and not doing anything to make my stay a bit more comfortable. He could have easily moved me to a quitter room as there were rooms available (I checked online before calling Erick).

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
GaylordTexanResort, Customer Care Specialist at Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Ana,

Thank you for staying at our resort and providing your feedback towards your stay. Your concerns are important to us as this will help us improve our service. On behalf of Gaylord Texan we want to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced with your credit card billing, and the room location. We are also extremely sorry in regards of the service provided to you. Please feel free to contact us directly at Tfeedbackmailbox@gaylordhotels.com and we will be glad to help. We hope to hear soon from you!
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

My fiancé arrange a surprise night stay for us at The Gaylord in celebration of my birthday. If I had known what he was being charged I would have told him not to follow through. The cost of one night stay was $369. plus $18 for state tax $18 city. The bill also included another $18 that we thought was for parking but was told by the front desk that no, you still must pay $18.00 exiting the gate because that $18 on the bill covers the two bottles of water in the room; use of gym and swimming pool (which we did not use nor drink their water because we brought in our own bottled water). This resort offered absolutely nothing for the this outrageous room cost. They did not offer complimentary breaksfast nor any discounts to patronize the shops and restaurants on the property. There was no WOW factor about the King Size suite, we had to pay an extra $40 to get the room with an atrium view, therefore our room was over $400 for one night, check in available at 3 pm and check out at 11:00 am. The room was a handicap accessible room which I told the clerk that I did not want, but when we made the long walk to the room we were in no mood to go back to desk a third time. We unpacked and went back down to ask the concierge about a place to dine and the young man was very unfriendly, another young employee walked past us and saw our displeased look and asked to assist, which we appreciated. The outdoor feel being brought indoor is the only thing that this place offers which I have seen being a local in Dallas, but I really thought Gaylord Texan Resort would offer more to a registered guest. They offer nothing but an overpriced room, and the same expensive parking fee. I will never return or recommend this resort to anyone. I have had better or similar rooms at Extended Holiday Inn, Wynham Hotels and etc. These hotels at least offer rooms with both a refrigerator, microwave, sofa sleeper and a full hot complimentary breaksfast and Gaylord offers nothing but an overpriced rooms and expensive parking. Please people do not waste your money, you will happier with one of the other surrounding hotels. The food at the Texan Station and Riverwalk Cantina were not good.
DISAPPOINTED ON MY BIRTHDAY.

Room Tip: choose another hotel
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
GaylordTexanResort, Customer Care Specialist at Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
C.R,

Thank you for staying at our resort and taking the time to provide your feedback. On behalf of Gaylord Texan, we want to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced with the room type, your billing and the difficulties that you encountered at our Concierge desk. We also want apologize that you did not find your stay enjoyable and we could not meet your expectations. Please feel free to contact us directly at TFeedbackMailbox@Gaylordhotels.com to discuss the details of your stay. Looking forward to hear from you and we hope you have a good day.

Thank you!

Been to Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center? Share your experiences!