“"Great Family Getaway"” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center

You added Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center to your Saves list
Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   1501 Gaylord Trail, Grapevine, TX 76051   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Grapevine
Norman, Oklahoma
“"Great Family Getaway"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Loved everything about this Resort. It's almost like it's only little town within. There is something fun for everyone to do here. The waterpark is fabulous. Our little one really enjoyed the toddler pool. We will be going back!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (761)
  • Polish first
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Awesome! Jordan had an amazing birthday celebration at Grapevine location. 20 of his friends joined him, we heard only great comments. Look forward to our next stay. Pool great, dining great and our guest was so pleased they stay over night.

Room Tip: book your room as far from elevator and ice machines. Balcony view rooms adds a nice touch.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I had a wonderful room overlooking the atrium. My daughter, her fiancé and I had a wonderful time. We can't wait to go back. I am usually there on conventions and did not have much time to enjoy the property. It was awesome to go back on my own and enjoy the Gaylord Texan. I am renewed. Room service was great, the staff was professional and kind. The pool and the work out room was clean and smelled great. The food was great. I am so happy there were no smoking on the property ….I would strongly recommend the Gaylord…it is well worth it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Edmond, Oklahoma, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

After being told I messed up my own reservation, I went to my room to find a yellow (looks like it was peed on yellow) wash rag wadded up in the bathtub and dirty towels everywhere. The beds were barely made.The only positive thing I have to say was room service was good and the man was nice who brought my food.

The last note I have is that I am paying for two nights instead of one, leaving me a bill of $700 instead of $300. BUT REMEMBER I MESSED UP MY OWN RESERVATION SO I AM "RESPONSIBLE". (I tried to call and get this fixed but I was told that it was my fault for missing the reservation and they would give me a call back later to see if there was anything they could do, but guess what NO CALL!!!)

I have dined and stayed with the Gaylord many times. VERY VERY VERY DISAPPOINTING.

Basically, the Gaylord isn't what it was cracked up to be. I lived down the street from this hotel from the moment they started building it. My aunt designed and built the lobby floor. This hotel meant a lot to me. This was the first time I even went and reserved a hotel on my own.

Oh and the next morning (at 8:30) one of the ladies who came to clean rooms barged in my room without even knocking.

Just terrible, disappointing, and DIRTY.
I expect this from a Super 8, but a Gaylord? Never.

Room Tip: Dont waste your money, stay at the Great Wolf across the street, the people are polite, more things...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

The gaylord is a great resort. They have great restaurants on premises, their water park is fabulous, as well as their outdoor pool. I can nit say enough about this facility it. Is a treat place to stay

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Kind of frustrating when you have to request another room because your next door neighbor is conducting conference calls in his room and yelling at the top of his lungs when you're trying to take a snooze after a long flight. Other than that, the hotel is good...the Gaylords are known for their great atmosphere and huge campuses and that's pretty much the case here - although it's out in Grapevine, TX, and the views from the rooms is pretty crappy (in the first room I had, I just had a rooftop view, and in the second one, I had the highway.) I did encounter a few other problems. I couldn't find where my conference materials were shipped. None of the hotel staff knew. Then, finally, one of them said "go to the Kinkos/Fedex, they're probably down there." I had to make 2 trips to lug everything back up to my room; I would've picked them up the next morning but thank goodness I was able to get them that evening because they weren't going to be open the next morning when I needed to set everything up. The next morning, it was completely dark in the main atrium. No lights at all hardly, except a few lamps that lighted the walkway. The glass roof provides all the light in there during the day and it's very nice, with the waterfalls and foliage and so forth, but that didn't really help my situation. Anyhow...I wouldn't NOT go back to this hotel, or dread it in the future, but it didn't really come up to the standard that the other few Gaylords seem to be at (I've stayed at the other ones multiple times).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
HOUSTON,TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed in room overlooking the restaurant cantina. dont stay by cantina if you do not like to hear french music lightly playing at night and morn. music was very soft. No noise problems encountered from restaurant. Spend the extra for the inside hotel balcony view rooms. paradise springs was great. It will keep teen busy only for 1 day. its main attraction is lazy river and small zipline. Had 14yr old boy, 11yr old girl and 8 yr old boy. Expect to spend lots of money at hotel you do not have to leave for 2 days which is when you want something different. it is great for relaxing family time yet will keep teen busy for one and half days, a wkend. Lots to look at and lots going on in hotel all the time. Beautiful hotel ry o walk around including the grounds. Young kids will be amazed. Room, grounds, everything well maintained. Staff great. Fireworks great. Poolside and paradise springs food great. You can charge to room. Will return. great for family and definitely couples. Has nightclub and sports bars on property. Caters to all couples, singles, and families yet neither group clashing or crossing paths. A must hotel.

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center? Share your experiences!