I stayed at this hotel for a conference in September of 2012. I've never stayed in a place quite like it. The hotel is enclosed in a giant biodome-type structure, with only a pool, golf courses and jogging path being outside. In addition to the hotel rooms, it includes a few restaurants of varying price points, a large gym and spa, one indoor lap pool, shops, and several meeting facilities.
The rooms were average, large as per Texan standards I suppose. But not too creative in terms of decor. I didn't spend much time in my room due to all the activities of the conference. There is a patio outside of the room but I didn't want to spend much time out there, because it only looked out into the enclosed biodome area and my neighbor smoked. I'm pretty sure no smoking is allowed due to the enclosed environment, but I didn't confirm.
My biggest "con" was the sleep quality; my room was adjacent to the sports bar which had a large outside TV (bright enough to creep through my curtains) and had a lot of noise until approximately midnight.
My biggest "pro" was the spa/gym. The facilities are huge and modern. I had a very good massage at the spa (our conference provided a 20% discount so I couldn't resist). The lap pool was fairly empty at 7AM and easy to swim in. Lots of towels and water provided. I did stray outside to use the outdoor pool once, but it was insanely hot outside...I guess this is why they have the biodome enclosure!
I ate at all of the restaurants and would say most are OK. I did enjoy the steakhouse, where I made an entire meal of the large cheese tasting plate :)
If you're not here for a conference or to play golf (lots of courses onsite), I would not choose this hotel. It is definitely too far from Dallas and most other sites in the area. But if you are here for a conference, this is a good choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You'll arrive through a ranch-style archway surrounded by rolling pastureland. Along the way, rugged canyon walls rise steadily to frame your first glimpse of the breathtaking new Gaylord. Sitting high on a bluff overlooking the glistening waters of Lake Grapevine, just eight minutes from D/FW International Airport, this awe-inspiring resort welcomes you to an authentic Texas experience. From the colorful Riverwalk and wide-open Texas Hill Country to the aura of Southwest-style architecture and the majestic Rio-Grande, its all here under our signature glass dome. Here, we offer state-of-the-art convention and meeting facilities, endless entertainment, World-class spa & fitness center, lavish guest rooms and our tradition of unsurpassed hospitality. Everything in on place so you can have it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Low Cost Holidays, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord Texan Hotel Grapevine
- Gaylord Texan Resort And Convention Center
- Gaylord Texas Resort
- Gaylord Texas Hotel
- The Gaylord Texan
- Gaylord Texan Grapevine
- Gaylord Texan Resort Convention Center
- Gaylord Grapevine